McCoy left today's practice with tight hamstring...Uh Oh

Big Turk

Heard on Rome show updates...this is why hamstrings suck...everything feels fine then one wrong movement and it pulls worse than the first time...

Ryan said he was "hopeful" he can play Sunday.

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me be the first to say...DOOMED! bad karma for smack talking. what a week to cut Bryce Brown out of nowhere! who the heck is going to "ground and pound" for us? Boobie Dixon? he's good for 1-2 ypc. Karlos? he's looked ok but he's a rookie and he's more of a change of pace back anyhow. nice work Whaley

This staff and organization have shown tremendous favorability toward playing it safe. Rex did it some in NJ.

I am totally fine with this.

And even if I'm not, there's not a damn thing I can do about it so why complain? ;)

Here's my question about a pulled hammy. By being pulled (or sprained/strained) does playing on it increase the chance of it getting worse? Or does it just risk it not healing as fast?

Depends on many things. If it is pulled it is already injured. If it is strained then it is just hurt. Either way, playing on it doesn't help it heal. It can slow it down, at the very least or further injure it. Think of SJ13 a few years ago.

And even if I'm not, there's not a damn thing I can do about it so why complain? ;)

If Stojan isn't freaking out, I think that's a good sign.

I am sure you are fine with it because he did not seem to be hampered by it Sunday and he has 4 days to chill. I'd rather learn he sat out of practice today then hobbled thru it. Good call by Rex.

Depends on many things. If it is pulled it is already injured. If it is strained then it is just hurt. Either way, playing on it doesn't help it heal. It can slow it down, at the very least or further injure it. Think of SJ13 a few years ago.

If Stojan isn't freaking out, I think that's a good sign.

I am sure you are fine with it because he did not seem to be hampered by it Sunday and he has 4 days to chill. I'd rather learn he sat out of practice today then hobbled thru it. Good call by Rex.

He played OK last week but we dominated without him being a superstar. I'd almost be ok with him in a backup role until he's healed. Edited by stevestojan

didn't we give up like 5 first round picks for him? this front office really blows.

Heard on Rome show updates...this is why hamstrings suck...everything feels fine then one wrong movement and it pulls worse than the first time...

Here's my question about a pulled hammy. By being pulled (or sprained/strained) does playing on it increase the chance of it getting worse? Or does it just risk it not healing as fast?

Yes, I had a pulled hamstring back in college that ended up tearing after 6 weeks of playing on it and having it keep pulling worse and worse.

Mistaken identity. He's Rex Ryan. I'm Hopeful.

This weekend will be Karlos Williams arrival on the scene. Book it!

Karlos, is that you?

let me be the first to say...DOOMED! bad karma for smack talking. what a week to cut Bryce Brown out of nowhere! who the heck is going to "ground and pound" for us? Boobie Dixon? he's good for 1-2 ypc. Karlos? he's looked ok but he's a rookie and he's more of a change of pace back anyhow. nice work Whaley

Bryce sucks. Let his name fade.