OCT 27, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres move on without Kane, face Flyers

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

MONDAY’S PRACTICE
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 63 Tyler Ennis
23 Sam Reinhart – 15 Jack Eichel – 22 Johan Larsson
26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 12 Brian Gionta
82 Marcus Foligno – 17 David Legwand – 88 Jamie McGinn – 59 Tim Schaller

Defensemen: 4 Josh Gorges, 55 Rasmus Ristolainen, 29 Jake McCabe, 3 Mark Pysyk, 6 Mike Weber, 46 Cody Franson, 25 Carlo Colaiacovo

31 Chad Johnson
35 Linus Ullmark

10-27: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (15:18)

Dan Bylsma says Bogosian is "week-to-week" with his injury

Bylsma on Eichel: "I didn't quite think he would be this dynamic offensively this early"

Eichel: "His work away from the puck...he's been better than I thought he would be... he's still learning"

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said as much but I'm pretty sure 2-6-0 is a record even a novice can figure out.

Did you see this team play last year? How many games has our # 1 goalie played? Do you know what Ottawa did last year?

Now, I am not saying the Sabres are going to do anything close to what the Sens did last year, but I know they will get better and pucks are going to start going in the net. Think most of us were hoping for a competitive team that challenges for the last playoff spot. While the record does not reflect it, they have been competitive in most every game.

BTW, I did laugh at the driving comment!

Did you see this team play last year? How many games has our # 1 goalie played? Do you know what Ottawa did last year?

Now, I am not saying the Sabres are going to do anything close to what the Sens did last year, but I know they will get better and pucks are going to start going in the net. Think most of us were hoping for a competitive team that challenges for the last playoff spot. While the record does not reflect it, they have been competitive in most every game.

BTW, I did laugh at the driving comment!

Didn't they give up 94 goals to Montreal? That was competitive?

Didn't they give up 94 goals to Montreal? That was competitive?

You got a problem with reading comprehension son? What part of " most every game" is hard to understand?

And even in that game , they had the better of the play for the first 30 minutes. But my gut is you have. It watched any of the games.

@FriedgeHNIC

30 Thoughts -- http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-flames-willing-to-deal-but-is-anyone-else/

26. One Maple Leaf on Jack Eichel: “The word is out…if you let him get going, he will embarrass you.”

27. Sam Reinhart downplayed his switch to wing from centre, saying he’s played it before at some international events and, at WHL Kootenay alongside older brother Max. He did say that the biggest difference between moving there at the NHL is how you get the puck in your zone. “When you’re at centre, you’re always moving. It’s easier to get going. When you get it on the wing, you’re often standing still. So, it’s harder to make that quick play.”

Reinhart is whip-smart. On the power-play, coach Dan Bylsma said the Sabres’ first three extra-man goals “don’t happen without his positioning in front.”

Here are the projected lineups:

SABRES

Nicolas Deslauriers - Ryan O'Reilly - Tyler Ennis

Sam Reinhart - Jack Eichel - Johan Larsson

Matt Moulson- Zemgus Girgensons - Brian Gionta

Marcus Foligno - David Legwand - Jamie McGinn

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe - Mark Pysyk

Carlo Colaiacovo - Cody Franson

Chad Johnson

Linus Ullmark

Injured: Evander Kane (knee), Robin Lehner (ankle), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: Mike Weber, Tim Schaller

FLYERS

Michael Raffl - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek

Matt Read - Sam Gagner - Wayne Simmonds

R.J. Umberger - Scott Laughton - Brayden Schenn

Chris VandeVelde - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Ryan White

Nick Schultz - Mark Streit

Michael Del Zotto - Radko Gudas

Evgeny Medvedev - Luke Schenn

Steve Mason

Jason LaBarbera

Injured: Sean Couturier (upper body), Michal Neuvirth (upper body)

Scratched: Vincent Lecavalier, Brandon Manning

Status report: Foligno will play on the fourth line after sitting out Saturday against the Devils because of a lower-body injury. … Colaiacovo, who had eight points in 32 games with the Flyers last season, could play for the second straight game in place of Weber. … Neuvirth, who was placed on injured reserve Saturday, was a partial participant in the morning skate.

Who's hot: The Sabres' power play is 3-for-9 in its past two games. … O'Reilly has two goals and two assists in his past two games. … Simmonds has one goal and three assists during a four-game point streak.

You got a problem with reading comprehension son? What part of " most every game" is hard to understand?

And even in that game , they had the better of the play for the first 30 minutes. But my gut is you have. It watched any of the games.

Don't feed the troll, Plez

(PS - Although he is the funniest and wittiest troll on here)

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Damned right the word is out on Eichel.

After he sped around PK Subban, one of the quickest and best Dmen in the league, Rob Ray reported Subban skated back to the bench saying, "You gotta give him a stick length. You gotta give him a stick length."

Meaning if you try defending him closer, he will blow right past you. How many times have we seen that already?

It is a crime he doesn't have at least eight assists at this point. Give that kid a finisher for crissakes!

GO SABRES!!!

Damned right the word is out on Eichel.

After he sped around PK Subban, one of the quickest and best Dmen in the league, Rob Ray reported Subban skated back to the bench saying, "You gotta give him a stick length. You gotta give him a stick length."

Meaning if you try defending him closer, he will blow right past you. How many times have we seen that already?

It is a crime he doesn't have at least eight assists at this point. Give that kid a finisher for crissakes!

GO SABRES!!!

Wouldn't it be great if they had the sort of player that knew how to get to the scoring spots a guy like an Eichel or a Tavares would be able to get the puck to? Now, wherever would they find a player like that? 0:)