Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

I've seen the chart before but can't find it right now. I believe we can't pick at 4 but odds for 1st 2nd and 3rd are: 3%, 3.5% and 4% respectively. Now I could be slightly off but that's close to accurate at worst.

The chart above says 6% for the 1st pick?

We have a 19.1% chance of moving up to top 3.

6% for #1

Ah, you posted at the same time. Got it - that's pretty good!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I screwed it up a bit. Here's the link that has the odds for every team and every pick. Can't seem to get the picture to attach it here so I have to just leave the link.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/4/10/11396278/2016-nhl-draft-lottery-final-rules-and-odds-table

Thanks! Like QCity, I'm feeling lucky to get in that top 3! We had a 25% chance and lost, then a 20% chance and lost. I say the law of averages is going to give us one!

Sure.....like the last 8 out 21 times the team with the best odds won.

can't stand the smugness of shanahan.....Matthews seemed none to pleased that he is going to Toronto....can't say I blame him.

can't stand the smugness of shanahan.....Matthews seemed none to pleased that he is going to Toronto....can't say I blame him.

Yeah, the "mixed emotions" comments was funny.

You mean like McDavid? He was almost in tears last year and seemed to do pretty well?

These kids hope to go to their home team. they are always a little shocked. understandable.

Yeah, the "mixed emotions" comments was funny.

He's from Arizona and let it be known that he grew up watching shane Doan and Daniel briere. He's a big Coyote's fan. I would expect mixed emotions.

Edited by thebug

I've never paid attention to the NHL draft before recently...are there no big trades up into the top 3 like in the NFL? Any chance the Sabres could package some of their draft booty to move up?

I've never paid attention to the NHL draft before recently...are there no big trades up into the top 3 like in the NFL? Any chance the Sabres could package some of their draft booty to move up?

Almost none. There is no way any team trades out of the top three.

@Sportsnet

With the #NHLDraftLottery over, @DamoSpin is ready with a full first round mock draft. http://sprtsnt.ca/1WyLxJ0

ChV32TNWIAAVf1w.jpg

8. Buffalo Sabres: Jakob Chychrun, D, Sarnia (OHL) 6-2, 194 lbs

To many scouts, but not all, Chychrun is the No. 2 defenceman available in the draft. The Sabres might feel differently, but going for blue-line help makes the most sense for GM Tim Murray.

@Sportsnet

With the #NHLDraftLottery over, @DamoSpin is ready with a full first round mock draft. http://sprtsnt.ca/1WyLxJ0

ChV32TNWIAAVf1w.jpg

8. Buffalo Sabres: Jakob Chychrun, D, Sarnia (OHL) 6-2, 194 lbs

To many scouts, but not all, Chychrun is the No. 2 defenceman available in the draft. The Sabres might feel differently, but going for blue-line help makes the most sense for GM Tim Murray.

Chychrun is a stud D-man!