The key to beating the Patriots this Sunday is...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like others have mentioned. We have to disrupt that quick passing game hopefully with quick initial pressure up the middle right in Brady face forcing him to move around the pocket. And our secondary needs to be physical, and attacking the receivers much like we did vs the Colts.

On offense we're going to have to run the ball more effectively than we did vs the Colts. Hopefully we can incorporate shady in the passing game a bit more like we did on that screen pass early vs the Colts and let him get some nice yac.

Last but not least: win the turnover battle. Giving a team like the pats extra possessions on offense will seal our fate for sure.

Quick pressure from the middle to disrupt the pocket on Brady. While also, bumping receivers off the line of scrimmage to disrupt timing on pass routes. Have to find a way to disrupt pass routes so that you force Brady to hold the ball for more than 2 seconds. And then have to have a pass rush at the same time that forces him to get rid of the ball sooner than he wants to or else take a sack.

If the Bills stop Brady, the Bills win. If they can't stop Brady, then they will have to outscore him. And that will be very hard to do. This week we find out how good Rex really is as a defensive minded coach.

When the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl a few years back, it was with the pass rush...giants got to Brady!!! and Won!! Bills could do that !!!!!

Quick pressure from the middle to disrupt the pocket on Brady. While also, bumping receivers off the line of scrimmage to disrupt timing on pass routes. Have to find a way to disrupt pass routes so that you force Brady to hold the ball for more than 2 seconds. And then have to have a pass rush at the same time that forces him to get rid of the ball sooner than he wants to or else take a sack.

If the Bills stop Brady, the Bills win. If they can't stop Brady, then they will have to outscore him. And that will be very hard to do. This week we find out how good Rex really is as a defensive minded coach.

reading all the posts this one works best for me. Play disciplined contain on the edges ungloriously. As Mario did last week but bring bull rush pressure up the middle, and get those damn hands up when he cocks his quickly deflating balls. disrupt disrupt disrupt.

i think the wide nine concept is not too far off base for the foundation scheme. screw the disguise. till its time to disguise lol

Tackling. I think we will see a very similar offensive approach by the Pats that was taken against Seattle in the Super Bowl last year. A lot of quick passes across the line of scrimmage to RBs, Edelman, Amendola etc. We have to get off blocks and wrap up. The Pats are the best in the league at turning a 1 yard pass into a 11 yard gain. Our corners need to play even better then they did last week. Brady has executed the dink and dunk gameplan against us to perfection for nearly a decade. (See last year's 27 of 37 for 361 yards and 4 TDs performance at against us at home). We must be able to stop/contain their quick passing attack in order to have a chance IMO.

Edited by jmc12290

I took a look at the box score from when GB beat them last year. I didn't think GB had a great D last year by any means. It looks like the main thing they did was stop the run. Brady had a good day passing. They didn't really stop Gronk - he had 7 for 98 (0 TDs). They didn't force any NE turnovers and only got one sack. It was 26-21 ... Not really a shootout either. I think GB controlled the clock and converted 3rd downs. Lacy had a good but but not great day on the ground. I did notice Rodgers had decent amount of rushing yards (hmmmmm). Rodgers had 300+ passing but was sacked 3 times.He appeared to have lit up any corner not named Revis. I think their corner situation is going to be a issue when they play good QBs. TBD if Taylor is one of those.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I took a look at the box score from when GB beat them last year. I didn't think GB had a great D last year by any means. It looks like the main thing they did was stop the run. Brady had a good day passing. They didn't really stop Gronk - he had 7 for 98 (0 TDs). They didn't force any NE turnovers and only got one sack. It was 26-21 ... Not really a shootout either. I think GB controlled the clock and converted 3rd downs. Lacy had a good but but not great day on the ground. I did notice Rodgers had decent amount of rushing yards (hmmmmm). Rodgers had 300+ passing but was sacked 3 times.He appeared to have lit up any corner not named Revis. I think their corner situation is going to be a issue when they play good QBs. TBD if Taylor is one of those.

Good WRs also, I would think. And, we definitely have those.

Good WRs also, I would think. And, we definitely have those.

yep. davante Adams was their #3 WR last year and he had a monster game, I think close to 150 yards. Jordy Nelson had like 58 yards, I assume Revis was covering him. Cobb had about the same. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not only quick pressure, but I also think we need to focus on trying to swat passes at the line. He gets rid of the ball too quickly to worry too much about sacks... just push the OL back and get your hands up.

I totally agree with this...just like years ago with D. Marino.

Have the D-line rush Brady's passing lanes especially, when NE setup in the stack formation on those rub routes, with hands up when he tries those quick hits to the smaller receiver's.

Follow that up by jamming Gronk (easier said than done) as much as possible at the LOS.

On offense- open it up and throw downfield early & on short down and distance...Belicheat likes to bring his safety's up to intimidate the WR's on slants & hooks early in the game (see Denver game & any other game against Peyton). Using double moves & get open routes will keep them off balanced, IMO.

We need to give Henderson help on that right side or Ninkovich is gonna pound on TT and Shady. They're going to overload that side to confuse Henderson and the rook Miller even more, and collapse the pocket like Indy did so often last Sunday. This is where Mulligan and or Felton will earn their roster spots, backing up our RG and RT. Clay will need to chip here and there too.

I rewatched the game, Henderson was really struggling out there boys. Both in protection and almost all run plays. Belichick is going to be all over that so we'd better have an answer.

The other key is learning to defend the pick plays they run with the little white midgets out there in the flat. As per usual, the Pats walk the line between illegal and legal. Sometimes they get called and sometimes they don't, but they run a ton of pick plays and they're almost impossible to defend.

Tyrod's legs. -Especially in the red zone.

i took a look back at their schedule the last two years and how they fared against QBs with mobility. In the reg season the closest were Tannehill (2-2 over last 2 years) and Alex smith (0-1). If you count Rodgers as mobile that's another loss. Thad Lewis in a quagmire was a win. As I did this I also noticed that in Rex's last 4 match ups with the Pats*, he is 1-3 and the 3 losses were by a COMBINED 5 pts. And those were some crap jets rosters.

If you go back to 2012, Kaepernick killed them in Foxboro. Russell Wilson beat them too.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1) big physical & morale booster from having Dareus in there - he has to damn near be salivating already. He also alluded to some dirty crap the Pats have laid on him, so watch out for big #99 creating big-time havoc.

2) minimizing YAC and aggressive tackling by the secondary like the Colts game

3) mess with Tommy Boy's head through multiple looks & stunts; hit him time after time after time. It's what he likes the least, above all else

4) Clean up our run blocking, esp. on the right side. Hopefully the Colts game was more of a communication problem vs. a physical one. We have to dominate both LOS.

5) Open the playbook; I've got to think GRo held some things back in preparation for the Pats game.....a mildly conservative game after the Beeelz went up 17-0 then 24-0

6) Exploit the rookie interior of the Pats o-line