The key to beating the Patriots this Sunday is...

I would be more Schwartz than Rex with the DL on Sunday. Brady gets the ball out so fast, I'd just concentrate on getting physical with the receivers and letting the front 4 pin their ears back. You don't have to play contain with Mario & Jerry against Brady. Focus on taking away all the little quick throws and force him to deal with a collapsing pocket.

Obviously, Rex doesn't do predictable but I don't think we can be anywhere near as exotic as we were against Luck.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be more Schwartz than Rex with the DL on Sunday. Brady gets the ball out so fast, I'd just concentrate on getting physical with the receivers and letting the front 4 pin their ears back. You don't have to play contain with Mario & Jerry against Brady. Focus on taking away all the little quick throws and force him to deal with a collapsing pocket.

Obviously, Rex doesn't do predictable but I don't think we can be anywhere near as exotic as we were against Luck.

I would disguise everything. All the time. I think they use exotic blitzes if they disguise them well (I think Rex's success doing this is well documented).

On top of that I would drive the middle of the line into Brady's lap. I agree the DE and outside blitzes will not be as important because he gets the ball out so quickly. However pushing a half ton of lineman (O & D) into him should throw off his timing.

I would disguise everything. All the time. I think they use exotic blitzes if they disguise them well (I think Rex's success doing this is well documented).

On top of that I would drive the middle of the line into Brady's lap. I agree the DE and outside blitzes will not be as important because he gets the ball out so quickly. However pushing a half ton of lineman (O & D) into him should throw off his timing.

I'm an enormous fan of the Stanford A-Gap blitz. If we could get a LB to time it up as well as Skayne Skov does, that could put incredible stress on their interior. I really believe that Tre Jackson is there for the taking, I abhor him.

I'm an enormous fan of the Stanford A-Gap blitz. If we could get a LB to time it up as well as Skayne Skov does, that could put incredible stress on their interior. I really believe that Tre Jackson is there for the taking, I abhor him.

Yeah a combination of (in ascending order of scariness) K Williams, Bradham, and Dareus should be able to own any G-C-G combination in the league. I like the idea of this stunt: Kyle smashes across the Guards face into the Center. Bradham comes in and blows up the Guard that Williams was over. Finally Dareus loops around the pile and goes through the huge created gap between the center and the guard.

Getting pressure on Brady is always the key.

But Brady is the best at getting the ball out quick, and with a healthy dose of respect for our front four, I think their gameplan won't have a lot of Bledsoe five second drop backs.

So I think in addition to the (Giants) cliche of generating simple pressure with your front four (rather than disguised, creative, blitz, etc), the number one key will be defending the quick passes, both on the outsides and slants.

I think/hope/pray that Aaron Williams and Darby are two of the big performers in shutting down the quick passing game and if we get solid games out of them we will be in very good shape.

I also think more power running with Karlos early will help open things up for Shady in the middle of the game and then let Karos come back late when the d starts to tire. Offensively, that chain of Incognito-Felton-Karlos I think can do more damage and control the ball early than we would normally see.

Keep Brady on the sideline by having our offense on the field longer. The lesser Brady is on the field, the lesser is the chance for them to score

!@#$ that. I want Brady on the field as long as possible. I want him to spend 45 minutes of game time being ground to a bloody pulp by 1200 pounds of defensive lineman. Can't do that when he's on the sideline.