Clearly the board is being taken over by *pats fans

Estelle Getty

Yep, and it's been painfully earned. I recall in 2011 when the team got off to that 5-1 start and people cautioned, "don't get too excited this happened in 2008" and others responded "this team is different!"

And while it was different, the results were painfully similar. I'm excited but I'm not getting off the rails excited until a playoff spot is locked down.

in that year, there were some really legit concerns despite the record. this year, barring injury and assuming tyrod can stay efficient, id be surprised to see us plummet. those are two big "ifs" still, but i think the team you saw yesterday is much more able to sustain than the Fitz squad that was benefiting from incredible good breaks. though we wont always win the turnover battle 3-0 weekly, this roster seems much more able to win a tough game than that one did.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think folks need to understand that finding room for improvement is not a bad thing; it's actually a very good thing.

This is a very good football team, and I haven't seen anyone on this board say anything else. Being very good, and still having room for improvement, proffers quite the forecast for this team's season.

This is what I've been thinking as well. You don't want to maxed out and playing near perfect at this time. At the same time, you hope the problems are improveable.

When the score was 24-8 I was sure we were in trouble. My wife asked "why can't you just enjoy the game?". I looked at her like she was insane.

I envy any fan who was able to sit there thinking that the game was over at 24-8. I would have been furious if they blew that lead. Shocked? Sorry, no. But I am thinking that things are getting a lot better. :)

I offer that your ban be re-instated. Evade banning seems like a bannable offense from the get go.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'd shut down the board before he was ever banned.

He just forgets his password every 5 years...

I envy any fan who was able to sit there thinking that the game was over at 24-8. I would have been furious if they blew that lead. Shocked? Sorry, no. But I am thinking that things are getting a lot better. :)

I know I'm in the minority, but for me, the outcome of that game was never in doubt.

I was 100% certain of a dominant victory from the moment I set foot on the grounds of Ralph Wilson Stadium--and that's not typical for me.

I have no feeling on this Sunday...yet

It's called Battered Buffalo Fan Syndrome.

I fought in Desert Storm without a hint of PTSD or Gulf War Syndrome.

But I admit to a mild case of BBFS. I didn't start any negative threads but I did question Roman's ability to utilize Shady.

I guess after 15 years of futility and dashed hopes, it's easy to see signs of more trouble.

This might be a difficult recovery. The best medicine would be a win over the Pats.

Edited by hondo in seattle

have you been around a winning teams board?

Yeah, I was on here when the team was in the midst of 10 playoff trips in 12 years.

And the people I am talking about aren't the people with negative takes on the team.......it's the people that get irate when others point out those failures and demand better.

We are fans......but it's a product. It's ok to be critical of failure if it encourages discussion.

I would equate the environment here for the past 15 years to a drought that kills the grass, but creates a situation where previously unseen weeds can then flourish.