Week 1 "lock" to win - Now on to Week 2.

bobobonators

BB sucks!! Easy win.

Not THAT ugly grumpy squared face bb. Talking about Blake Bortles.

Carolina over Jaguars. Easiest W first week.

i will disagree. Carolina is weak in skill players and Jax has quietly put together a solid nucleus. In analyzing preseason play, Bortles looks to be starting to live up to his lofty draft expectations. I also like Allen Robinson a lot on that squad. There are two teams in the league this year that I think are going to play better than most expect: Oakland and the Jags

But Fitz is not playing against the Jets :mellow:

The Jets defense is very solid - the Browns don't have a QB and they don't have any WR. This is the best matchup the Jets could possibly have week 1. Fitz is the best QB in this game and the Jets D should dominate the Browns putrid offense. And the Jets are at home.

I don't personally think the new coach argument has much weight at all.

Not my favorite matchup though. Still prefer WAS over MIA or GB over CHI

Wow, you and I are worlds apart. I think Browns Jets is 50/50, and I picked Miami over Washington as my survivor pool pick this week (unless you just had it backwards in your post.)

Edited by Captain Caveman

No such thing as a week 1 lock, but Miami would seem to be a solid bet. Then again, remember the year they lost to Houston and killed about 70% of all survivor pools?

And, I hate to say it, I really can't see the Patriots* not winning easily at home.

No such thing as a week 1 lock, but Miami would seem to be a solid bet. Then again, remember the year they lost to Houston and killed about 70% of all survivor pools?

And, I hate to say it, I really can't see the Patriots* not winning easily at home.

Pats start slow beginning of season, emotional letdown after ceremony and Brady stuff, Pats D being as bad as the Stillers ....not likely mind you, but I can see Piitsburgh winning as they should have a top 5 offense.

This title reminds me of a friend of mine who is the kiss of death. These numbers might be off a little so please don't blast me. Years ago when they used to play the opening college game at Giant Stadium the match up was Army vs Nebraska. It was the Tom Osborne era. My friend, M, has tickets so he also must place a bet. His bookie says there is no line, M argues that he has to place a bet, finally the bookie says ok the line is 72. M places his bet, he takes Army and the points.

Army returns the opening kick of for a touchdown. M turns to our mutual friend and says "it's a lock"! Final score Nebraska 80 Army 7. So much for the lock.

Pats start slow beginning of season, emotional letdown after ceremony and Brady stuff, Pats D being as bad as the Stillers ....not likely mind you, but I can see Piitsburgh winning as they should have a top 5 offense.

In Pittsburgh, maybe. In NE with a fired up crowd and Brady all pissed off, and no Bell/Pouncey, I don't see it.

I'm surprised no one is thinking Dallas over NYG.

Division games are usually risky but with Dallas at home and NY looking like they could be a mess this season I'd probably lean towards this game in a survivor pool.

Week 1 is tough to predict.

What about cincy over Oakland? I feel every time I pick cincy they lose. Anyone here big on Oakland?

I like Oakland, but just not this year yet. This time next year, I think they contend for a wild card if Carr keeps progressing and they have another like the last two they have had. They have some nice talent there, like us in about 2010 after we drafted Dareus and had some talent on offense, but the D was still about 2 years from realizing their collective talent.

The Miami over the Redskins is probably the safest bet. Vikings over Niners might be the next best.

Stay far away from the Rams/Seattle game unless you're taking Rams with the points. The Rams have played the Hawks very tough over the last couple years. The Rams might have the better D in this matchup and their offense should be improved.

Mia over Wash looks to be the best lock

The Cowboys over the Giants could be another!

The Patriots should own the Steelers without Bell, Bryant, and just because the cheaters are down a WR they still have gronk, Edelman, Amendola

One reason I wouldn't take GB over the Bears is because the Packers WR corps -O line is currently in flux, and the Bears new HC is John Fox. Fox will run the ball and setup the offense for Cutler to have minimal turnovers, JMO

Hey guys, so for week 1 I couldn't decide between picking MIA or picking GB so I ended up putting money on both and did a 2 game parlay for outright winners.

For Week 2, which are some "locks" for you guys?

I'm really liking the Rams (@ Washington); Dolphins (@Jags); and Ravens (@Raiders).

I thought I was really going to like the Steelers at home vs. the 49ers, but after last night I have no idea what to think of the 49ers team. Did the Vikings go into that game overlooking the 49ers? Are the 49ers better than everyone expected? Are the Vikings worse? Maybe a little bit of both. For that reason I may hold off on picking a 49ers game until I get a better feel for them. That being said, I can't see the Steelers losing their home opener after an extended rest and losing their 1st week..