Fred Jackson astounds Pete Carroll

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524030/article/carroll-jackson-could-play-a-lot-for-hawks-in-week-1

I have to admit after decades of futility I have little confidence in Bills management to not screw things up.

I am pretty sure that Pete Carroll is a good circa 2015 coach. I hope the Bills didn't blunder this move.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills didn't blunder anything critical. Is Fred Jackson still able to contribute as a football player? Absolutely. But the Bills made the difficult decision (going rogue) that they didn't want to lose one of their other backs to be able to keep Fred for one more season. It's the sad reality of set rosters and salary caps.

I wish Freddie nothing but the best in Seattle and I hope he can play the whole season there. But Fred Jackson is, at this stage of his career, a complimentary player and he won't be the difference between this team making the playoffs and not.

What Seattle has behind Marshawn Lynch is not the same as what the Bills have behind Shady McCoy.

That's all you really need to know.

There is no "blunder" here. If Fred has a nice season in Seattle getting his 10-12 touches a game (and stays healthy) that still doesn't mean the Bills will suffer.

What Seattle has behind Marshawn Lynch is not the same as what the Bills have behind Shady McCoy.

That's all you really need to know.

There is no "blunder" here. If Fred has a nice season in Seattle getting his 10-12 touches a game (and stays healthy) that still doesn't mean the Bills will suffer.

Why do you say that? I would rate Christian Michael better than all of our back-up RBs.

Well, that's probably because they viewed Jackson as an upgrade.

But I am pretty sure that the Cowboys had the option of either C. Michael or Bryce Brown, and got Michael.

I'll be curious to watch Seahawks' highlights this year -- it should be fun to watch Carroll outrun Fred to the first down marker so he can point out how far he needs to get.

I kid, I kid...Freddy's the man.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524030/article/carroll-jackson-could-play-a-lot-for-hawks-in-week-1

I have to admit after decades of futility I have little confidence in Bills management to not screw things up.

I am pretty sure that Pete Carroll is a good circa 2015 coach. I hope the Bills didn't blunder this move.

If the goal is getting rid of the player sitting above your guy on the depth chart to justify a bad trade than it's already a success. Bravo, Mr. Whaley.

I'll be curious to watch Seahawks' highlights this year -- it should be fun to watch Carroll outrun Fred to the first down marker so he can point out how far he needs to get.

I kid, I kid...Freddy's the man.

The reality is that at the back-up RB position, you basically want a guy that isn't going to screw up. Fred will come in, not miss any blocks, catch all his balls, not fumble, and pick up a bunch of 4-yard runs.

A guy like Michael (and Bryce) would probably bust off those 50-yard runs, but he would also probably make a million mistakes out there.

yea - im not sure what some of you see even as the worst case scenario from the move. its possible keeping him could be shown as the ideal move, but its not like hes going on to a 10 year all pro career from here. its essentially an extra sack, and maybe 0.2 yards per carry for a season as the "they totally blew it" outcome.

Notice he didn't impress him with his speed, cutting ability or nose for the goal line.

His tremendous work ethic and passion are what got him over the hump and to play for so long, and no one should marvel that it's impressive to anyone getting a first hand look.

You just don't need a 2.7million dollar third down back when you have the stable of backs they have.

The reality is that at the back-up RB position, you basically want a guy that isn't going to screw up. Fred will come in, not miss any blocks, catch all his balls, not fumble, and pick up a bunch of 4-yard runs.

A guy like Michael (and Bryce) would probably bust off those 50-yard runs, but he would also probably make a million mistakes out there.

I don't have the exact numbers but it seems like FJ has put the rock on the ground quite a bit over the last few years.

yea - im not sure what some of you see even as the worst case scenario from the move. its possible keeping him could be shown as the ideal move, but its not like hes going on to a 10 year all pro career from here. its essentially an extra sack, and maybe 0.2 yards per carry for a season as the "they totally blew it" outcome.

After 15 years of no playoffs, I want the team to put its best team on the field THIS season. If Jackson is better than Brown THIS year, I want Jackson. I don't care if Brown is better next year and beyond.

What NFL team gets rid of a 34 year old RB? All of them.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Why do you say that? I would rate Christian Michael better than all of our back-up RBs.

Christine Michael is a Cowboy

Freddy will be powered by Marshawn's Skittles and Carroll's uppers on game day this year, giving him that 4.4 speed he always wanted and a sunny outlook.