I finally remember who Karlos Williams reminds me of...

Coach Tuesday

Eddie George.

It's been bugging me for months - I kept asking myself, who does this guy run like? And then yesterday it finally dawned on me, he reminds me of a young Eddie George.

Karlos Williams measured 6'1'', 233 lbs at the combine and ran a 4.48 in the 40.

Eddie George was listed at 6'3'' and 235 lbs - so slightly taller but the same bulk. I couldn't find his 40 time but that sounds about right.

Both of them are upright runners with an impressive combination of size, speed and power. Both of them were drafted into power running offenses.

Eddie George was one of my favorite players of his time - I'll never forget his playoff battles in the snow against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Dude was one of the greats until his body gave out.

Karlos has shown flashes that he can be that kind of runner - whether he'll ever be at George's elite level is an open question but at least now I can stop scratching that memory itch.

Discuss?

(Edit: I also kinda thought we needed a non-QB/FJax/OBD Dysfunction thread.)

Edited by Coach Tuesday

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it. George was a very fluid, graceful runner, kind of like Marcus Allen. And Karlos strikes me as more of a bruiser.

But I also haven't seem Karlos much outside out of the first preseason game, so may be totally wrong.

Take a look at KW's clips from FSU - he may be more of a glider than you realize. And Eddie was more physical than Marcus Allen, for sure...

Eddie George.

Discuss?

Remember...everything...I mean everything... comes back to EJ Manuel or #roguegate. You could visit the Consumer Reports page here and look for advice on whether to buy a 4 piece Proctor Silex toaster or a 2 piece Black and Decker and someone would advocate in favor of the cheaper Black and Decker because it has better speed and timing similar to Tyrod over EJ.

Eddie George.

It's been bugging me for months - I kept asking myself, who does this guy run like? And then yesterday it finally dawned on me, he reminds me of a young Eddie George.

Karlos Williams measured 6'1'', 233 lbs at the combine and ran a 4.48 in the 40.

Eddie George was listed at 6'3'' and 235 lbs - so slightly taller but the same bulk. I couldn't find his 40 time but that sounds about right.

Both of them are upright runners with an impressive combination of size, speed and power. Both of them were drafted into power running offenses.

Eddie George was one of my favorite players of his time - I'll never forget his playoff battles in the snow against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Dude was one of the greats until his body gave out.

Karlos has shown flashes that he can be that kind of runner - whether he'll ever be at George's elite level is an open question but at least now I can stop scratching that memory itch.

Discuss?

Actually, Karlos being 2 inches shorter and having about the same weight would mean he is bulkier which is good for bowling people over! :flirt:

Eddie George.

Discuss?

I was thinking Antowain Smith clone, but I can see George a bit too. as I recall smith even had the same initial problem of running too upright.

Add- if the o line can block him to the second level, he will be punishing to the secondary.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I was thinking Antowain Smith clone, but I can see George a bit too. as I recall smith even had the same initial problem of running to upright.

All running backs run to the uprights because that's where the touchdowns are located. Sorry 'hood, just having fun.

Let's Go Buff-A-Lo!!!

Heisman trophy winner versus what fifth rounder! No comparison

i don't think he was comparing college careers. It was more looking at build/running style. And as a big Eddie fan I don't think it's a bad comparison at all. I would also say that heismans and draft position don't typically dictate NFL success level for RBs. Edited by YoloinOhio