Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

Did you think his post might have been sarcasm? no?

So was mine my friend..... So...... Was.......mine....

What misinformation has Wawrow spouted? IMO he is the fairest and most reliable of the local reporters. (Well, locally based, that is.)

Yeah- have to concur that he seems to editorialize the least and his accounts tend to be more fact based than click bait.

Cassel probably did look good because he makes the least mistakes and gets it out fast. If one speculates that offensive conservatisism will be the path, I can understand the conclusion. It is favoring the completion rate over the yards per completion. I however am exceedingly happy they are going in the more interesting direction.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But instead...Nothing...He just kind of ignores the fact that when anyone other than Sal has that exact same opinion he completely disagrees...

No offense, but this reads like you believe pro wrestling is real.

On page one of the talk radio playbook distributed by consultants to media companies like Entercom, it says "...hosts should take a controversial position that will generate callers and stick to it through thick and thin...it doesn't have to be remotely right, but the gullible people that can't help themselves will talk about it and call in to argue like moths to a flame."

In other words it's all an act. Schopp has it down to a science and Collier is picking it up fast for a newbie. But for some reason, a lot of people just can't see it...

I love how Cassel is the"safe" choice. Minimal mistakes. Lol. Look at this.

http://i.imgur.com/W3IdDVl.jpg

EJ (pre-Roman) was better and "safer" than Cassel. Now it's not even close!

old news by now

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20538/matt-cassel-gets-booted-in-bills-53-man-roster-projection

still "unofficial"

While Cassel, statwise, played well, most of his passes were short, sideline checkdowns, while TT and EJ were slinging theirs. Why is that? Was Cassel told by Roman not to throw down field but TT and EJ were? Or was Cassel just staying within his range?

If the latter is true, then why do you even want a guy like that, veteran or not? He'd be an offense killer. He'd make our weapons useless. Defenses would crowd the line knowing Cassel can't/won't beat them. We saw how this works with Trent, Fitz and Orton. It's a slow death. No, thank you. Cassel? Cut.

Agree 1000% - it would be a slow death of tiny cuts over a 16 game season. No thanks.

Sadly I think he's even worse at hockey. I'm pretty sure he was talking up Hodgson mid last season.

Coller has driven me crazy this summer talking about our QB situation, but he actually nailed the Hodgson situation early on. Here's an article he wrote about Hodgson's terrible defense.

No offense, but this reads like you believe pro wrestling is real.

On page one of the talk radio playbook distributed by consultants to media companies like Entercom, it says "...hosts should take a controversial position that will generate callers and stick to it through thick and thin...it doesn't have to be remotely right, but the gullible people that can't help themselves will talk about it and call in to argue like moths to a flame."

In other words it's all an act. Schopp has it down to a science and Collier is picking it up fast for a newbie. But for some reason, a lot of people just can't see it...

You mean it's not? ;)

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want them to just keep all three- at least from a football perspective (I understand there is the cap argument). I mean, everyone knew what Cassel was, he was better than Manuel throughout the entirety of camp, Manuel shined in the last preseason game but it's not like Cassel completely sucked. He still only threw two incomplete passes, one of which was a blatant drop. I just don't understand how anyone could hate Cassel now more than before he got to town. It seems to me like the EJ folks lost out on the starting QB sweepstakes, so instead to feel better about themselves, are piling on Cassel and their new victory would be if the Bills cut him. I hope they keep all three.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Every team whose had Cassel hates him. Read what Chiefs fans said about him.

Sorry Ej is an option. You tried.

I am not upset that EJ is an option. If he can play better in regular season that is great. But in two seasons he is a nice Losman. While Losman was a jackass, EJ is great guy. But neither has shown any consistency or pocket awareness. If Roman and Lee have EJ ready to go when real bullets are firing, than great.

I am not upset that EJ is an option. If he can play better in regular season that is great. But in two seasons he is a nice Losman. While Losman was a jackass, EJ is great guy. But neither has shown any consistency or pocket awareness. If Roman and Lee have EJ ready to go when real bullets are firing, than great.

While EJ Manuel no doubt had a very nice two quarters of a preseason game, he hasn't even come close to the level of play that Losman displayed during the 2006 season. Losman took every snap all season and finished 11th in the NFL in passer rating.

While EJ Manuel no doubt had a very nice two quarters of a preseason game, he hasn't even come close to the level of play that Losman displayed during the 2006 season. Losman took every snap all season and finished 11th in the NFL in passer rating.

2015 Preseason...

Manuel = 4 TD passes

Taylor = 0 TD passes

Go ahead, keep prodding the EJ supporters. Taylor had better look pretty awesome against the Colts because the fans who supported EJ are done with this kind of stuff and we'll no doubt "let er rip" if he isn't.

Edited by 1billsfan

Im sure that having really great revievers including of of the all time great Bills in Moulds had something to do with that. All EJ had his first year was Stevie Chandler and a really raw Robert Woods.

Edited by Dayzofglory