Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

So FredEx makes sense for a team that's stacked with a lot of young talent and has been to the SB the last two years, but he's not good enough for the Bills? Yeah that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence when it comes to the Bills decision making process.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. Great spot for him. Hope he does well. Can't wait to cheer him on in the NFC, and thank god he's not on the Pats. Keep a great career rolling FJ! Looking forward to you returning and hopefully signing a one day contract to retire as a Bill.

How can this be true? So many here said without a doubt he was signing with Pats*

Fred is a dignified man who has his standards. I'm sure he and his agent had a plan in place to deal with the possibility of him being released. It's not hard to imagine that "what if" communications were made previously and then a quick phone call gets Fred on the plane to where he wants to go.

So FredEx makes sense for a team that's stacked with a lot of young talent and has been to the SB the last two years, but he's not good enough for the Bills? Yeah that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence when it comes to the Bills decision making process.

I would bet anything that if Seattle also had Karlos, Boobie and Bryce as backups to Marshawn, they would not be signing Fred. Turbin just isn't very good.

So do you even know who Seattle has for backup RBs to Lynch and how they compare to the Bills? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Certainly makes one question the motives of the decision makers.

The motives? 34 yr old - oldest RB in league - hurt much of the time - 4th on depth chart.....expensive......am missing any motives?

I don't know...he only led the team in rushing and receptions last season, is one of the best blocking backs in the NFL, highest character, top leadership skills, and was the team captain. Oh, and none of the other backup RBs on our roster have done jack sh*t in this league.

You think Seattle signed him because he's a washed up old hag? Wake up.

Edited by negativo

I don't know...he only led the team in rushing and receptions last season, is one of the best blocking backs in the NFL, highest character, top leadership skills, and was the team captain. Oh, and none of the other backup RBs on our roster have done jack sh*t in this league.

You think Seattle signed him because he's a washed up old hag? Wake up.

That's overstating.

Brown has had some very good games in the NFL. He racked up 170 yards rushing in back-to-back games in 2 starts as a rookie. He had another 100-yard game backing up Shady in his sophomore campaign. In his only game as the Bills' feature back last year, he had 100 yards from scrimmage on 13 touches.

ever consider changing your avatar pic to Eeyore?

Done

"Ouch." But you're right. It seems almost intentional now, Bills release Lynch, he goes to Seattle & rips it up. Now they take Fred. Yeh, its personal. JMHO

There was also that weird thing where we sent them a late draft pick in order to put Tavaris Jackson as inactive on our roster for a year.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

I did see Chris Michael put the ball on the carpet a little too frequently in a scrimmage a couple weeks ago. PC looked like a vein in his forehead was about to pop.

good thing Bills backup RB doesn't do that :-)

That's overstating.

Brown has had some very good games in the NFL. He racked up 170 yards rushing in back-to-back games in 2 starts as a rookie. He had another 100-yard game backing up Shady in his sophomore campaign. In his only game as the Bills' feature back last year, he had 100 yards from scrimmage on 13 touches.

The KC game is where he finally had decent production, but he had earlier chances to grab a hold of the spot and couldn't beat out Boobie. It's also why they rushed Freddie back from injury.

But I'm much more comfortable with Carlos as backup and would have been more furious if Bills cut Freddie to keep Brown.

The KC game is where he finally had decent production, but he had earlier chances to grab a hold of the spot and couldn't beat out Boobie. It's also why they rushed Freddie back from injury.

But I'm much more comfortable with Carlos as backup and would have been more furious if Bills cut Freddie to keep Brown.

I think you're going to be disappointed. I expect Shady, Karlos, Boobie, and Bryce all to make this roster, along with one FB (Felton). Those are your five RBs.

I think you're going to be disappointed. I expect Shady, Karlos, Boobie, and Bryce all to make this roster, along with one FB (Felton). Those are your five RBs.

As long as Brown doesn't take carries away from those guys, I'd be OK.

Certainly makes one question the motives of the decision makers.

You lie like a rug, Son. It doesn't make you question the motives. You have already made up your mind what the motives are, and are just happy to run into any ideas that bolster your notions.

The fact that other people might look at what Seattle's RB roster depth is before questioning, is just one more symptom of this.

You lie like a rug, Son. It doesn't make you question the motives. You have already made up your mind what the motives are, and are just happy to run into any ideas that bolster your notions.

The fact that other people might look at what Seattle's RB roster depth is before questioning, is just one more symptom of this.

I'm lying? So, an opinion that isn't goose stepping with the regime is considered lying? Wake up, boy. We have an injured 5th rd draft pick and two bums backing up McCoy. Ask yourself this: If BOOBY or BRYCE were waived you think Pete Carroll is flying them out to Seattle on the next flight out to sign? Not a chance in hell.

My thoughts are this, Seattle didn't pick Fred, Fred picked Seattle. He could have gone almost anywhere, from some of the reports I heard yesterday. His phone started ringing off the hook the moment the news broke.

Whatever that's worth, I don't know. I'll let you optimists get back to planning your championship parties.

Edited by mastershake

I'm lying? So, an opinion that isn't goose stepping with the regime is considered lying? Wake up, boy. We have an injured 5th rd draft pick and two bums backing up McCoy. Ask yourself this: If BOOBY or BRYCE were waived you think Pete Carroll is flying them out to Seattle on the next flight out to sign? Not a chance in hell.

No...because neither of them are the "calming influence" they're looking to provide for Lynch.

"As the source explained it to PFT, the primary factor in the mutual interest between the Seahawks and Jackson is the pre-existing relationship between Jackson and starting tailback Marshawn Lynch, based on their time together with the Bills.

Having Jackson in the locker room will provide the private, reclusive Lynch with another confidant, along with the comfort of knowing Jackson has Lynch’s back."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/relationship-with-marshawn-lynch-drives-fred-jackson-to-seattle-visit/

No...because neither of them are the "calming influence" they're looking to provide for Lynch.

"As the source explained it to PFT, the primary factor in the mutual interest between the Seahawks and Jackson is the pre-existing relationship between Jackson and starting tailback Marshawn Lynch, based on their time together with the Bills.

Having Jackson in the locker room will provide the private, reclusive Lynch with another confidant, along with the comfort of knowing Jackson has Lynch’s back."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/relationship-with-marshawn-lynch-drives-fred-jackson-to-seattle-visit/

In other words, they want a high character guy who can still ball to provide leadership on and off the field. Certainly nothing we could use.

@viccarucci: Hearing that besides #Seahawks, #Ravens also showed interest in Fred Jackson. Nothing from #Cowboys, #Browns or #Patriots.

Can't be true, read all the posts and the BN, he's going to the Patriots. They will pick his brain and learn our offensive system.

In other words, they want a high character guy who can still ball to provide leadership on and off the field. Certainly nothing we could use.

Or they want a guy that Lynch is familiar with to give him a confidant, just as it says right there in the article.

You don't have to like this move; that doesn't mean that it doesn't make perfect sense for the organization.

Having Jackson in the locker room will provide the private, reclusive Lynch with another confidant, along with the comfort of knowing Jackson has Lynchs back."

as Cris Carter said on mike and Mike this morning, if Fred can get Marshawn to wear the right shoes and not make inappropriate gestures and 15 yard penalties when he scores TDs, he is worth his weight in gold. Marshawn was actually pissed when they moved on from

Percy Harvin, they were friends. They want him happy and controlled. Fred is perfect, and can still play.

Actually we have a ton of leadership here without Fred, and we don't have a guy in Marshawn who is a total enigma and difficult to deal with. And don't say McCoy who's only similarity to Marshawn in that respect is that he says what's on his mind sometimes that people don't like.