"Concussion" movie trailer

CodeMonkey

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read this piece about Sony it infuriated me. Big companies like the NFL and Sony seem to be untouchable. Case in point, Sony survived a hacking scandal. $ talks

I'd love to hear more about what you mean in the bolded statement. Sony was attacked, their emails were exposed... how is that them being untouchable? How are they liable or at fault in anyway for a foreign nation waging a cyber attack against them?

• 3 months later...

Long time lurker ... The movie is playing. I'd be interested in reactions. It's a very good film and raises so many questions. I saw it. I'm digesting it. Pittsburgh, the source of the Ohio at the confluence of the Monongahela and the Allegheny. Pittsburgh, the source of humanity at the confluence of money and power. Discuss ...

I always find it so ironic that Hollywood is allowed to profit off of the tragedies of war, the injustices of the past, our current social issues, and insert any further topic. Yet, for any of us, we are ridiculed and criticized for even using an unpopular opinion. So congrats Hollywood for profiting on the struggles of former NFL players.

I always find it so ironic that Hollywood is allowed to profit off of the tragedies of war, the injustices of the past, our current social issues, and insert any further topic. Yet, for any of us, we are ridiculed and criticized for even using an unpopular opinion. So congrats Hollywood for profiting on the struggles of former NFL players.

With all due respect, this is an absurd notion.

That's still nothing worth reporting; mostly because it neglects important pieces of information but nice try. Solid C- for effort, bub.

1) What is the age of that group and total number studied compared to number of players?

2) With advancements in safety over the last 20-25 years, has there been a difference than the old leather helmet days?

3) What is the information on a control group?

4) What is the base of the study, compared to the average man or woman?

5) MRags clearly shouldn't stay.

So, I want to know who they studied that did not have CTE and more about who didn't have it? Was it positions? What if 10 or 11 kickers had CTE but only 5 of 12 DL? What about stuff like that? What if, as studies have shown, well over half of the adults in the country over the age of 65 have this "injury?"

In your article it cites that 79% of those who played high school football have CTE. There are over 1,000,000 high school players in the country and have been for a long time. That would mean 336,000 go on to have a good life while the others drool and need sponge baths, not to mention kill themselves and go crazy.

...That's plenty spiffy about who suffers what but sadly the truth is until there is truly conclusive evidence about the rest of the population, until we have a base control group this type of information is inconclusive.

My whole point, is I am sure hitting your noggin repeatedly isn't good; but much like the rest of the medical industry I am skeptical. I mean, we have a drug out there for BED. Binge Eating Disorder. Really? Its your brain telling you to keep eating? It's an addiction to a **** lifestyle and the lack of will to overcome ****... but you want a pill to keep you from eating?

The NFL welcomes the ongoing dialog about concussions and we are proud to be leading the effort to reduce or eliminate the instances of head injuries through greater awareness, rules changes and the concussion protocol process.

The Commissioner has a stand up comedy act. :lol:

The NFL welcomes the ongoing dialog about concussions and we are proud to be leading the effort to reduce or eliminate the instances of head injuries through greater awareness, rules changes and the concussion protocol process.

Well Roger, how do you feel about phantom PI calls in London on 3rd and 15 with the game on the line? Oh, did you apologize already? Then we're good. :)

JR, that's interesting as I'm in the business side of medicine as well for over 16 years. working with surgeons, and interventionalists for so many years, i always wonder their motivations and credibility. Hollywood will boost him up, and as a rule of thumb most doctors will not go on record slamming another doctor.

You can get their honesty when you work closely with them, and will tell you people's abilities or judgment. Then again, they are jsut as competitive as athletes and are always biased against their competition.

Regarding this movie, i haven't seen it yet, but will. I'm sure there are valid points, but somehow feel like I'm going to go to an Oliver Stone type movie, but against the NFL.

If the results are more concerns for brain injury, then it's a good thing. My boys both played football, and loved it, but are now lacrosse players so they didn't stop because of me or my wife. Thankfully after i finished coaching them, they had very good coaches who taught proper techniques to minimize head trauma.