QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Tyrod quite a bit in college and the one thing he does is make plays. He's amazing when he gets out of the pocket and has a rocket arm. His accuracy wasn't great and he didn't read the field well but I'll chalk that up to how Beamer used him. Hopefully a few years behind Flacco and some great offensive coaching he's learned something. I really think he starts.

:beer:

@RapSheet: With QB Tyrod Taylor starting for #Bills in Week 1, expect that either Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel will not be on Buffalos roster by then.

Hmmm...cut the guy with a cannon arm or the one with a strand of cooked spaghetti? Tough choice.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

@RapSheet: With QB Tyrod Taylor starting for #Bills in Week 1, expect that either Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel will not be on Buffalos roster by then.

Ok Rapoport, EJ Manuel may be gone after raining TDs in preseason...LOL

National guys are truly dopes when it comes to the Buffalo Bills.

It had better not be an outright cut, given the QB situation around the league. Something should be coming back in return.

And it had better be Cassel of the two, given that E.J. can run an offensive game plan a lot more like TT than Matt can...

Edited by Lurker

I hear you, I felt that way too. However, the current NFL cap structure doesn't allow for it. It becomes a wooden leg to carry a third QB at 4-5 million.

How so Thurmanator? Fredex cap hit was $2.5M per OTC, assuming roster and workout bonus already paid. Cassel $4.1M same assumptions.

$1.6M extra cap hit by keeping Cassel and cutting FredEx kind of chump change, isn't it?

As happy as this makes me, I won't believe it until Rex comes out and says it. Right now it's Glazer and Rap reporting on Glazer.

Honestly I'm happy with how Tyrod did this preseason. What I heard at first was that he had a rocket arm and could run. The fact that we've watched him sit back in the pocket and go through progressions and hit on the high percentage throws makes me feel a hell of a lot better.

And it's not Cassel. Thank God it ain't Cassel.