Reviewing game film......Red Bryant

How in the heck was Red Bryant available this late in preseason and as a player that just got picked up off the street

Go back and take a look at Red Bryant in this game.....this guy is a MONSTER.......was affecting nearly ever running play he was in.....he was straight up eating blockers and then eating ball carriers

yeah I loved this pick up.

When Rex came in I expected them to pursue a NT and was surprised they passed on a guy like Terrence Knighton.

NT is a devalued position right now so those guys are bargains.

I think a huge influx of athletic DT's in recent drafts has changed the way a lot of teams play their fronts and they aren't using NT's to free up linebackers at as many places any longer.

He hasn't played NT in regular season recently because he has been in penetrating 4-3 fronts but he is a good fit there.

Looked real effective versus Steeler reserves and I expect he could allow Dareus to be moved wider and avoid double teams on early downs in wider set 3-4 type looks.

Edited by #BADOL

What # is he? I remember seeing a lot of Corbin Bryant in that game, seemed like he was playing like a man. I don't recall paying much attention to the other Bryant, though.

How in the heck was Red Bryant available this late in preseason and as a player that just got picked up off the street

Go back and take a look at Red Bryant in this game.....this guy is a MONSTER.......was affecting nearly ever running play he was in.....he was straight up eating blockers and then eating ball carriers

I think Red knows how good he is and think he was looking for a chance to be a rotational guy like he was in Seattle and when we came a calling he jumped on it as it fit his needs to a T.

Edited by The Jokeman

I think Red knows how good he is and think he was looking for a chance to be a rotational guy like he was in Seattle and when we came a calling he jumped on it as it fit his needs to a T.

NT

Can't say I noticed him, glad he's looking good. Similar case to Alan Branch, talented big guy than can dominate at times but lazy enough to not being able to stick with a team for a long period of time.

Is he know to be lazy, or are you just guessing. Truthfully I do not know his rep.