Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

I just watched it. It was bad footwork once again. EJ doesn't step straight into his throw. He steps out, opening up his hips, and messing up his arm motion. Same mistake he's always made. Steelers' color commentator Charlie Batch immediately noted his bad footwork after the throw.

It doesn't take away from his great game, but bad footwork is not an uncommon issue for EJ. He did the same thing on the TD pass to Clay, but his arm strength made up for it.

Some guys can get away with it. It doesn't mean the pass wouldn't have gotten there if it wasn't tipped.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fwiw, the colts D are being ranked really low in FF (some have them below the steelers).

For what it's worth, FF defensive rankings really don't reflect the overall quality of the D--at least not in the leagues I have been in. We only get points for scores and shutouts. I have been lobbying for years to get turnovers included. But even if they are included, just having a good strong D isn't enough to get many points in most leagues, in my experience.

I am amazed at the acumen of many of the posters. They can determine a players ceiling by watching about 10 pre season drives. They can tell you what exactly Cassel's stats will be if he starts against Indy. It is all presented as factual analysis without reservation. But they have watched a lot of football so I guess they must know what they are talking about.

By the way Sammy Watkins is going to have a bad game against the Giants. 3 catches, 26 yards.

26.5 yards to be exact. 3 catches on 5 targets and 1 drop. Also he runs an end around for 4 yards (should have been 5 and a first down, but typical refs decide to screw us). I could go on...

More smoke. It's gonna be EJ guys, get used to it.

It's just so funny to me. If you look at it objectively in terms of who started when, and forget everything you read, what makes sense? The guy who starts the 3rd preseason game is your week 1 starter. That statement is true probably 99% of the time (barring injury to said preseason game 3 starter). EJ will be starting against the Colts.

Thats just too obvious to me... you dont mention the best performing qb we have had this year, and they colts wont be like wait... what about that guy? If EJ is the guy. I wiuld have thought that he would have atleast mentioned all 3 names

I just have one question: anyone in the running back room fit to carry you yet?

What ever happened to the idiot who constantly posted Freddie was too old and slow to play? Never mind, I don't care.

For what it's worth, FF defensive rankings really don't reflect the overall quality of the D--at least not in the leagues I have been in. We only get points for scores and shutouts. I have been lobbying for years to get turnovers included. But even if they are included, just having a good strong D isn't enough to get many points in most leagues, in my experience.

Wow-- that is pretty unusual. I have played FF for about 15 years in a variety of leagues and have never had that sort of restrictive scoring for defenses. I think you will see most defense rankings take into account sacks and TOs (which is why Buffalo is a top-3 FF defense).

That said, I have no idea how the "real" Colts defense is!

I just have one question: anyone in the running back room fit to carry you yet?

Peeing my pants here :w00t: Not sure what you [ruthlessly excised], but Shady, Fred, and Boobie could carry me, Bryce would fumble me, Karlos might rape somebody with me on (or at least watch), so the jury is still out there. I like me some Cierre Wood for PS (I need more Wood).

What ever happened to the idiot who constantly posted Freddie was too old and slow to play? Never mind, I don't care.

Tampa Bob will be back, if only to crow when Fred does retire someday. Like a broken clock, he will eventually be right.

I think he would get equal kudos for getting a high powered offense out of a four year backup with no experience and reputation for running too fast and being too small and not being an accurate or pocket passer.

Our only hope is if Watkins and Harvin and Clay et al make a lot of spectacular plays and teams think without all those weapons maybe Roman is not that good.

I think he's one and done here.

i totally agree with you, so it's not a slam, but it's hilarious that after three preseason games we are talking about the likelihood that our OC is "one and done" here. After the horrors of two whole years of Marrone/Hackett, I think a lot of us are experiencing irrational exuberance.

I find this all humorous. What a great job of making everyone guess Rex has done. I would play all three at times. Why do we have to go with one QB for the season? Just play the hot QB. Sure, TT and EJ look exciting now but when defenses start bringing everything we may find their inexperience still results in mistakes. TT plays an aggressive brand of football and EJ has been injury prone and Cassel is a statue so who knows how long any of these guys can go without injury.

First, cutting Cassel would be stupid to save a little money because we have a team that looks one decent QB away from the playoffs. Wouldn't you pay $4 or $5 million in insurance in case Cassel needs to be that guy? I really don't care who starts - I am interested to see how long whoever is named the starter can be effective. At least we have 3 viable options to turn to.

That said, Taylor has played the best and brings speed to the position. When the OLine breaks down or blitzes bring pressure which happens at times no matter what I think in todays NFL it is optimal to have a QB that can make something out of those situations to keep the drive alive. I think EJ has some of that too but TT brings more of it so I'd start there and give him the first chance.

I find this all humorous. What a great job of making everyone guess Rex has done. I would play all three at times. Why do we have to go with one QB for the season? Just play the hot QB. Sure, TT and EJ look exciting now but when defenses start bringing everything we may find their inexperience still results in mistakes. TT plays an aggressive brand of football and EJ has been injury prone and Cassel is a statue so who knows how long any of these guys can go without injury.

I think all three will play due to injury or malaise, but I think playing musical QBs is a very tough thing to do -- and succeed with -- in the NFL.

You have to have a rhythm with players, know where they will be on timing routes, understand protections and coverages, read defenses, and deal with things that are just very hard to do when you're not "the guy." This isn't baseball where you lose a few games and it's a drop in the bucket while you're getting acclimated. Every game is meaningful. I understand where the thought process comes from, in terms of using all the assets and playing to strengths, but time just doesn't really afford you that in the NFL.

Nobody's torn.. it's a playmaker's league. with 3 (actually 4) guys who've all shown they can distribute the ball from the pocket - unless there's some major flaw in their games - you start the most dynamic playmaker, and back him up with the second.

I'd be shocked if our 1 & 2 isn't Taylor & Manuel.