Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

That 4th down throw was tipped ever so slightly.

I watched that on slow motion about eight times, stepping through one frame at a time. I couldn't come to that conclusion conclusively, but the second angle sure made it look like that was the case. I think the lineman did just got his fingertips on it and it didn't change it enough to make it wobble, but it did look like it deadened it enough to slow it down and make it behind the receiver.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right? Not sure what EJ was thinking. No situational awareness. Cut him.

so we agree.

He's just a show off.

Keep him as second up. That will teach him

Gross

Naw, he is improving finally. Used to scare me when he lined up.

Cassel's out pass to Davis causes Davis to come back to the ball diving hard for a great catch and short of the first down. Cassel's pass to Easley was way outside the radius and Easley makes another great catch. No comments about Cassel's accuracy or lack thereof. If EJ threw those balls you'd never hear the end of it.

So true. Not only that, but you'd also never hear the end about he won't throw down field, that he won't throw a guy open, or that he can't read anything but the short end of the field. If EJ threw as many checkdowns and short safe throws as Cassel, you know that would be the narrative. But the fact that EJ has improved his pocket awareness, has improved his accuracy and improved his confidence and thus willingness to throw downfield, we have to make fun of one tipped ball. It's about all the haters have left at this point.

Ball possession wins games Thats going to be Romans game. And another reason why Cassell might just work out.

Sure you can hit Clay in stride for the TD, but you just gave the ball back to opposing offense. Bills dont need shootouts. grind it and dont turn it over

something to keep in mind.

That was Marrone ball, and somehow it didn't work that well when you are a yard shy of the marker because their D knows your QB won't throw longer.

So true. Not only that, but you'd also never hear the end about he won't throw down field, that he won't throw a guy open, or that he can't read anything but the short end of the field. If EJ threw as many checkdowns and short safe throws as Cassel, you know that would be the narrative. But the fact that EJ has improved his pocket awareness, has improved his accuracy and improved his confidence and thus willingness to throw downfield, we have to make fun of one tipped ball. It's about all the haters have left at this point.

should we consider what the coaches asked of each of the three? or maybe what the defense showed ?

just chuckin' that out there : )

That was Marrone ball, and somehow it didn't work that well when you are a yard shy of the marker because their D knows your QB won't throw longer.

Nope it's Roman ball.

Marrone played to lose

Edited by 3rdand12

I watched that on slow motion about eight times, stepping through one frame at a time. I couldn't come to that conclusion conclusively, but the second angle sure made it look like that was the case. I think the lineman did just got his fingertips on it and it didn't change it enough to make it wobble, but it did look like it deadened it enough to slow it down and make it behind the receiver.

Yup.

I think there was a second slinger on the grassy knoll. :)

I'll take TT or EJ. If they were not playing light out we would all be worried about Cassel's dink and dunk offence down the fiel with no TD's and just field goals.

Same thing we would say about Fitz every preseason. I really hope it's not him. Consistent 8-12 play drives are not what make it come the regular season. Too many things go wrong when you struggle just to keep getting 1st downs. Especially after things tighten up in the red zone.

Yup.

I think we should defer to BB on this. but the ball did seem to get some kind of deflection.

Darned receivers better catch these things regardless! Behind ahead above and below, outside of the radii whatever it takes to make the team

I'll take TT or EJ. If they were not playing light out we would all be worried about Cassel's dink and dunk offence down the fiel with no TD's and just field goals.

Same thing we would say about Fitz every preseason. I really hope it's not him. Consistent 8-12 play drives are not what make it come the regular season. Too many things go wrong when you struggle just to keep getting 1st downs. Especially after things tighten up in the red zone.

Keep in mind, the offense is built upon guys who make plays once they have the ball.

NONE of them were on the field saturday excepting Clay. and my man Fred.

That was not the offense they will be running against the Colts i bet

JFC, if you need the Hubble telescope to determine if MAYBE a microfiber of a fingernail tip COULD have POSSIBLY touched the football, than it really doesn't count as a "tipped pass". Tone it down a notch, EJ fanboys. He had a great game with one shltty 4th down pass. Deal with it.

JFC, if you need the Hubble telescope to determine if MAYBE a microfiber of a fingernail tip COULD have POSSIBLY touched the football, than it really doesn't count as a "tipped pass". Tone it down a notch, EJ fanboys. He had a great game with one shltty 4th down pass. Deal with it.

Ever hear of the Butterfly Effect?

Awwwwww! Glad we could provide you with a little fodder for your EJ negativity. I rather doubt the hubble telescope would be required, maybe just a close-up. But regardless, it doesn't mean it didn't get tipped either. But of course, when in doubt, err on the side of NOT EJ.

thats really not the point.

Did you see the pass? it was replayed. I dont care who the QB was. Looked like a tip to me.

Why do you need to poke at people?

they all played well.

Nah. You could hear it was tipped on the broadcast clear as day. Sorry that it doesn't fit your sh***y opinion.

You don't need a telescope to see it was tipped. The ball wobbles after the dline. The defender made a play on the ball, plain and simple.

Nah. You could hear it was tipped on the broadcast clear as day. Sorry that it doesn't fit your sh***y opinion.

Heard? You HEARD the "tip" clear as day?? :doh: