Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

So, if I'm understanding this thread correctly.... EJ isn't good, because this is just pre-season. Tyrod, is good, though, because he's done some good things this pre-season. Cassel sucks, but Roman wants him to start.

yep, utter insanity.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And if Cassel starts and we go 3-0, the fan base will still complain. Who cares what the fans think?

We're not going 3-0 with Cassel leading this team. His play is so uninspiring and boring it will put the crowd to sleep, yawn. I'm feeling sleepy just talking about him. He's as Meh as Meh can get. The mellow icon is perfect for this occasion . :mellow:

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

We're not going 3-0 with Cassel leading this team. His play is so uninspiring and boring it will put the crowd to sleep, yawn. I'm feeling sleepy just talking about him. He's as Meh as Meh can get. The mellow icon is perfect for this occasion . :mellow:

Another crystal ball guy.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 26m26 minutes ago

OK, time for a Twitter poll. Who do you want as the #Bills starting QB?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m5 minutes ago

Your votes are in: Tyrod Taylor 70, EJ Manuel 13, Matt Cassel 0. (With five saying anybody but Cassel, two for Aaron Rodgers, one Jim Kelly)

Sounds about right. Obviously, the fans overwhelmingly want Taylor. We have eyes, we can see, and we like what we see in TT.

Depends on how we go 3-0. This is about Terry and Kim Pegula's input. They care what the fans think. Of course the coaches ultimately must make the call by deciding who is best. But to think the Pegulas have no interaction with Rex is naive.

"A coach who listens to the fans will soon be sitting with them." -Marv Levy

It's hard to understate how little respect he got for the job he did with Kaepernick.

And what I have heard is 100% about the QB's, as in "people around the NFL think the Bills really have something in Tyrod Taylor"........and not much of anything about Roman's offense.

I do think he will get a HC job if any of them excel but you couldn't blame him if he didn't trust in the NFL system of identifying coaching talent after taking a raw lump of clay like Kaep to a SB in year one and nearly back in year 2.

If he didn't get credit for Alex Smith he probably won't get credit for Cassel. Nobody did anything with Smith. Cassel has played decent a couple years.

If the owners are interfering with personnel decisions based on PR, we're already doomed.

I give up. You are not reading and interacting with what I said but instead spinning everything.

Rex will make the final call. He will do this with input from Whaley, Roman, and the Pegulas. The input is not direction or orders, but will be factors in the decision made.

Another crystal ball guy.

I'm not using a crystal ball, but rather my eyes. He's completed 13/15 passes at a 86.7% clip. There's no way with a completion percentage that high his yards per attempt should be at 5.5, that's horrible. Especially when you've completed almost all your passes. He's not led one Td drive during the time he was in this preseason. We could have hung on to Tuel to complete short safe passes.IMO

Alex Smith was a #1 overall draft pick........and Harbaugh got all the credit for Smith.

I know but he was known as a total bust before Harbaugh and Roman got there. Not to mention that however much a jerk Harbaugh is we don't know how much was Harbaugh and how much was Roman on either Smith or Kaep's ascension or even Kaep's seeming decline.

As I said a few weeks ago, a skydiving coach doesn't name a guy like Cassel his starting QB. Cassel was signed here to be the disaster option in case TT or EJ failed in the competition, 4 weeks laters that isn't the case, not even close.

Cassel is toast.

I'm not using a crystal ball, but rather my eyes. He's completed 13/15 passes at a 86.7% clip. There's no way with a completion percentage that high his yards per attempt should be at 5.5, that's horrible. Especially when you've completed almost all your passes. He's not led one Td drive during the time he was in this preseason. We could have hung on to Tuel to complete short safe passes.IMO

You literally just said we won't go 3-0. You know the future.

I give up. You are not reading and interacting with what I said but instead spinning everything.

Rex will make the final call. He will do this with input from Whaley, Roman, and the Pegulas. The input is not direction or orders, but will be factors in the decision made.

The Pegulas should have no input on personnel decisions. They are not well-versed in football, should recognize that, and realize their opinion is irrelevant.

Edited by FireChan

He is a master at it.

You literally just said we won't go 3-0. You know the future.