Report: DM and Doug Whaley clashed following 2014 season

pbanach

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was all for the Marrone hire, because it was not the Bills MO. This is going to sound ridiculous, but after his first press conference I started to wonder. There was just something about him. I had greater concerns when he didn't hire a QB coach. Whether or not he wanted EJ or any other rookie QB, that was the hand he was dealt. He had a rookie OC and yet still no QB coach. Then the decision to go with the hurry up. It all struck me as arrogance. I'm glad Whaley clashed with him, I'm glad Pegula didn't cave and I'm glad Marrone walked, good riddance. He will never have another NFL head coaching job.

True tied record,but the Pats handed them the last game(still would have been the best without the win). I think the Oakland game is a tribute to his coaching acumen.

No, the Texans game was. Good riddance despite the record and however it took to achieve his exit.

I've heard various reports about what happened. Considering the reporter actually spoke with Marrone and used what he heard in the article, and Marrone didn't refute that, that's what must've happened. And that makes me feel better about Pegula, refusing to extend him and his staff.

And it leads me to believe what I have always suspected from day 1: Marrone was a Brandon crony. Brandon brought in his Syracuse buddies and HE is to blame, not Whaley or Nix.

Marrone opting out was the best thing he ever did in and for Buffalo.

Thank you for such a great gift

Man, can you imagine the mood around here if we still had DM and Hackett right now?

CBF

This thread really ought to be locked and go away. If you read the linked article carefully, Doug Marrone refuses to talk about Buffalo in his interview and the reporter is just rehashing old news, not adding any new information or stronger credibility. Nothing to see here, Move Along.

Edit: as for the mood around here if Marrone hadn't moved on? It would not be as....Hopeful

Edited by Hopeful

This thread really ought to be locked and go away. If you read the linked article carefully, Doug Marrone refuses to talk about Buffalo in his interview and the reporter is just rehashing old news, not adding any new information or stronger credibility. Nothing to see here, Move Along.

Edit: as for the mood around here if Marrone hadn't moved on? It would not be as....Hopeful

I see what you did there

CBF

Not really any new info in here if you read the articles following his departure. This reporter even says as much. ("What was reported"). Best quote of the article IMO:

"Marrone may not be missed or liked in Buffalo,..."

Yeah, pretty much.

Not really any new info in here if you read the articles following his departure. This reporter even says as much. ("What was reported"). Best quote of the article IMO:

"Marrone may not be missed or liked in Buffalo,..."

Yeah, pretty much.

The reporter no doubt asked Marrone what happened and it likely went the way it was reported. Hence no reason to have Marrone corroborate it in words since he did by not refuting it.

Maybe Marrone liked Fred?

Oh boy ... that would mean we have to like him .... a little then? Funny, I was thinking the same thing when reading some of the comments in the "rb fred jackson released" thread. Perhaps his arguments with Whaley were actually about Fred and not the QB situation.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso