Steelers at Bills 1st half thread - Preseason Game 3

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is Rex must know he cannot sell Cassel to this fanbase? He can sell Tyrod the easiest EJ would split the fans but Cassel would cause uproar. How can you justify picking the guy who when the live bullets have flown has shown the least?

If Rex started Cassel and we lost the first two games fans would have every right to question him. Cassel cannot produce big plays. This is the NFL. It's hard to put together 80 yard drives 6 yards at a time through the air.

Quick. Call a time out and put Cassel back in. We need his veteran leadership now. It's spots like these when he can really make a difference. You know he once there a Hail Mary from the 35? True dat. He was with KC at the time but I think it was less than a decade ago.

Matt Cassel, the run the clock out QB

Cassel is efficient but just doesn't get chunk plays.

EJ and TT seem to be about the same passing the ball so I would go with TT has he is a better runner.

Except for the 3td pass vs 0td graphic that they just showed

If Rex started Cassel and we lost the first two games fans would have every right to question him. Cassel cannot produce big plays. This is the NFL. It's hard to put together 80 yard drives 6 yards at a time through the air.

Yep and at the same time it wears down our o-line where we are thin on depth. I was ok with Cassel before tonight. But I am joining the ABCs... where do I pick up the entry pack and badge?

I wouldn't get rid of Manuel. He may just be a VERY SLOW learner. The kid has all the physical tools. If he ever picks up the mental part of the game he would probably make a pretty good quarterback. Keep him on the team and make him watch film 8 hours a day during the off season. Have a quarterback coach watch the film with EJ and explain what he is supposed to do in those situations. Who knows a light might go off in EJ's head and he may someday catch on to what the defense is doing to him. Maybe he's just slow and it will take him 4 or 5 years to get it. After 5 years if shows no improvement cut his a$$

I trust Tyrod under pressure more. If we were playing a team with no pass rush EJ would be the better choice. I really think he is starting to get where we wanted him to be. He just needs a little bit more swagger and I'm glad the Bills coaches let him not lose confidence in himself.

It's a shame that Cassel isn't getting more reps to help him develop. I really, really, really think he's got the potential to be the Number 1 for The Bills. He just needs some more time to continue his development. Hey I'm a REALIST. When it comes to White Castle. Just ask me.

I wouldn't get rid of Manuel. He may just be a VERY SLOW learner. The kid has all the physical tools. If he ever picks up the mental part of the game he would probably make a pretty good quarterback. Keep him on the team and make him watch film 8 hours a day during the off season. Have a quarterback coach watch the film with EJ and explain what he is supposed to do in those situations. Who knows a light might go off in EJ's head and he may someday catch on to what the defense is doing to him. Maybe he's just slow and it will take him 4 or 5 years to get it. After 5 years if shows no improvement cut his a$$

I think he might be starting to "get it" right about now. He promised us that if he got another chance the dump offs would be gone and he would let it rip. He has been true to his word in pre-season.

I trust Tyrod under pressure more. If we were playing a team with no pass rush EJ would be the better choice. I really think he is starting to get where we wanted him to be. He just needs a little bit more swagger and I'm glad the Bills coaches let him not lose confidence in himself.

I'm definitely an EJ fanboy. But I'm OK with Tyrod if that's the choice. Either way, we'll be good on offense.

Watched the replay of EJ's TD to Clay. That was a strike, a $%^ing DIME.

What I love the most about EJ is that he is taking his future into his own hands. Marrone/Hackett obviously coached him to check down when the original read wasn't open. After the benching EJ said the next time he got a chance he was going to let it rip. Has he ever. Suddenly, the thing that everybody said was his weakness - deep ball accuracy - has become his strength.