EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

Perhaps there is no fun in that...there is, however, a modicum of dignity attached.

Perhaps, but do you really think anyone here is really concerned about dignity? Don't take me to serious. Just having fun here. Surely you can see some humor in this thread?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there are some. That's why I said 85% of the people, like me, who still think he is unlikely to start, are not rooting against him to start. There appear to be a handful who are. But the "Meh" guys annoy me most of all.

Cassel is our worst case scenario because it means that neither of the young QBs could develop enough to beat him out. Nothing against Cassel, we just want better. He isnt a bad emergency option, but we're better off if someone else earns the spot over him. All there is to it.

I'm not one to post about this subject very often, but I can't help but think this reminds me of hockey.

It's old 1st line , second line etc. and who is starting the game. Just because the players a coach considers his best don't start the game doesnt mean they aren't his best players.

It may not be a perfect analogy. But, someone stated earlier, Rex is doing this to stick to his word about it being a competition. It is in everyones best interest who is invested in the Bills to answer all the questions as throughly as possible. Don't get to hung up on the order of appearance, or worrying about how it makes the media look. The media doesn't care! This will all play out and the best QB will win. I am confident in saying this.

The TD is worth 6 whether it is passed in or ran in. He's delivered 2 catchable balls to Thompson in the endzone and they haven't been caught. He's also only had 6 possessions, so the sample size is pretty small to just assume he can't do it.

Would it then be fair to say if EJ falls on his face that he hasn't had enough/as many reps with the ones and that's why? Or will it just be EJ sucks?

How is this any different than when you went on a 2-day bender of pointed sarcasm when the opposite implication was put out there?

Look man: I respect you. You're a good poster...you simply have not been level-headed about this particular player.

I went on that not based on any implication but after people were over gushing about his performance in the first preseason game. In fact, I think people have over gushed about his performance in both preseason games. He's looked OK. Taylor has looked better in my opinion. I think most would agree with me.

I went on that not based on any implication but after people were over gushing about his performance in the first preseason game. In fact, I think people have over gushed about his performance in both preseason games. He's looked OK. Taylor has looked better in my opinion. I think most would agree with me.

I completely agree with both of those sentiments.

Would it then be fair to say if EJ falls on his face that he hasn't had enough/as many reps with the ones and that's why? Or will it just be EJ sucks?

huh? I'm talking about in game possessions. Tyrod has had exactly 6 opportunities to throw a TD, which has nothing to do with who he practiced with.

I think it's pretty clear EJ has been improving and the coaches are rewarding him.

Maybe he wasn't that good the last two years and the beginning of camp. But now he seems to be getting better.

It's obvious to me that people made their decisions about him, emotionally invested themselves, and now are hoping he fails to prove a point. I think they need to look in the mirror and ask themselves what's more important.

How is this any different than when you went on a 2-day bender of pointed sarcasm when the opposite implication was put out there?

Look man: I respect you. You're a good poster...you simply have not been level-headed about this particular player.

Oh you mean this little bender...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/179873-ok-i-give-up-ej-will-be-3rd-string-or-cut/page-14

That guy certainly seems rational.

Agreed TT has looked better

Edited by The Thurmanator

I completely agree with both of those sentiments.

Thank you. Told you, I think most people are on the same page right now. There are a few fringe butt hurt anti-EJ guys (I could give you one) and a handful of fringe "Ha ha I told you so, we win!" guys (we both know who's number one on that list- surprisingly not my friend BFFE who's being surprisingly level-headed about this news).

Edited by metzelaars_lives

See there ya have it. You really believe that EJ appears to be pulling ahead? That's insane if you really think that.

Your Dark Side is showing my friend. I thought you didn't have negative feelings for EJ.

REMEMBER ... half of what is being posted is retaliation to the people who said EJ has no chance and is the SURE #3 QB.

It's a competition and YES this proves EJ is in it. Who will win? We will have to wait and see.