Reporter shot and Killed on Live TV in VA

Mental health - THE issue of our time.

Someday, we'll start paying attention to it in the workplace.

The focus will be on guns as usual. They should also look into what kind of drugs were prescribed for this guy. Thats always my suspicion

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it proven to work?

Assuming the crew had guns too, then it could have been a massacre, possibly injuring/killing many more people.

So everyone walking around with a gun will create less violence?? Really?

People tend to be much more polite with one another when there's a likelihood the other person is armed. You don't have to believe it but there's a reason people tend to shoot up places where it's almost guaranteed there will be no weapons present. It's the grade school bully syndrome.

In Alaska, you don't even have to have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. You just have to be a resident and not have any felonies on your record. Yet there's very little violence outside of the normal places you'd expect. Take it for what it's worth.

****. He could have clocked that cameraman in the head with a tire iron before anyone knew he was a threat, then he's got two startled chicks in arms reach. He could take one out before she even processed what had happened, and if the third took off I'm sure he could have run her down.

Not to say a gun wouldn't be easier, but it's not remotely clear that this could have been avoided by keeping a gun out of this guy's hands.

Maybe. But he certainly doesnt get to stand in the shadows, taking lives with a twitch of a finger. I'd rather be up against the tire iron than a gun, or even be in a shoot out myself. Machines made solely for killing will be used to kill. Its not that difficult. And since the extreme options of getting rid of all guns and/or arming everyone arent realistic, we need to figure something out.

Thanks to you, LA, and GG for the discussion.

People tend to be much more polite with one another when there's a likelihood the other person is armed. You don't have to believe it but there's a reason people tend to shoot up places where there it's almost guaranteed there will be no weapons present. It's the grade school bully syndrome.

In Alaska, you don't even have to have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. You just have to be a resident and not have any felonies on your record. Yet there's very little violence outside of the normal places you'd expect. Take it for what it's worth.

I call bs on that one. There is not even a million people in Alaska. Fill that state with 10 million people and I guarantee the crime/murder rate increases.

Maybe. But he certainly doesnt get to stand in the shadows, taking lives with a twitch of a finger. I'd rather be up against the tire iron than a gun, or even be in a shoot out myself. Machines made solely for killing will be used to kill. Its not that difficult. And since the extreme options of getting rid of all guns and/or arming everyone arent realistic, we need to figure something out.

Thanks to you, LA, and GG for the discussion.

You're not going to thank Alaska D?

Lol.

These are stats that I found for gun-related murders https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

Honestly I hate statistical arguments in this country because there are so few standards when it comes to reporting and analysis. That's why most of that stuff is totally worthless. Generally I prefer the "violent crime" statistics because there are so many variables that it's harder (not impossible) to mess with.

Case in point: They like to say "children killed by guns" because it "sells". But the vast majority of the "children" are gang bangers involved in drug culture and ridiculous levels of violence. So do we use that to go after honest citizens guns to save "just one child" or do we use it to figure out how the hell to get control of the gang, parenting, education, and inner city jobless environment? I know what the answer should be but it's not what's happening.

That's (in a nutshell) why it's so frustrating.

You have nothing to contribute except calling people names because youre paranoid they are threatening your toys. Keep it up. Youre really shining.

Youre so scared and pathetic that you ignore an entire post and focus on the one thing you think you can criticize.

Another typical, overly paranoid gun lover who thinks hes a badass. Ran away to Alaska too. Classic.

So what are you suggesting? Are you suggesting I give up my guns?

It's the subject of the thread and to let people see what real, unglamorized gun violence looks like. Whats your goal in objecting to it?

If you have to ask this question, the point is obviously lost on you.

How is it proven to work?

Assuming the crew had guns too, then it could have been a massacre, possibly injuring/killing many more people.

So everyone walking around with a gun will create less violence?? Really?

A massacre? How exactly could that have come to pass had the victims been armed? They would have started shooting dozens of random people instead of the guy who was shooting at them?

A massacre is what happens when one guy is armed and everyone else is defenseless. See: virtually every mass shooting in US history.