B/R Report: Rex wants to start Tyrod, other coaches split

johnwalter

Tyrod has been the favorite since May. After the last two games, I am firmly in the Tyrod fan-wagon.

Imo

:thumbsup: He offers upside and that is the most important thing to me. You need big plays to win big in the NFL. Very difficult to move the ball 15 plays and score a TD without making a mistake. Tyrod will produce big plays.

Great. So we already have dissention within the coaching staff? Rex wants TT and Roman wants Cassel? This team...

Not buying it whatsoever.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. So we already have dissention within the coaching staff? Rex wants TT and Roman wants Cassel? This team...

I am not convinced of that.

:thumbsup: He offers upside and that is the most important thing to me. You need big plays to win big in the NFL. Very difficult to move the ball 15 plays and score a TD without making a mistake. Tyrod will produce big plays.

Not buying it whatsoever.

Agree.

How do you know that?

Consider it a fact.

funny you said EJ would be cut back in May....... Troll

he's trolling

Am I trolling? If anyone wants to know my source on that one, PM me. You really gotta get over yourself man. And you also have a very short memory. I've brought a story or two to this website in the past.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Why does Rex even get a say? I thought the agreement between him and Roman was that Roman has the offense and Rex has the defense? Rex doesn't even know how to spell QB let alone know what one looks like. I think Tyrod deserves 1 more shot to prove himself but let Roman make that call imo

Why does Rex even get a say? I thought the agreement between him and Roman was that Roman has the offense and Rex has the defense? Rex doesn't even know how to spell QB let alone know what one looks like. I think Tyrod deserves 1 more shot to prove himself but let Roman make that call imo

Rex defers to Roman to design the offense but he is the head coach. The buck stops with him. Rex will get input from Roman but the final call is his.

i don't know who roman wanted but pretty sure it was reported that Kaep was harbaughs guy.

If it's true that Roman wants Cassel, then I'm sure he wanted Smith. I want Roman to run the offense, but in this instance I would go with Rex on the quarterback decision.

If Rex knows anything it's quarterbacks

Now that's funny.

I want to know who Greg Roman wants

Me too. I suspect it would be Manuel. Cassel can not be a difference maker. Taylor could be, but he has never started a real game in the NFL and there will be a big learning curve. Manuel, despite the fact that this is not popular, is the best combination for Roman's offense.

If there is even a discussion as to who should start, than we're screwed this season. Tyrod is clearly better than EJ and Cassel. He's the guy that's sat behind the all pro, Super Bowl winning QB. He's the guy that's been groomed (and thankfully, not by Buffalo). It's his time and he has showed in both games. EJ is sketchy against 3rd stringers and Cassel won't be any better than he has been in KC and Minnesota.

Edited by Luka

Now that's funny.

Me too. I suspect it would be Manuel. Cassel can not be a difference maker. Taylor could be, but he has never started a real game in the NFL and there will be a big learning curve. Manuel, despite the fact that this is not popular, is the best combination for Roman's offense.

Again, I can tell you as a fact that Roman wants Cassel to be his starter. If last night changed his mind somehow, that could be. But prior to last night, Roman was firmly in Cassel's corner and Roman will have a huge say in who the starter is. Translation: Cassel will probably be the starter.

Selecting a QB will be one of the easiest positions for the coaches to make. It is safe to say the call has already been made just not announced. Casel and Taylor are average QBs. EJ is getting better and will become an average QB with a little more experience.

The coaches just have to decide which type of mediocrity will get the most wins.

Taylor will be a lot of fun to watch. Cassel will play a steady boring game.. EJ will struggle then shine, struggle then shine.

WRs will be the most difficult cuts. A lot of talent in #4 through 9. Easley, Hogan, Goodwin, Thigpen, Davis and Deonte whatever his last name is.