Update on Chris Hogan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he will continue to be better than you think and get even better. He is one of the most underrated players I've known watching the Bills for 13 years. We have had lots of overrated players in that time, few underrated ones.

Bills were 1-6 when Hogan & Chandler combined for 7+ catches. Only win was the Vikings and they are bad. Teams were fine with those guys catching the ball because they couldn't hurt them.

Bills were 1-6 when Hogan & Chandler combined for 7+ catches. Only win was the Vikings and they are bad. Teams were fine with those guys catching the ball because they couldn't hurt them.

You presumably think we'd have been better with Goodwin catching those balls? Hard to know though isn't it because if you happened to be at the fridge grabbing another beer it was possible to miss Goodwin's contribution to the season.

You presumably think we'd have been better with Goodwin catching those balls? Hard to know though isn't it because if you happened to be at the fridge grabbing another beer it was possible to miss Goodwin's contribution to the season.

Goodwin suffered from Marrone's Disease. Marrone wouldn't play him even when he was healthy. If you want to say Marrone knew what he was talking about on offense last year feel free. I doubt it helps your case.

Goodwin suffered from Marrone's Disease. Marrone wouldn't play him even when he was healthy. If you want to say Marrone knew what he was talking about on offense last year feel free. I doubt it helps your case.

He held him out some games I agree. But Goodwin didn't perform last year even when he was on the field to argue different is to distort the truth. Whatever higher ceiling or greater potential you guys might think he has Hogan has the production to back it up.

I personally do. If you asked a D Coordinator would you rather have to cover Hogan or Goodwin what do you think they preferred? Again, Hogan is an NFL receiver but he can be replaced fairly easily. That's why he has kicked around the league.

He held him out some games I agree. But Goodwin didn't perform last year even when he was on the field to argue different is to distort the truth. Whatever higher ceiling or greater potential you guys might think he has Hogan has the production to back it up.

That I have to agree and concede. Hogan has had better production. It looks to me, as of now, that Rex plans on keeping six, and that they will both make the team. Very hard cuts coming up.

Odd stat... Yes, teams throw more when there losing- shocking.

Anyways, Vikings are not that bad and hogan's catch in that game was rediculus. Catch of the year for the bills, thanks for bringing that game up

Anyways, Vikings are not that bad and hogan's catch in that game was rediculus. Catch of the year for the bills, thanks for bringing that game up

That was a huge play and all but won the game for us. I was hoping he would take a big step after that.

Hardly a ridiculous catch though. He jumped as high as he could and then caught it in his stomach. ;)

There are some very hard cuts coming up this is true and listen if we cut Hogan I will be bummed about it for a couple of days because I think we will regret it he is a better player than given credit for and I will fear we have kept too many similar guys but at the end of the day we have good depth there and I wouldn't be disappointed to see Thompson or Goodwin or Davis make the team, just that I'd be a bit disappointed that Hogan hadn't.

There are some very hard cuts coming up this is true and listen if we cut Hogan I will be bummed about it for a couple of days because I think we will regret it he is a better player than given credit for and I will fear we have kept too many similar guys but at the end of the day we have good depth there and I wouldn't be disappointed to see Thompson or Goodwin or Davis make the team, just that I'd be a bit disappointed that Hogan hadn't.

Fwiw I think they should keep Hogan over Thompson or Davis who have both looked good. I also think they should keep him if they can get away with three TE and keep six. The wildcard for me is Thigpen. He's an excellent KR/PR and our top PR and KR without him are both hurt.

Fwiw I think they should keep Hogan over Thompson or Davis who have both looked good. I also think they should keep him if they can get away with three TE and keep six. The wildcard for me is Thigpen. He's an excellent KR/PR and our top PR and KR without him are both hurt.

Harvin better be returning kicks this year if he ever gets healthy or else I think he is a waste of whatever ridiculous price we are paying him. The one year rental of Percy Harvin is going to cost us a talented receiver who might have had a long term future on this team. I am not really a fan of the Harvin move at all. He has a lot to do to win me over.

Bills were 1-6when Hogan & Chandler combined for 7+ catches. Only win was the Vikings and they are bad. Teams were fine with those guys catching the ball because they couldn't hurt them.

1-5. Point still stands.

Edit: In fairness, it's more of an indictment of the QB's. They averaged 45 attempts in losses. 38 was the lowest attempt total in a loss.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Harvin better be returning kicks this year if he ever gets healthy or else I think he is a waste of whatever ridiculous price we are paying him. The one year rental of Percy Harvin is going to cost us a talented receiver who might have had a long term future on this team. I am not really a fan of the Harvin move at all. He has a lot to do to win me over.

Hard to tell by the post?

I am not a fan of Harvin's hip injury right now.

That was meant to read "the Bills were bad in the Vikings game." It autocorrected on me.

1-5. Point still stands.

Edit: In fairness, it's more of an indictment of the QB's. They averaged 45 attempts in losses. 38 was the lowest attempt total in a loss.

Oops, my bad. Teams can't take away everyone. It isn't coincidental to me that the more that those two saw the ball the worse off the team was. I haven't looked but I would bet that the Bills were pretty good when Watkins and Woods caught 10+. Edited by Kirby Jackson