EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

Even in concession you are making no sense. Matt Hasselbeck is a 3 time Pro-Bowler with a 203-148 record. He has completed over 60% in his career and has thrown for 35,000 yards. Those are numbers of a 10 year productive starter. That isn't what the Bills are looking for??? They are looking for a QB that can win - PERIOD.

No offense, but you really weren't debating. Your point made less sense than anything ever posted on here. The Bills want a QB to win games and lead scoring drives. That is what they are looking for. They do not care how they score as long as they win.

I do not care who wins the starting job as long as it is the right guy. I do take issue with absurdity in any topic. We cannot have an intelligent debate on the topic when people are saying things like "Yes, it's of course true that the other two led scoring drives. While that's nice, that isn't what we are really looking for in our starting QB with all of these weapons, is it?"

I'm still confused why were pointing out who's thrown the most TDs in preseason games, as if that's a precursor to the regular season. Chase Daniels has thrown 3 TDs, in 1 game. Russell Wilson hasn't thrown one yet and either has Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Flacco or Tony Romo. They must all not be as good as EJ.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cutler is one of the best QB's in the league.? He throws a lot of TD's. Plus INT's, fumbles, and is a butt. But hey he's usually in top 10 throwing TD's. How many playoff games has he won?

No, Jay Cutler isn't one of the best QB's in the league. I never said that.

Also, maybe you should change up your go-to QB that throws touchdowns but isn't very good. Last season was the first since 2010 where Cutler threw for more than 20 TD's, and he's never had a 30+ TD season. To put it in perspective, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw more TD's than Cutler in 2010 - 2012 with the Bills than Cutler did during that span.

No, Jay Cutler isn't one of the best QB's in the league. I never said that.

Also, maybe you should change up your go-to QB that throws touchdowns but isn't very good. Last season was the first since 2010 where Cutler threw for more than 20 TD's, and he's never had a 30+ TD season. To put it in perspective, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw more TD's than Cutler in 2010 - 2012 with the Bills than Cutler did during that span.

I think they're starting to feel the pressure of the Steeler game. They know that they will not feel good if Cassel and Taylor don't throw a TD pass. They will say they're fine with either QB as the starter, but it will ring hollow.

I think they're starting to feel the pressure of the Steeler game. They know that they will not feel good if Cassel and Taylor don't throw a TD pass. They will say they're fine with either QB as the starter, but it will ring hollow.

I already said I don't care who starts or who throws TD passes. I care that they all look good, move the team and take care of the football. Edited by Kirby Jackson

If Tyrod has a 10+ play 70+ yard drive again that is capped off by a Fred Jackson 1 yard TD run I'll be plenty happy

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I just got a chuckle out of it. I know what he was trying to say. It just came out wrong. That often happens on forums. I am guilty of "foot in mouth" many times also.

I just wonder how many people on this forum really think that EJ is the best QB on this team. I bet it is a really small number. I am confident that the vast majority of people on here probably realize he is good enough to be a backup at this point, but you wouldn't want to put the season on his shoulders.

Most of the judgments being made on the quarterbacks are being made on fairly little game time too. So it is entirely possible that the whole QB thing might flip flop from where it is now. Maybe Cassel will be great. Who knows? Maybe Tyrod Taylor will be great. Who knows? Maybe EJ will be great. Who knows? All we have is history to go buy. And everyone on this board has watched more games with EJ starting over the last couple seasons than they have watched with either of the other two guys starting. So all we can go on with Cassel is the few games most of us have seen him in, which were mostly mediocre at best. All we can go on with TT is what we have seen of him this preseason which has been pretty impressive at least as far as moving the chains goes. With EJ, we have a bunch of games to base our opinion on.

The thing is, most people here can't forget the bad things they saw from him in the past and look at him with a completely clean slate. They can't forget the bad stuff from the past. Maybe that is unfair to EJ because he was so raw then. I don't know. All I know is that even if I base my opinion on just what I have seen in the preseason so far, EJ still isn't good enough to be a starter. So far in the preseason, neither TT or Cassel has proven that to me. They both look capable. EJ might potentially be, but it would be the long shot of the 3.

If Rex starts EJ in the beginning of the game this weekend and he plays well, then Rex is going to set himself up for a quarterback controversy during the season the first time any other quarterback plays poorly. I doubt he wants that situation on his hands. And therefore I doubt he will give EJ the start.

But they can for Cassel or Give TT a pass because he has never has an opportunity. I personally could care less about who the starter is as long as they perform well, but regardless of the side people are arguing there are ridiculous assumptions begin thrown around.

The question is does he deserve time with the 1s for part of a preseason game to show whether he is any better, worse or the same as other two. I don't know if deserves is the best word, but if I were the coach I would want to know and I would want the fans to see, so there was not a call later in the season for "Hey give him a chance". If he performs poorly you have your answer and can argue that he should not be in there if the other 2 are having issues. If he performs well then you can show he made progress and deserves whatever spot you put him at.

I really do not see a downside of him playing a quarter or part of a quarter against and with the first teams.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

If Tyrod has a 10+ play 70+ yard drive again that is capped off by a Fred Jackson 1 yard TD run I'll be plenty happy

I'd actually be happy with that too!...LOL

Both Cassel and Taylor do have some pressure though because if EJ throws another TD pass or two and they don't, they had better have a real good looking TD drive in that game like the one you mentioned.

I just got a chuckle out of it. I know what he was trying to say. It just came out wrong. That often happens on forums. I am guilty of "foot in mouth" many times also.

I just wonder how many people on this forum really think that EJ is the best QB on this team. I bet it is a really small number. I am confident that the vast majority of people on here probably realize he is good enough to be a backup at this point, but you wouldn't want to put the season on his shoulders.

Most of the judgments being made on the quarterbacks are being made on fairly little game time too. So it is entirely possible that the whole QB thing might flip flop from where it is now. Maybe Cassel will be great. Who knows? Maybe Tyrod Taylor will be great. Who knows? Maybe EJ will be great. Who knows? All we have is history to go buy. And everyone on this board has watched more games with EJ starting over the last couple seasons than they have watched with either of the other two guys starting. So all we can go on with Cassel is the few games most of us have seen him in, which were mostly mediocre at best. All we can go on with TT is what we have seen of him this preseason which has been pretty impressive at least as far as moving the chains goes. With EJ, we have a bunch of games to base our opinion on.

The thing is, most people here can't forget the bad things they saw from him in the past and look at him with a completely clean slate. They can't forget the bad stuff from the past. Maybe that is unfair to EJ because he was so raw then. I don't know. All I know is that even if I base my opinion on just what I have seen in the preseason so far, EJ still isn't good enough to be a starter. So far in the preseason, neither TT or Cassel has proven that to me. They both look capable. EJ might potentially be, but it would be the long shot of the 3.

If Rex starts EJ in the beginning of the game this weekend and he plays well, then Rex is going to set himself up for a quarterback controversy during the season the first time any other quarterback plays poorly. I doubt he wants that situation on his hands. And therefore I doubt he will give EJ the start.

Hate to say it, but there's going to be a quarterback controversy the minute any regular season starter has an off game. Doesn't matter who starts against the Stillers and who starts the regular season. Only way to avoid it is if the annointed starter lights it up the first few games before running into trouble. Especially because there's no clear cut leader at this point and preseason pales in comparison to the pressure and complexity of the real games.

I'd actually be happy with that too!...LOL

Both Cassel and Taylor do have some pressure though because if EJ throws another TD pass or two and they don't, they had better have a real good looking TD drive in that game like the one you mentioned.

Totally irrelevant at this point. I have to believe the coaches are about 99% sure who the starter is going to be.

Totally irrelevant at this point. I have to believe the coaches are about 99% sure who the starter is going to be.

It's irrelevant now, until the game happens and human nature takes over. I think Rex likes "gamers". If they think they are way ahead and can afford to have a clunker game then they don't know Rex.

Edited by 1billsfan

It's irrelevant now, until the game happens and human nature takes over. I think Rex likes "gamers". If they think they are way ahead and can afford to have a clunker game then they don't know Rex.

So you are saying the coaches still don't have a clue on who their starting QB for the regular season is going to be and the Steeler game is going to sway their choice? OMG :doh::lol: Kinda feel sorry for you, now, that you are holding on to that ever so slight, whatever, in thinking EJ might get to be the starter come the regular season.

So you are saying the coaches still don't have a clue on who their starting QB for the regular season is going to be and the Steeler game is going to sway their choice? OMG :doh::lol: Kinda feel sorry for you, now, that you are holding on to that ever so slight, whatever, in thinking EJ might get to be the starter come the regular season.

You have a link to a depth chart or should we just source you ?

But they can for Cassel or Give TT a pass because he has never has an opportunity. I personally could care less about who the starter is as long as they perform well, but regardless of the side people are arguing there are ridiculous assumptions begin thrown around.

Can you explain what you mean when you say there are "ridiculous assumptions being thrown around" and give some examples perhaps?

Hate to say it, but there's going to be a quarterback controversy the minute any regular season starter has an off game. Doesn't matter who starts against the Stillers and who starts the regular season. Only way to avoid it is if the annointed starter lights it up the first few games before running into trouble. Especially because there's no clear cut leader at this point and preseason pales in comparison to the pressure and complexity of the real games.

Yes. you are probably right about that. I am not looking forward to that. I can already hear the idiots who sit around me at the stadium yelling to put other quarterbacks in. And they will be doing that regardless of which QB starts.