Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Tyrod did good with consistent throws. I don't remember a big throw by him. Yes he can run, which will get you hurt in this league, and his accuracy is on point.

I think the battle is between EJ and Tyrod. Cassel will be 2nd string and to help the starter from week 1 on

Tylor had a solid night, he converted three 3rd downs with his arm and they weren't the short type. He took a bad sack and took a bad hit on read option play. He needs to avoid those kind of hits.

The only thing that worries me about Taylor is his inexperience but if he keeps playing with confidence he can be dangerous.

No. You're right. Asking the same question, posed slightly differently, is great. I get it, self validation is fun. :thumbsup:

Look, you are the one that came at me. Those polls were objective and different. I do not think that EJ is good. With that being said the polls, are objective and everyone is free to say what they want. I try to remain objective here and most will attest to the fact that I do that.

Tylor had a solid night, he converted three 3rd downs with his arm and they weren't the short type. He took a bad sack and took a bad hit on read option play. He needs to avoid those kind of hits.

The only thing that worries me about Taylor is his inexperience but if he keeps playing with confidence he can be dangerous.

Agreed solid night from TT. Happy to have him start. I was worried by the hit on the read option but I don't think even that was too bad after I watched the replays. If he takes one of those hits a series then I feel confident he'll play the whole season. He uses his feet very well to evade defenders, and I really like how on early downs he is able to ensure with his feet that the offense gets positive yards.

Edited by YattaOkasan

@JohnKryk

My quick-hit newser on Rex Ryan saying he won't announce starting QB "until the league makes us tell 'em": http://blogs.canoe.com/krykslants/nfl/rex-says-he-wont-announce-qb-starter-until-opening-week-until-the-league-makes-us-tell-em/

#Bills

Not sure I agree with Rex on this. I'm not sure the Colts inability to game plan for a specific QB is worth more than the starter getting as many reps with the #1s in camp as he possibly can.

Naaman Roosevelt might be back, back again...

mind..... bloooooooown. Why not Drew Haddad too. Hey lets see if Andre has any juice left and Moulds is just meandering in Amherst somewhere.

I have to wonder why someone like a Naaman would just keep returning for perennial emotional abuse

Not sure I agree with Rex on this. I'm not sure the Colts inability to game plan for a specific QB is worth more than the starter getting as many reps with the #1s in camp as he possibly can.

I'm sure the starter will get almost all of the reps after they break camp on Tuesday. Practices at the Ralph will be closed to the media and only the Bills will know.

mind..... bloooooooown. Why not Drew Haddad too. Hey lets see if Andre has any juice left and Moulds is just meandering in Amherst somewhere.

I have to wonder why someone like a Naaman would just keep returning for perennial emotional abuse

Eh, if I had the chance to practice with an NFL team and even suit up for preseason, I would take it.

I imagine he'll have his starter by game 4, but will play all the QBs that game (he's played his starter in the last game before, albeit disastrously). In closed practice, the starter will work with the ones. During camp with tweets from everyone he will not tip his hand . This would allow him time to thoroughly evaluate the competition, and then get the starter reps with the starters (plus we have had a lot of reps in camp because of the two fields).

Edited by YattaOkasan

Agreed solid night from TT. Happy to have him start. I was worried by the hit on the read option but I don't think even that was too bad after I watched the replays. If he takes one of those hits a series then I feel confident he'll play the whole season. He uses his feet very well to evade defenders, and I really like how on early downs he is able to ensure with his feet that the offense gets positive yards.

To me, that's why Cassel is the game day number 2. He's the guy who goes into a game and manages it off the bench. EJ is the guy you start if Taylor goes down for an extended stretch.