is Ray Rice coming to Buffalo for a look-see?

I can't believe I'm actually participating in this thread, but what the !@#$, here goes:

The second his wife apologized for "her involvement" in the punching, we knew we were dealing with a special kind of stupid.

We can spend months saying who is worse: Rice, Vick, whoever killed OJ's wife and her waiter friend, etc.

It doesn't !@#$ing matter.

Shady will be ready by week 1. That's ALL that matters.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately McCoy looks to be good to go for the season (as do Fred and Williams Karlos Williams). Otherwise it would be interesting to see how Rex would back down from his previous pronouncements that the Bills would NOT sign Rice.

I like this new name for him. I'm going to call him that from now on.

so much depends

upon

a red football

helmet

glazed with rain

water

beside the white

yard marker.

I'm curious: some seem to agree we can give a second chance to a guy who killed dogs for money, and we can give a second chance to a guy who whomped his fiance in the head and dragged her out of an elevator like a rag doll.

if Jared from Subway was a successful RB, would he deserve a second chance, too?

Kinda curious where we draw the line.

I'm curious: some seem to agree we can give a second chance to a guy who killed dogs for money, and we can give a second chance to a guy who whomped his fiance in the head and dragged her out of an elevator like a rag doll.

if Jared from Subway was a successful RB, would he deserve a second chance, too?

when it comes down to brass tacks? there is no line.

Its a business.

I dont care for it, but that is the reality

I'm with you on this, though let's make one thing clearer - Michael Vick actually served some time for what he did. And as awful as it was, it was not to a human being that he professes to love, in public. I'm not about to play "who's the worse sociopath," but I can see how someone would arrive at the conclusion that Vick could be reformed, even though I don't personally believe it.

That said, Rice and Jared from Subway can both go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

I like this new name for him. I'm going to call him that from now on.

so much depends

upon

a red football

helmet

glazed with rain

water

beside the white

yard marker.

Very nice, Doc. I was hoping someone would notice.

Someone working at a bank isn't the same scenario. The NFL has very specific skills and talents needed to play at their level. It is truly a privilege to play in the NFL because regardless of if you're player 53 or player 1 on a roster you're in a very small population segment. That segment is the team and the NFL and money they make relies in part( regardless of how big or small) on the fans purchasing tickets and merchandise, so the teams in the NFL stand to lose a segment of their fan base by signing someone who is on video knocking his fiancée out with a punch.

My point was aimed at the people who act like it's an inconvenience and they aren't allowing him to make money. Again it's a privilege to play in the NFL not a right. He can use his college degree to get a job in his field. The NFL is not his only option to generate income.

I have season tickets and the only two times I seriously considered giving up my tickets would be if the Bills had signed Michael Vick or if the Bills signed Ray Rice. There are things in life bigger than football.

It's a privilege to work at a bank if you really need the job to maintain a living for your family.

It's a privilege to work at a bank if you really need the job to maintain a living for your family.

You're really reaching to try and refute my point. Sure it's a privilege. But a bank isn't going to pay you millions of dollars to maintain a living for your family. Your salary ceiling is much less in a bank compared to the NFL