Shady helped off field with leg injury

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my idea of how things should be, we'd have had 2 games by now ...1 after the each of the first 2 weeks of camp. then week 3 you're getting ready for a real game.

they can take all that other time and use it at other points of the year to install their offense and whatever....use it for things other than live practice.

they don't need 6 weeks to get ready for a 16 game season. it's overkill and the players pay the price.

ps...i know they're not hitting every day....but there is plenty of hitting over a 3 week stretch of camp. live practice against another team is foolish. but the NFL whores these guys out to do it, so they do it.

This was my fear all along ever since we acquired Shady. Paying top dollar to an overused running back is never a good idea. Being a Bills fan makes me pessimistic. I fear this injury will linger. No matter how tempting it may be we shouldn't rush McCoy back. Bring in Rice or Bradshaw.

i suspect those guys may end up being a september 14th pickup for some team to kick the tires. if they are on the day 1 roster, their salary become fully guaranteed as vets, right?

What do torn ACLs have to do with hydration? McCoy pulled a hammy, you can do it bending over and tying your shoes...or not stretching properly- before and after you work out or run.

I wasn't referring to the ACL injuries.

No, being a pessimist makes you pessimistic.

Why shouldn't expectations be high? This is as talented a team as there is in the league, save for maybe Seattle.

I never said I was a pessimist outside of football, because I'm not.

Ray Rice was not playing that well before he beat up his girlfriend.

If I'm not mistaken Rice started out that year with an injury, and no RB under OC Jim Caldwell did well that season. That was pre Gary Kubiak who built that good power run game last season.

While I'm not very keen on signing a guy who beats up his girlfriend. That power run game must work or that offense is in real trouble from the start.

The other day the president for CoachMePlus was on the John Murphy show discussing how analytics (specifically health and well-being data) can assist in making decisions on how hard to push players, when to sit them, how their body responds to training, and how to recognize warning signs and chance of injury.

For instance, Demarco Murray was held out of practice for the first day of training camp due to some warning signs (hydration/fatigue) as a precaution. Seemed to have worked. I wonder if the Bills used any of this data or simply threw Shady out there like they normally would have. If they did that, it would be a shame since the data is there for them to use.

Cheers

Edited by johnnywo