Jags Offense Looking Good?

I actually thought (and still think) that Marrone is a pretty good football coach (but bad person). He was organized and his team hit. They were prepared.

I think that his power hungry mentality will ultimately undermine Bradley. DM is there to try to take his job. He isn't a team player. He is a taskmaster whose act will get tired pretty quickly.

I agree with your assessment. You totally hit the nail on the head with DM.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, things are looking promising on the offensive side in Jags land.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/8/17/9163519/every-blake-bortles-pass-from-friday-nights-preseason-opener

Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line coach is one Doug Marrone.

QB coach for Jags is one Nate Hackett.

Its still very early of course, but prevailing wisdom on this board was that the combined offensive genius of Doug and Nate would ruin the Jags.

Give it time my friend.

The Jags have been one of the few AFC teams I'd root for, after the Bills, since they came into the league.

No way I could ever cheer for a team wearing those butt ugly suits. That and the 1st game I ever went to at the Ralph was against them and we lost. I hate em.

I actually thought (and still think) that Marrone is a pretty good football coach (but bad person). He was organized and his team hit. They were prepared.

I think that his power hungry mentality will ultimately undermine Bradley. DM is there to try to take his job. He isn't a team player. He is a taskmaster whose act will get tired pretty quickly.

I agree they were fairly well prepared, and played very hard, but I'm not sure how to explain the HORRIBLE offensive line play. Some guys regressed, and others (Kujo) looked like they'd never seen the game before. I'll just go "no comment" on game planning and play calling.

And the tarp goes wild!

That's very funny. I've been to a few games there, and the tarp may at least ripple in a breeze. The crowd was mostly Bills fans.

Moron will stink it up. Hack(ett) will stink it up. Jax will look like their usual selves, and Blake will look nothing like his true potential. They'll draft and start another 1st round QB next year. And the Bills will be able to get Blake. Cheap.

Moron will stink it up. Hack(ett) will stink it up. Jax will look like their usual selves, and Blake will look nothing like his true potential. They'll draft and start another 1st round QB next year. And the Bills will be able to get Blake. Cheap.

You watch your tongue or I'll break your jaw

Edited by Saint Douggie

I agree they were fairly well prepared, and played very hard, but I'm not sure how to explain the HORRIBLE offensive line play. Some guys regressed, and others (Kujo) looked like they'd never seen the game before. I'll just go "no comment" on game planning and play calling.

Yeah, Aug his offensive staff was atrocious. That may stem from his insecurities. If he hired a top offensive mind and the offense succeeded he will steal St. Doug's accolades.

I look at the HC as more of a CEO. They need to manage the whole show. They have too much going on to really drill down to the micro level (OL technique, QB footwork, etc..). He needs to have the right people in place to take care of this. I think that they had that on the defensive side but not offensively.

Doug Marrone is a perfect 5 out of 10 as a coach. And probably a 3 as a human from all accounts.

Not the kind of guy who would kick your dog. But the kind of guy who would watch someone kick your dog and not do anything about it.

Edited by Estelle Getty

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/8/17/9163519/every-blake-bortles-pass-from-friday-nights-preseason-opener

Its still very early of course, but prevailing wisdom on this board was that the combined offensive genius of Doug and Nate would ruin the Jags.

Marrone is coaching two levels down from his position with the Bills. Hackett is one level down. This is where they belong right now and they won't ruin the Jags.

Hackett is bright and I wouldn't be surprised if he grew into a good OC one day. But Marrone was the wrong person to mentor him.

I don't think Marrone will ever be a good HC. It just doesn't seem to have the temperament for it, or the leadership skills.

Edited by hondo in seattle

No...

It's because of my Boy Bortles.

Nate has potential and could be a good OC someday, Maroon ruined our line so I doubt he is there more than two yrs.

I don't agree. He looks just like EJ to me.

I think you missed this one goat

we can only hope.