Jags Offense Looking Good?

Apparently, things are looking promising on the offensive side in Jags land.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/8/17/9163519/every-blake-bortles-pass-from-friday-nights-preseason-opener

Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line coach is one Doug Marrone.

QB coach for Jags is one Nate Hackett.

Its still very early of course, but prevailing wisdom on this board was that the combined offensive genius of Doug and Nate would ruin the Jags.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/8/17/9163519/every-blake-bortles-pass-from-friday-nights-preseason-opener

Its still very early of course, but prevailing wisdom on this board was that the combined offensive genius of Doug and Nate would ruin the Jags.

It's freakin preseason...

I actually thought (and still think) that Marrone is a pretty good football coach (but bad person). He was organized and his team hit. They were prepared.

I think that his power hungry mentality will ultimately undermine Bradley. DM is there to try to take his job. He isn't a team player. He is a taskmaster whose act will get tired pretty quickly.

I actually thought (and still think) that Marrone is a pretty good football coach (but bad person). He was organized and his team hit. They were prepared.

I think that his power hungry mentality will ultimately undermine Bradley. DM is there to try to take his job. He isn't a team player. He is a taskmaster whose act will get tired pretty quickly.

Agree with all that.

I ran into Brandon Spikes during the off season and he said Marrone would sit at the back of the bus/plane and never speak to the players. He said he was vocal during practice but rarely spoke with them personally. He mentioned players did not like that and certainly not the leaders - who felt it was important to speak with the HC outside of the field. So I think you're right - DM is a prepared person and extremely organized and detailed. But he lacks the human side of coaching in a divisive way.

They lost to the Oakland FN Raiders with playoff hopes still alive! Bleep Doug Marrone and his wimpy coach not to lose game management/scared to go for it on 4th down philosophy! He was the ultimate lying, disloyal, self important, oversensitive phony.

They lost to the Oakland FN Raiders with playoff hopes still alive! Bleep Doug Marrone and his wimpy coach not to lose game management/scared to go for it on 4th down philosophy! He was the ultimate lying, disloyal, self important, oversensitive phony.

This post is a little unclear. Would you care to tell us exactly how you really feel? :)

Come on man.... Tell us how you really feel.... :thumbsup:

His wife is probably happy though with their second vacation home they bought with his departure money from Buffalo. Or maybe Doug spent all that money on football cards so he could get the stiff little bubble gum wads out of them. He keeps buying packs of cards trying to buy up all the "Buffalo Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone" cards. Every time he opens a pack and sees himself he yells "Score!" and then starts going "Yeah yeah yeah" like Bevis and Butthead.

Yep...Bortles has great placement on his throws....and Toby Gerhart is going to light up the league.

Marrone while in Buffalo was an old school hard ass. I didn't think he was the brightest football mind but he made players accountable and preached discipline. Reminded me of a young Tom Coughlin. He took the Bills HC job multiple candidates even declined to interview for.