8-18: Bills and Browns Joint Night Practice - 6 PM to 8 PM

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

irregardless....the potential of 100% cassell completion rate is head and shoulders about 62.5% and 2 sacks, extrapolate it out if you don't believe me

Quietly enters the room, tiptoes over and whispers in his ear, "Pssst, pssst. It's a joke."

It's who he's with and against. But either way I think he'll be alright. Passing may be more difficult without a real running threat outside of the QB though.

I was being a bit of a smartass with a bit of sarcasm.

But the argument remains -

a) Playing with the #2's & 3's on offense - do you give the QB latitude?

b) Playing against the #2's & 3's on defense - do you give the QB latitude?

a) yes, a bit

b) no, not a lot

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

@JoeB

I'd take Cassel with 100% completion percentage in 11-on-11 over EJ's dismal 62.5% with 2 sacks. Taylor didn't have any weapons playing tonight.

Close, EJ threw 3 incompletions that weren't even close and was sacked twice, Tyrod with two beautiful passes and Cassell connected on every throw.

It sounded like he worked with the #2s the last two days against Cleveland. Granted they have injuries up the wazoo in their secondary but EJ sounds like he's done better against Cleveland than Tyrod has. I'm just going to wait til the game so I can make my own judgement.

Jokeman let him continue with the 3s he is going to get the right training. He is gonna he uninterrupted reps and the year or developing under REAL GUYS that he needs. Im an EJ fan and I would love it if he understudies with either of these guys... EVERYONE EVERY SINGLE GUY helping his development has a ring... or played in the big game. It should rub off on him in a big way.

Tyrod hasn't been good at all in the Browns' practice sessions according to media reports I have seen.

I thought capaccio said he looked pretty good. They were raving this morning on the HS show

Jokeman let him continue with the 3s he is going to get the right training. He is gonna he uninterrupted reps and the year or developing under REAL GUYS that he needs. Im an EJ fan and I would love it if he understudies with either of these guys... EVERYONE EVERY SINGLE GUY helping his development has a ring... or played in the big game. It should rub off on him in a big way.

I thought capaccio said he looked pretty good. They were raving this morning on the HS show

I heard Sal actually say the EJ had a good day yesterday. I only listened to part of the segment that he was on.

You are about to be followed my friend

Appreciate it. I'm going to try to refrain from posting my own tweets on here but all are welcome to if you want.

I still can't believe the one about cassel's 100% completion percentage was taken seriously though.

Edited by The Wiz

Appreciate it. I'm going to try to refrain from posting my own tweets on here but all are welcome to if you want.

I still can't believe the one about cassel's 100% completion percentage was taken seriously though.

You have a way with words my friend

:worthy:

Wizardly almost...

From fans attending last night

Tyrod Taylor did not look as impressive, although he did gun a TD pass to Flash Goodwin during the Red Zone drill that was on the money. As Jon and I were noting to each other, it appeared that the coaches had given him instructions to stay in the pocket and either hand-off or pass on the thought that that is what he needs to work on to get better. He was so-so in that role, most likely because it did not allow him to get into his normal rhythm, which is based on moving around in the backfield and brandishing the threat that he will run. He is not a QB who can make a quick read and release like Cassel. Rather, he has to use his considerable ability to evade pass rushers to buy himself time to scan the field, and he will often cover a fair amount of territory while he is doing so. Tonight he was being instructed to stay in one spot, and it hampered him. But, as Jon and I were saying to each other, he needs to have the ability to function more like a traditional passer at times if he is going to have the range of skills to run the sort of creative offense that Greg Roman doubtless would like to devise for him. So again Thursday night is going to be critically important for him, as it will be for Manuel. If he can temper his instinct to take off while still making things happen with his feet on occasion he will render himself even more effective than he looked against Carolina. But given his ingrained tendencies, that’s a big if.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/8/18/9174985/notes-for-8-18-bills-browns-practice#top

THAT was a hoot! :beer:

You guys realize that after a lot of games over the last few years a third of the posters will say Player A or especially a QB was fine, a third will say he was fair and a third will say he sucked.

And the other third will either have no opinion or say they don't care... go figure. 0:)