Another 'racist' flag outrage

Azalin

That damned flag: It’s a shroud. It smothers the complexity, the reality, of what really happened in Vietnam.

BINGO

Rick Perlstein is one of our nation's great writers and historians. His book 'Nixonland' is beyond compare. He's spot on that the flag embodies right wing victimization over a war that was as senseless and horrible as anything this nation has ever done. Yes, LBJ was just something else. Knew we couldn't win but sent troops anyway.

BINGO

Rick Perlstein is one of our nation's great writers and historians. His book 'Nixonland' is beyond compare. He's spot on that the flag embodies right wing victimization over a war that was as senseless and horrible as anything this nation has ever done. Yes, LBJ was just something else. Knew we couldn't win but sent troops anyway.

This is obviously trolling.

It's the sort of thing I wouldn't ever have noticed if not for the reaction expressed here. I'm not blaming the OP. It's entertaining to talk about. Neither am I surprised. It's the type of wedge issue that gets people shouting at each other and makes for a news cycle that can be self sustaining, feeding perpetually upon the conflict created by its own invented controversies. That equates to subscription $ and clicks for Newsweek.

For me, the POW/MIA flag doesn't provoke a strong emotional reaction. If I were confined in Guantanamo, though, that flag would surely bring a tear to my eye. (I jest!, I jest!) See, I too know how to play the game.

I'd say people are going to see this kind of crap popping up and realize how absurd this stuff is getting, but I've learned not to underestimate the stupidity of the public.

I don't always agree with you, but you are on point, sir

Just because some !@#$ on Newsweek wrote an opinion piece doesn't mean this is actually a movement or something people are actually calling for.

Y'know...I keep hearing that line of thinking.

It's just one person's opinion in Newsweek.

It's just an op-ed on CNN.

It's just an opinion show on Fox.

He's just a comedian, not a journalist.

Except that it IS Newseek, and TIME, and CNN and FOX and Comedy Central and their stamp is their identity.

So please. You can be stupid enough to believe what you wrote, but don't assume we're all as stupid as you are.

Y'know...I keep hearing that line of thinking.

It's just one person's opinion in Newsweek.

It's just an op-ed on CNN.

It's just an opinion show on Fox.

He's just a comedian, not a journalist.

Except that it IS Newseek, and TIME, and CNN and FOX and Comedy Central and their stamp is their identity.

So please. You can be stupid enough to believe what you wrote, but don't assume we're all as stupid as you are.

It's THE END OF THE WORLD!

It appears that you have it backward. The writer of the original article is the angry one. The rest of us are simply incredulous.

Fair enough. The article writer did start it. I'm not going to defend the article. Edited by Franz Kafka