Bills fans drunkest in the league?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm drunk right now! Go Bills!!! But seriously drinking at games is enjoyable, but swearing is not called for...yell all U want scream your head off, U don't need to swear and fight to prove U love the Bills!!!

Totally sad subject and writing. Pussification of America

So not wanting people to piss on you or throw up on you and stumble and fall into you and start throwing punches is the pussification of america? So do you get drunk tailgating and make a fool out of yourself? Sounds like it.

So not wanting people to piss on you or throw up on you and stumble and fall into you and start throwing punches is the pussification of america? So do you get drunk tailgating and make a fool out of yourself? Sounds like it.

Let's not go overboard here. Overreact much?

Imo

I'll never forget being at the stadium for a MNF game back during the Superbowl years.

It was about 8:50pm and we were making our way to our seats, BEFORE the opening kickoff, of course.

We passed some guy out in the hallway area near a bathroom entrance. He was so drunk he didn't know where he was.

My buddy said: "Look at that guy; the game hasn't started yet and he's ready to fall over drunk."

And then on cue, the guy fell over, drunk.

That kind of self-destructive drinking is tough to see.

I'll never forget being at the stadium for a MNF game back during the Superbowl years.

It was about 8:50pm and we were making our way to our seats, BEFORE the opening kickoff, of course.

We passed some guy out in the hallway area near a bathroom entrance. He was so drunk he didn't know where he was.

My buddy said: "Look at that guy; the game hasn't started yet and he's ready to fall over drunk."

And then on cue, the guy fell over, drunk.

That kind of self-destructive drinking is tough to see.

that's a funny story...and i have seen people like that at just about every stadium. You want to see surly drunk people.....go to a Skins game. Only time i was close to having an issue, playoff game in Pittsburgh that Reich gwon...super drunk dude tried to push me and my brother in the river after the game cause we was happy and had Bills hats on...it was more funny than scary...still love going to games in the Burgh

that's a funny story...and i have seen people like that at just about every stadium. You want to see surly drunk people.....go to a Skins game. Only time i was close to having an issue, playoff game in Pittsburgh that Reich gwon...super drunk dude tried to push me and my brother in the river after the game cause we was happy and had Bills hats on...it was more funny than scary...still love going to games in the Burgh

LOL; I lived in DC for 13 years and was going to comment on the scene out at the stadium there!

The crowd in MD is said to be one of the worst in the league.

Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel did a piece on this topic a few years ago; the NFL game day experience is a drunken mess throughout the entire league.

It's the Canadians. ..by the time they get to the parking lot on the bus they are gone. They used to list the arrests in the paper. ..50% were Canadian. .and only 20% of the crowd was from Canada. Do the math.

So 70% get arrested? Wow that's a lot! :)

Not at all. I start at 630am and quit by noon. And I don't get pissed on. And I don't get fallen on. But you can over exaggerate all you want. Believe it or not, its not hard to avoid those drunks. Also, as stated the pussification comes in to play when you learn what to do after someone falls in to you or gets in your face in a drunken stupor. You learn to not be a little kid or a juvenile punk and you walk away, you help the back up, you act like an adult.

The problem for me is, these a-hole drunks give good-natured drunks (yours truly included) a bad name.

What he said - and I fear for over-reaction at the stadium. Aside from the fact that punishing the masses for actions of the few is wrong, you can't eliminate alcohol. You've seen the beer lines at halftime, before beer sales are shut down in 2nd half of games...people just stock up, or find other ways .I've personally watched someone pull an entire case of beer, 24 cans, from inside his Carhartts at a Bills game. I've also seen someone smuggle an entire keg into a game. Both feats made me laugh...these were good-natured folks, I'd sit with anytime without reservation. I've also seen bad drunks that I was ashamed to have as fellow Bills fans, and that ruin a good time for all, vulgar in front of kids, picking fights, etc. Cheap end zone seats seem to attract this element - particularly if its a Raiders game! - but I've also seen 'em sitting upper deck and front row at midfield.

Bills are obviously making plenty of money on each beer sold, so why not increase security a bit with these profits, get rid of the bad apples quickly, and change the culture a bit.

I remember the game on Christmas Eve 2006 against the titans. It was the game where Robert Royal couldn't get 2 feet in the end zone on a trick play from Lee Evans and Vince Young killed us on a 4th and long scramble. Awful game, Bills lost by a point I believe.

Anyway...there was a happy group of titans fans walking out of the stadium to their car. One of them was a kid, probably 10 or so. An inebriated group of Bills fans proceeded to chases this group to their car, punch out the window and drag the driver out of the car. It was awful.

I feel like this kind of thing has decreased significantly over the years. Maybe its just me, but the crowds now-a-days seem more civil and less hammered.

I don't doubt this happened but with that being said I have been going to games since the late 80's & I have never seen something like this happen. The Bills games are what they are. There is a lot of drinking & a lot debuachery going on. Usually though, if your not looking for trouble, trouble won't find you. It does seem like over the years the crowd has gotten younger but may that is because I have gotten older. When I was in my 20's we used to have some awesome tailgates. We used to get in the lots by 7am. There was noone in lot 5 to collect the money. A guy would just walk around from car to car. We setup shop. Bring 2 full grills, have about 20 guys. Usually brought a keg. It was great. Some of the funnest times I had in my life. Over the years guys have dropped out, moved away. We still get a pretty good crowd for the opener but after that it is 4 of us & each of us has a son & we all bring them. They are 10-12 years old. The tailgates are a bit different now. My one friend & his son sits in the club seats so he gets us passes for the preferred parking in lot 5. We still get there early(a little after 9) we still bring a grill & we still drink. It works out great for me because one of my friends doesn't drink anymore so my son & I get a ride from him everygame. We don't drink nearly as much as we used to & yes the tailgates are not as wild. Now the funnels & keg stands that were so popular with us in the 90's are replaced Mountain Dew for the boys & a friendly game of touch football in the parking lot by the M&T sign. We never run into any problems. Our sons love it. I do miss the old tailgating days every once in awhile though.

I've said this is true before.Most folks that go to Bills games are OK but there are a huge amount of scumbags at one Bills drive on gameday.Watched a group of guys verbally abuse a young child and her father because they were wearing jerseys of the opposing team.Way too much drinking going on.On the other hand I went to see the Bills play in Jacksonville and I saw zero eveidence of intoxication so yeah, Buffalo has a problem with drunks.

I would seriously watch your wording. This isnt your first time either

BUFFALO does not have a problem with drunks and to suggest such a thing is offensive.

I will be paying close attention to your posts going forward

CBF

I've said this is true before.Most folks that go to Bills games are OK but there are a huge amount of scumbags at one Bills drive on gameday.Watched a group of guys verbally abuse a young child and her father because they were wearing jerseys of the opposing team.Way too much drinking going on.On the other hand I went to see the Bills play in Jacksonville and I saw zero eveidence of intoxication so yeah, Buffalo has a problem with drunks.

Interesting...I have seen the Bills play in Jacksonville as well. There was a clan of North FL rednecks "guarding" the jaguar statue outside the stadium. They were absolutely trashed and trying to pick fights with any Bills fan that walked by.

Are you honestly trying to imply that there was no one drunk at an NFL football game? Come on man...I get that your shtick is to stir the pot, but you've really got to step your game up. This is weak. Take some lessons from Weo or Leroi.

Yeah I have noticed it but I chalk it up to the Bills not having been a competative team in the past 15 years.

I expect to see a big change this year

CBF

It was no different when they were competitive.