Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

I would like to know if anyone stood up for Geno in the locker room

I mean christ.....YOUR STARTING QB

I wouldn't expect anybody to stand up for him but I would expect the leadership in the locker room to break it up and attempt to de-escalate the situation. Two teammates get into a heated argument and everybody just stands around and watches until one of them is lying on the floor with a broken jaw?

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is he not any good compared to? Andrew Luck? Yes, you are correct. Dude I know exactly where he stands as an NFL QB. I wouldn't say he "wasn't able to get it done" anywhere he's been. Again, the Jets also have a top 5 defense, they have Marshall and Decker- they are actually a shockingly similar team to the Bills. Believe me when I tell you, he would be our clear cut starter right now. Believe me also when I tell you we would've made the playoffs with him last season. And I don't think he's that good.

I don't believe you

With lawsuit likely coming, worst thing he can do is admit any guilt.

But apologizing to everyone else for the incident is okay? I don't think there's any question at all he punched Geno. I just read between the lines that he still thinks Geno deserved it.

Geno too, I used to think he had potential, now I wouldn't go near him as a GM

There's been quite a few stories over the years that seem to suggest that he's not very easy to like. This won't help his cause for a second contract.

seems incredibly dumb, doesnt it? for both guys.

It's really quite sad. Enemkpali is a massive idiot but it looks like he had grounds to be frustrated. Not sure how many teams go near a player that went after one of his own.

@wingoz

Ryan Fitzpatrick is only QB since 1970 to start for 5 different teams and not have a winning record for any of them. Jets would be his 6th

Teams just fall in love with the guy. You can't blame them.

Someone should let the Jets fans know he graduated from Harvard. They'll forget all about Geno.

Schefter says Genius didn't go to the event because of the death of someone. Rapoport says it was Genius's brother who got in a bike accident and broke his arm and ribs. Makes you wonder how did it get from death to broken ribs? Who makes that mistake or gets that information wrong?