Interesting look on Bills 2015 season

The author's predictions just don't make sense. We'll beat the Colts and Pats** but lose at home to the Giants? He also calls KC's offense "high powered."

Nice effort but nothing more than another fan's opinion.

There is no bright side to going 3-13.

I mean the last time we did that poorly (4-12 if I recall correctly) we added Marcell Dareus to our roster. I'm not advocating a tank job, as I don't know if I could handle it after last year's Sabres, but underperforming this year could net us a decent QB prospect and still be blamed on the growing pains of new systems on both sides of the ball.

I mean the last time we did that poorly (4-12 if I recall correctly) we added Marcell Dareus to our roster. I'm not advocating a tank job, as I don't know if I could handle it after last year's Sabres, but underperforming this year could net us a decent QB prospect and still be blamed on the growing pains of new systems on both sides of the ball.

The problem is there's not a "Andrew Luck" (or even a "Jameis Winston") in this draft class. This is another one of those QB classes like 2013 where the 4th guy picked might be the best guy.

The problem is there's not a "Andrew Luck" (or even a "Jameis Winston") in this draft class. This is another one of those QB classes like 2013 where the 4th guy picked might be the best guy.

I disagree a bit. 2013 and 2011 were really bad talent-wise at the QB position. There may not be an Andrew Luck, but there is more quality talent coming out this year than 2013. Anyway, this is derailing into an offshoot of the Crystal Ball thread. My Apologies OP.

Yes, so let's squash the "winning games is a bad thing" talk right now.

Go Bills.

A franchise in the midst of a 15-year playoff drought with a stacked roster (besides QB) does not need the sort of season you're referencing. I'll say it again -- if this team does not finish at least 10-6 (playoffs or not) it's a disaster.

I think their next 5 1st rounders should be a QB that's the biggest hole on the team and in the NFL. Average QB play makes this team at least 9-7

I'm perfectly comfortable throwing out the prediction that if the Bills can get their QB(s) to play with a rating of 80 or better, this team finishes at least 12-4.

(Trent Dilfer posted a rating of 76.6 in 2000)

Edited by eball

The author's predictions just don't make sense. We'll beat the Colts and Pats** but lose at home to the Giants? He also calls KC's offense "high powered."

Nice effort but nothing more than another fan's opinion.

With all do respect, we did beat Green Bay and lose to Oakland last season. So... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna predict 6-10, just to be safe.

It all depends on the QB play. We know already know having a great D makes little difference in the win/loss record.

I'm perfectly comfortable throwing out the prediction that if the Bills can get their QB(s) to play with a rating of 80 or better, this team finishes at least 12-4.

(Trent Dilfer posted a rating of 76.6 in 2000)

The 2000 NFL was a different era. In 2015, Dilfer wouldn't cut it!

It isn't just about our QB's -who are undeniably poor. It's also yet another full scale coaching change, with new schemes, a lot of different players and those who have been productive now not fitting with the new direction. We have decades of experience in how this all plays out -and none of it is a good thing.

I'm in the 6-10 group (experience!) til proven otherwise.

It isn't just about our QB's -who are undeniably poor. It's also yet another full scale coaching change, with new schemes, a lot of different players and those who have been productive now not fitting with the new direction. We have decades of experience in how this all plays out -and none of it is a good thing.

I'm in the 6-10 group (experience!) til proven otherwise.

I understand your skepticism but the Bills have not had this level of coaching (or talent) since the late 90s.

I think their next 5 1st rounders should be a QB that's the biggest hole on the team and in the NFL. Average QB play makes this team at least 9-7

Not sure about 1st rounders, however I would draft a QB in first 3 rds every year until they get one.

Yeah, this FO has proven they have an eye for solving our QB woes...

Well, if you don't draft one high you can't get criticized. Then, sign low ceiling veterans to bridge the gap when the one guy you did draft struggles mightily.

And I'm not referring to the 2015 draft, which appears moribund in terms of QB talent. The 2011, 2012, and 2014 drafts were better.

Well, if you don't draft one high you can't get criticized. Then, sign low ceiling veterans to bridge the gap when the one guy you did draft struggles mightily.

And I'm not referring to the 2015 draft, which appears moribund in terms of QB talent. The 2011, 2012, and 2014 drafts were better.

Really? These guys haven't even declared for the draft yet and they're already worse than acclaimed 1st round picks like Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, and Christian Ponder?

I understand your skepticism but the Bills have not had this level of coaching (or talent) since the late 90s.

Yes, and I expect it to bear fruit. Perhaps as early as next year. Just not in year one.. It's more conceivable we'll be 1-4 than anything else, beating only the Jets. Certainly IND, NE, NYG & MIA expect to beat us in these games. I fear epic proportions of ledge-leapers in WNY by Columbus Day.

The problem with the Bills, for a long time as I see it, is they don't want to take the chance unless they can get "THEIR GUY", and their guy

has not been the answer for 10 - 15 years.

E.J. is a prime example IMO: Ol' Buddy waited too long, then reached because they HAD to draft someone, drafted a decent college player who to this point doesn't have the required tools to be a legit NFL QB, and has the same issues now as when coming out of college.