Article: Can Tyrod live up to hype prior to 2015 season?

If self confidence is defined as hype for yourself in your own head, then sure. Certainly he is hype that he is in a situation where he is being given the opportunity to earn a starting job for the first time in his career.

my only quibble is with the title of the article. There isn't a lot of hype that I've noticed around TT...that's all.

my only quibble is with the title of the article. There isn't a lot of hype that I've noticed around TT...that's all.

Haha, I don't disagree. I think some posters see so many negative tweets about EJ and assume a lack of negative is hype. Though I did tweet at Vic Carucci that Tyrod would be the starter on like March 12 (the day he was signed).

Who was Rex's slash QB when Sanchez was starter his first 2 years? And when Geno was starter?

Michael Vick was the slash guy last year. Brad Smith was the guy before TEbow. He played for the Jets from 2006 until we got him. Rex got there in 2009. Brad ran the football 18 times for 207 yards that year.

If you're looking for Tyrod Taylor hype, go over to WGR 550!!

no kidding. Schopp actually said at one point today that he hopes TT wins the job because he personally endorses him and when Sal said EJ had a good day he said he didn't care what he did because he couldn't stand talking about EJ.

no kidding. Schopp actually said at one point today that he hopes TT wins the job because he personally endorses him and when Sal said EJ had a good day he said he didn't care what he did because he couldn't stand talking about EJ.

WGR is the radio version of the factory of sadness. What a sloppy mess.

I'm pretty sick of talking about EJ, too, but only because the conversation hasn't changed in two years.

have u ever heard of free agency players can go players can choose where they want to play. What a interesting concept lol. Btw all jks aside maybe he just wanted a chance to start somewhere and Baltimore wasn't offering that opp

I trust Ozzie Newsome's decision making more than your opinion though.

Why would a SB winning GM allow a quality QB to hit UFA? I know the Ravens had some cap challenges, but their backup QB is Matt Schaub now. And if Matt Schaub is a better backup option than Taylor I'm not sure Taylor is starting material. Schaub is being paid 2M for 2015. And Taylor's deal was 2 yrs at 7M total.

Because Flacco has proven to be extremely durable, and Taylor had two teams (Bills and Broncos) bidding for his services. The fact Ozzie "allowed" Taylor to leave says absolutely nothing about whether he valued him as a backup in Baltimore.

Schaub is 1.5M less than Taylor, and Ozzie couldn't (and shouldn't) tell Taylor he'll have an opportunity to play because he already has a franchise guy.

There is nothing difficult to understand about this. I've had numerous Ravens fans tell me they were disappointed to lose Taylor -- some because they felt if given the chance, he could be special. Ozzie isn't looking for that -- he's looking for an economical backup if the rare situation were to occur in which Flacco can't go.

Live up to the hype?

All the press on him is that he's a marginal, green, unproven commodity who will have to step it up to win a starting job.

I think he can live up to that hype just fine. Seems to me he should aim a little higher.

beat me by that | | much.