LeSean McCoy from a fantasy perspective

As many avid football fans here, I am beginning to construct my draft strategy for the upcoming year. I thought I would open up the discussion as to his perceived value.

LeSean McCoy's ADP is 17. Is this a steal? Will he be a top 5 back this year?

There is no concern that he will be getting the carries. I would even say he will get a good number of goal line carries. The question is, will this year be a repeat of last year's unending field goals in the red zone? Can we convert?

I am usually cautious about drafting bills, then when the time comes I panic and draft a bill in the first round. Hasn't turned out great with spiller the last few years.

The only risk of a spiller season is injury- otherwise he should be very productive. As you note though, the question will be 7 vs 3. I think once again our season will go as does our red zone offense. And who knows there...

Not a real limb to go out on there but....

The only risk of a spiller season is injury- otherwise he should be very productive. As you note though, the question will be 7 vs 3. I think once again our season will go as does our red zone offense. And who knows there...

Not a real limb to go out on there but....

Last season Spiller didn't do particularly well even before his injury. F-jax vultured a few TDs (Felton? Bryce? Boobie?) and again, we could never convert at the goal line.

I think McCoy has a good shot at 1,700 yards from scrimmage. I just can't decide if he'll be one of those RBs that racks up the yards without the TDs

I had him last year, and he was a disappointment. Granted he was on a different team, but it seemed like sharing time with Sproles in Philly hindered him from a fantasy perspective. I expect the same again this year. But he is still a solid 1A option.

I had him last year, and he was a disappointment. Granted he was on a different team, but it seemed like sharing time with Sproles in Philly hindered him from a fantasy perspective. I expect the same again this year. But he is still a solid 1A option.

This has me hesitate as well. I know people who were pretty upset when they kept puting Polk and Sproles in the red zone.

I also think he is a solid option, but if I was at 10-12 and if he is still available then I'd snatch him up, but if you were unlucky enough to get a high spot this year and have the intention of grabbing McCoy, he can be had for less, I think. A lot of people are skiddish about our offense as a whole rather than him as a player himself, and with our QB situation, they may have some valid points.

Edited by What a Tuel

i actually kind of like him as a mid-to-early second-round guy, which is around where he's going now.

however, on principal i avoid all bills as historically i have shown a tremendous bias in my assessment of buffalo players.

the exception is our defense: last year, they killed it for me and i would go to bat for them as a top-scoring D again this year.

I'm in the same boat as you, I panic and draft Bills players every year.. Yep, I drafted Spiller too, but Igot him in the 3rd round.. Anyway, McCoy is definitly 1st round (top 12 pick) worthy.. It's just a matter of if you take him in a top 3 spot if you have that pick.. I'm going to tell you that I'll take him with the number 1 pick if I get it..! He'll get a ton of carries/catches, he'll get goalline touches too and he's durable... He has the best FB in the game leading the way, a coach dedicated to getting the ball to him, and a defense to get him the ball back, so ya I'll take him with my first pick because then I can watch my fantasy points in action every Sunday..! Then I'll take Sammy Watkins in the 3rd or 4th round..!

Never draft bills players in fantasy.

I generally agree. The only Bills I'd touch this year are the D and Shady. Shady is still worth a 1st rounder IMO. Too much unknown with the QB situation to grab any pass-catcher early. In one of my leagues I can keep Sammy for a 4th round pick so I'll do that. I'd grab the D as early as the 6th.

I had McCoy last year and he was a disappointment. But, that was in Chip Kelly's super weird offense. With Roman I expect him to get yards both catching and running. And, if your league awards RB's points for catching, I'd grab Spiller as well later in the draft. I expect him to do a lot of catching in NO.

I really like McCoy from a fantasy perspective, esp in a PPR league. The Bills defense will keep the team in games so they will be running the ball late in games. Also the Bills will be counting on McCoy to give them a lot of offense so he will definitely see carries, and with a limited QB they will definitely be dumping down to him at least 4-7 times a game making for some cheap points. He is fairly young so he should fall off a cliff so check that concern off the list.

The Bills O-line is a concern, but I think InCog and Cyrus come in and improve the play of the unit while the coaching on the unit overall will be much better. It won't be a great O-line but it should be serviceable.

Karlos Williams is a great short yardage back, and I surmise he gets goalline carries. McCoy is great value at 17 though. Sammy Watkins is my dilemma. I am contemplating selecting Sammy in the late 3rd/early 4th. He will be a steal. Last year he was playing hurt. And IMO Sammy has a huge year, with many long TD's

Sammy, Shady, Bills D all day in fantasy

A non dumbass coach will throw screens to Sammy often and FF points will be scored.

I agree completely! Shady opens up Sammy, Sammy (Woods, Harvin, and Clay) opens up Shady....

I plan on taking Clay as my back up if he's available late. A lot of people will shy away from him considering the offense and all the options... I am only taking him on the outside chance that whoever our QB is elects to be caption check down