Is it time for Plan Z at QB

a lot of high school teams have found success with converting their RB to QB. the threat of the run sucks the defense in and then the RB can just shuttle toss the ball down field at that point to get it to the wide open receiver, doesn't even have to be a spiral.

Fred would be the best QB on the team. make it happen!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want a Plan Z QB? Here are you choices as of right now:

> Jason Campbell

> Pat Devlin

> Matt Flynn

> Tarvaris Jackson

> Ryan Lindley

> Luke McCown

Now tell me these guys might be better.

Jason Campbell was my QB of choice for the backup/spot starter vet. Still stand by my choice but apparently the NFL disagrees with me.

How the hell can these guys make it to this level and they can't hit open receivers in practice. They know there not going to get hit. We can't find anyone, it freakin amazing.

I agree, it is amazing. Makes you wonder exactly they WERE seeing.

Exhibits : Jeff Tuel and the other guy who couldn't throw, oh, yeah, Thad Lewis. OMG

Seems every year, there's always talk how next years QB class will be great. Then these guys go out and play the college season and everyone realizes that half of them also suck.

At the same time there will be a handful of teams who appear to be set at QB, but by the end of the season realize they need to start over at QB. What if Bradford has a season ending injury, considering his history would Philly give him another year. Chicago could be looking, SF, Az with another injury to Palmer, If Eli throws another 20 int will the Giants be looking, Washington, Jets, Cleveland, Jax, Texans, Raiders.

Not saying the Bills won't be looking next year, but this whole idea that next year will a deep QB class with few buyers is completely absurd.

There are more QB options in 2016 (FA and college) than in previous years - and as well - the number of teams in the Bills position has dwindled. I think the plan is to gut out this year and get a real QB answer next year.

Seems every year, there's always talk how next years QB class will be great. Then these guys go out and play the college season and everyone realizes that half of them also suck.

At the same time there will be a handful of teams who appear to be set at QB, but by the end of the season realize they need to start over at QB. What if Bradford has a season ending injury, considering his history would Philly give him another year. Chicago could be looking, SF, Az with another injury to Palmer, If Eli throws another 20 int will the Giants be looking, Washington, Jets, Cleveland, Jax, Texans, Raiders.

Not saying the Bills won't be looking next year, but this whole idea that next year will a deep QB class with few buyers is completely absurd.

QB fever usually strikes between February and Draft Day. Symptoms include believing 5 or 6 QBs in the draft are franchise quality.

Anyone listen to Schopp/Bulldog Hour 1 today? Sal was on and he suspected that they are giving starter levels of reps to Cassel so as to prepare 1 guy as "the guy" just in case no one emerges as a true starter.

I.E., the competition can't continue forever b/c then no single QB has enough reps to be prepared.

Sal was kind of implying this is just a default safety plan on the part of the Bills and doesn't necessarily mean Cassel is the guy.

He was also clear to mention this is all just his theory and the team/Rex has said nothing officially about any of this.

I thought it was an interesting exchange.

I think it's the opposite. Now everyone is a franchise QB until they play the college season. By Feb they are down to around 3 or 4, by draft day, well........ see Geno Smith

QB fever usually strikes between February and Draft Day. Symptoms include believing 5 or 6 QBs in the draft are franchise quality.

Pony up 3 yr $26M $15M guaranteed for Orton. Price will only get higher closer to opening day. Guy had a 90 rating with no running game no reps and Hackett/Marrone to overcome.

F that. Dude retired the moment he slid short of that first down in Denver.

I think it's the opposite. Now everyone is a franchise QB until they play the college season. By Feb they are down to around 3 or 4, by draft day, well........ see Geno Smith

Do the names Ryan Nassib and Matt Barkley mean anything to you?

Two guys who had average final seasons in college aren't franchise QB's in the NFL? Are you sure?

Yes, but pre-draft both were discussed as "the answer" for the Bills. Just as Gabbert, Leinert, Clausen, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yes, but pre-draft both were discussed as "the answer" for the Bills. Just as Gabbert, Leinert, Clausen, etc. etc. etc.

By who? Some guy who watched a 2 minute highlight YouTube video? Are you telling me he was wrong? Are you sure?

Edited by FireChan

Since EJ is basically playing his way off this roster I think it's time to pull the plug now and move on to plan B, Z or whatever else plan we can muster up. Should we give Jake Locker a call and see if he's feeling differently bout retirement after training camps have now opened or do u give the old vet Michael Vick a shot. Maybe we can make a trade for Mettanberger, Glennon or Cousins using EJ and a pk as bait if I'm Doug Whaley I'm dangling a 3rd for Mettanberger right now. I know it's a high price but what else can we do. Either way we need to make calls move soon before it's too late or maybe it's already to late?

LOL !!!!!

Thank god you're not running this team

Only Bills fans panic over the QB position on the fourth day of camp. :lol:

Except when trent edwards was our QB. He looked like a stud in camp, and everything looked fine to everyone. But then we saw him play a game....

I am not hitting the panic button yet. Anyone that was expecting a QB to light it up this quickly was dreaming. We don't have a lot of talent at the QB position. I think when rex said the blue/white scrimmage on saturday will be the first big test, I think that is true. We don't know how these QBs are doing because we aren't seeing everything. There might be better or worse results going on in the closed practices.