Rex names the starting left side of the OL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No real surprise and good. Cordy is still the best LT on the team and Incog made the Pro Bowl at LG in 2012. Now just need Miller and CyKo to solidify the RG and RT spots and the OL might actually be a strength.

@TheNFLAdvisory: LT Cordy Glenn is BUF's best OT by a BIG margin but cheap youngsters Seantrel & CKouandjio have been impressing BUF. Could mean Cordy trade.

Bad advice, for sure. I wonder who are the guys that come up with these scenarios, they sure aren't very informed.

I guess it's important to create the culture of competition - but we all know not every position is up for the taking. I get confused why it's handled this way with certain players. I don't get why Glenn has to be named the starter for example.

Not every competition has to last very long. They probably saw enough to know they were the best for those positions and decided to keep them there.

Love the fact that they got over half the line locked down already. I didnt think it would take too long either.

Now Im looking forward to how the right side plays out between Miller, Henderson, and Kujo.

I guess Urbik and Richardson might be in play there, crazier things have happened, but Im not counting on it. Pretty decent depth though.

@TheNFLAdvisory: LT Cordy Glenn is BUF's best OT by a BIG margin but cheap youngsters Seantrel & CKouandjio have been impressing BUF. Could mean Cordy trade.

I hate when they make comments like this. No basis for it at all.

They publish every crazy idea that passes through their brain so that if/when something does ever happen, they can say they were the first to report it. So much noise that it's not worth listening to any of it.

A great LT makes a bad QB better.

A great LT's value is in protecting the QB so that QB can maximize their play. Sure, you can argue that Joe Thomas made the likes of Charlie Frye, Colt McCoy and Brian Hoyer better than if they'd have had a crappy LT. Yeah, but how good was their best going to be? But how much value would Thomas add if he was protecting Rogers, Luck, Brees or Manning? A hell of a lot more if you ask me.

A great LT's value is in protecting the QB so that QB can maximize their play. Sure, you can argue that Joe Thomas made the likes of Charlie Frye, Colt McCoy and Brian Hoyer better than if they'd have had a crappy LT. Yeah, but how good was their best going to be? But how much value would Thomas add if he was protecting Rogers, Luck, Brees or Manning? A hell of a lot more if you ask me.

Yeah, those guys were really suffering from the lack of a great LT like Joe Thomas. They would all be future HOFers, I bet.

Holy cow....

Edited by Mr. WEO

I guess it's important to create the culture of competition - but we all know not every position is up for the taking. I get confused why it's handled this way with certain players. I don't get why Glenn has to be named the starter for example.

New head coach, new OC, new system. Pretty standard to announce things like this, and it also helps promote that Rex is in charge. He makes the calls on who is a starter and who is not. Nothing Doug Marrone did is the way he needs to do it, even if there are obvious positions that are locked up.

When was this tweeted? I'd be mighty surprised if this happened. Truly, it is illogical. It's not like Ralph's pockets are running the show these days.

It's not about Pegula's unwillingness to spend on Cordy to keep him, it's a matter of who is on the roster, their availability to possibly fill the void and keeping the rest of the team intact due to salary cap considerations. No way we can keep everyone that is currently on the roster considering we have to re-sign Dareus, Gilmore and Bradham. Three of the four will be with us for the long-term, not all four.

Other than logic.

You can't polish a turd, but you can prevent the other team's defense from trying to polish said turd, and in the process getting turd all over everything.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Bad advice, for sure. I wonder who are the guys that come up with these scenarios, they sure aren't very informed.

I went back and forth with this idiot on twitter all day yesterday....like...what world does he live in???

It's not about Pegula's unwillingness to spend on Cordy to keep him, it's a matter of who is on the roster, their availability to possibly fill the void and keeping the rest of the team intact due to salary cap considerations. No way we can keep everyone that is currently on the roster considering we have to re-sign Dareus, Gilmore and Bradham. Three of the four will be with us for the long-term, not all four.

Other than logic.

Salary cap keeps going up, we dont have a franchise QB to spend 20 mill a year on, and we can easily restructure some big contracts....the idea to trade our best tackle, who happens to play the most important position on the line, JUST BECAUSE we have two young guys who are competing for the RT spot, is beyond dumb...nothing logical about that

I went back and forth with this idiot on twitter all day yesterday....like...what world does he live in???

Salary cap keeps going up, we dont have a franchise QB to spend 20 mill a year on, and we can easily restructure some big contracts....the idea to trade our best tackle, who happens to play the most important position on the line, JUST BECAUSE we have two young guys who are competing for the RT spot, is beyond dumb...nothing logical about that

We don't have the salary cap room to keep all the four players mentioned and that's after restructuring Mario's and Clay's contract. IF the young tackles show progress, then it would be logical.

We don't have the salary cap room to keep all the four players mentioned and that's after restructuring Mario's and Clay's contract. IF the young tackles show progress, then it would be logical.

dont know why you think we dont have the cap room to keep those players, but every cap projection I have read indicates otherwise

especially when you are considering Glenn had a down year last year, have to see how he plays this year to determine his true value....bradham had a good year, can he repeat it...lots of IFs and wait and see's here...

a team that has not made the playoffs in 15 years and is on the brink is not trading their best o-lineman, its just not happening...anyone who suggests it is a clueless football fan