Watkins takes shots at old coaches

So let me see if I get this straght

You think Rex Ryan or Greg Roman is for some reason going to have something to say to Watkins for expressing his opinion here?

And with any luck Watkins will be a employee for the rest of his career......

(and I say this as having already said I wish Sammy would not be so open)

I don't care what Rex Ryan or Greg Roman say to Watkins. As a fan, I want the members of the 53-man roster to stop dwelling on the Marrone regime and win some !@#$ing games. How's that for straight?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what Rex Ryan or Greg Roman say to Watkins. As a fan, I want the members of the 53-man roster to stop dwelling on the Marrone regime and win some !@#$ing games. How's that for straight?

So, when discussing the difference in coaching during an interview, Watkins, rather than answering honestly, should say the same old scripted crap"

"I just want to do whatever I can, each and every day, to help my team win. At the end of the day, I just want to be the best player I can be. I just need to work hard, and make plays, each and every day..."

God, I hate those interviews. I'd much rather watch a player mumbling with his cleats in his mouth.

So, when discussing the difference in coaching during an interview, Watkins, rather than answering honestly, should say the same old scripted crap"

"I just want to do whatever I can, each and every day, to help my team win. At the end of the day, I just want to be the best player I can be. I just need to work hard, and make plays, each and every day..."

God, I hate those interviews. I'd much rather watch a player mumbling with his cleats in his mouth.

Yes, to an extent. That's what the greatest players in the history of the game have always done. It's boring ... but it's classy. it's professional. And it's unable to be scrutinized. So the player can focus on doing his job. Isn't that the best way to please us fans, after all?

Yes, to an extent. That's what the greatest players in the history of the game have always done. It's boring ... but it's classy. it's professional. And it's unable to be scrutinized. So the player can focus on doing his job. Isn't that the best way to please us fans, after all?

I couldn't care any less. None of these players owe me anything. He didn't commit a crime or say anything blatantly disrespectful. I don't see what the big deal is

I hear ya, but do you honestly think this has any impact on one's performance on the field? Pretty harmless comments from a pretty humble guy.

I hear ya, but do you honestly think this has any impact on one's performance on the field? Pretty harmless comments from a pretty humble guy.

I agree with this too. But it is unnecessary and I'd love for him to prove his point between the lines. Not a huge deal, but also not a great decision. Let's play ball and stay healthy.

Loved when TK Stack Money(kornheiser) refused to interview athletes for this very reason...99% are boring as hell and speak in non stop cliches. I switch , 100% of the time, the radio or TV , when athlete is being interviewed except post game.

What in the name of God would my analogy have to do with accounting? Try HR ... you know ... the ones who interview and hire people.

And your name-calling is not appreciated. It's uncalled for and, frankly, it hurts.

It's on like a flomoefoe!

Just want you to know I appreciate every post you've made in this thread. Nuggets of erudite wisdom, every damned one of them.

GO BILLS!!!

No it's not what the greatest players have done.

I'm laughing reading the comments under the original article. Syracuse fans seem to be very bitter about anyone questioning our terrible coaching last year

to me Watkins comments just helps cement how lame our coaching was with Maronne

Edited by shibuya

No it's not what the greatest players have done.

I'm thinking of the greatest players (in my opinion of course) and I can't think of any time I can remember any of them bashing their former coaches.

Can you list a few examples for me?

I still maintain that Hackett got a bad rap. If you read the tea leaves, with quotes from players and what not, it seemed as though he was limited by the clueless head coach. I think back to some of the decisions that idiot made and, in my opinion, he's the worst coach I've seen patrol the Bills sideline in the 25+ years I've been watching.

Hackett designed some good plays that had receivers running open all year. A combination of bad QBing and poor protection really gave him no chance. The players seemed to like him too. But the head coach, and other position coaches around him were JV-level bad.

Marrone was the de facto OC so I agree that it's hard from the outside to judge Hackett. It was Marrone's scheme, Marrone's game plans, and Marrone had the final decision for position coaches.

We'll see if Hackett has a good coaching career going forward. I wouldn't be totally surprised if he does.

It does seem, however, that some of the offensive players have more faith in the coaching staff this year than last.

Edited by hondo in seattle