Tired of Deflategate

So in other words he was the ringmaster and they lose their jobs for doing it but he keeps his because he is Tom Brady? That is a way worse look for the team and for him. Way worse.

And yet, is the real world. You act shocked by the reality that a hall of fame qb keeps his job and the ball boy doesn't when a league rule is broken.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two are gone no matter what. He isn't saving their jobs by saying they were cheating for him. They still did it in that scenario.

But they did it under the specific direction of Brady*. Their perfectly legitimate defense is one of, "my employer told me to do it, and since I wasn't breaking any law (just an NFL regulation) I didn't think I had a choice."

Edited by eball

But they did it under the specific direction of Brady*. Their perfectly legitimate defense is one of, "my employer told me to do it, and since I wasn't breaking any law (just an NFL regulation) I didn't think I had a choice."

And then they get fired and no one in the NFL hires them.

And yet, is the real world. You act shocked by the reality that a hall of fame qb keeps his job and the ball boy doesn't when a league rule is broken.

I really don't know what they will do. I assume there is a very good chance that they will continue the farce that Brady did absolutely nothing wrong and then reinstate the two, saying they didn't either. There wasn't anything for them to do in the off season.

And then they get fired and no one in the NFL hires them.

I dunno...who's to say they have any skill or talent to begin with? I don't know jackschitt about either of them -- are they Bahhhstin locals who managed to catch on with the team? I'm not suggesting they should get their jobs back (or be hired by another team), just that it was dumb for the Pats** to fire them in the first place if they are going to stand behind the ridiculous story that nothing was done wrong to begin with.

I dunno...who's to say they have any skill or talent to begin with? I don't know jackschitt about either of them -- are they Bahhhstin locals who managed to catch on with the team? I'm not suggesting they should get their jobs back (or be hired by another team), just that it was dumb for the Pats** to fire them in the first place if they are going to stand behind the ridiculous story that nothing was done wrong to begin with.

What keyed up the discussion was that Brady should take all the blame and get them their jobs back... Even if they were following orders they are tainted and can't be given the position.... Brady being a league mvp on the other hand gets different treatment. Fair or not, it's life.

I'll agree that tossing them if your argument is weather is ridiculous.

Edited by NoSaint

We now sit on the eve of the appeal.

Any last minute predictions?

I think it will be reduced to 2 games and that was part of the thinking in making it 4 to begin with.

I think Tom goes in there and continues to play dumb and lie through his teeth. Goddell will feel bad for how dumb Brady is perceived to be and lift all 4 games.

My original prediction was 4 games, reduced to 2. I'm going to edit that to being reduced to 3. I still think in general they will cut a suspension in half if you can make a decent argument. In this case I think the 2 games for not cooperating stand, and the 2 for the actual deflation is reduced because the league wants to put it to bed,

in some ways, this might make the league look better. This reads as the NFL not being as full of cheating as was recently in the press. The reduction says that the NFL has a zealous, and maybe overly-so, enforcement of the rules.

With no contrition whatsoever from TB, I can't see any scenario where Goodell reduces the suspension. If TB admits anything - even that "others may have reduced the ball

pressure but I knew nothing about it" - will mean a reduction of one or two games but, IMO, TB will not even admit that.

So, under those circumstances, Goodell reducing the penalty would make no sense to me. Again, my opinion.

-RnJ

you never trust WGR.

they got me twice on false stories a long time ago. never again will I believe what they say

i heard them tease it before a commercial, but then couldnt listen to it after the commercial. So I didn't know where they got it from. Hope it's bs.