5 Bills RBs, 4 Spots Available?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't assume that Whaley is attached to Bryce Brown beyond what he has and can prove in terms of his worth. GMs make great acquisitions and bad acquisitions. The good ones know when to move on, they don't stick with a guy just because he traded for him. If he isn't going to help the team more than another guy on the roster I don't think he will hesitate to move on. Jmo.

Somehow I'm thinking that all five will play for The Bills this year. It's good to know its a pretty solid group though. Ha never can tell with injuries and dings and things that can happen during TC and preseason. It doesn't look like we'll have to be too concerned about that position.

You know what will be really intersting is if Carlos Williams light it up in camp and preseason........

Not saying his is replacing Shady

next year the 1-2 punch with be Shady and Karlos. This year I think it's still Shady and Fred but Karlos will spell Fred. They want to cut Fred's touches in half. IMO Karlos is Fred's eventual replacement. They are similar styles with how they catch the ball out of the backfield. Edited by YoloinOhio

It'll probably be Brown and that's too bad -- I think he's got a ton of potential. But I can't make a good case to drop any of the other 4 guys.

i have been defending Bryce since the trade went down. I agree he has potential. Tons of talent. But something is holding him back everywhere he's been. I don't see the heart/commitment it takes to be successful NFL RB. They should trade him to the Cowboys for a draft pick.

next year the 1-2 punch with be Shady and Karlos. This year I think it's still Shady and Fred but Karlos will spell Fred. They want to cut Fred's touches in half. IMO Karlos is Fred's eventual replacement. They are similar styles with how they catch the ball out of the backfield.

Anyone else think Karlos reminds them of Antwain Smith?

i have been defending Bryce since the trade went down. I agree he has potential. Tons of talent. But something is holding him back everywhere he's been. I don't see the heart/commitment it takes to be successful NFL RB. They should trade him to the Cowboys for a draft pick.

Same here. Loved watching him light it up while Shady was hurt and was excited to see we were going to give him a shot here. I don't know what his problem is, but for the amount of talent he has, there is no way he should have seen the field as little as he did if it wasn't at least a little his own fault.

I suspect it will be down to Brown or Karlos. If they cut Karlos they will try to keep him on the practice squad. Although if Freddie or Boobie look like crap and the other two looks good then they could be on the block. Outside of Shady I don't think anyone is safe. Camp performance will be huge for these backs. Although I think Bryce Brown is the most vulnerable the other three aren't untouchable.

53 man roster comes down to the coaching staff even though I am sure there will be input from management.

Boobie is valuable on special teams unless Karlos Williams proves he is equivalent or better. I see Bryce Brown getting cut but you never know with injuries and things. So depth is valuable in the event another team loses an rb maybe a deal can be made for one of the players on the back end.

It'll probably be Brown and that's too bad -- I think he's got a ton of potential. But I can't make a good case to drop any of the other 4 guys.

really the only case vs boobie is high pay for a potentially small role. if karlos gets to #3, either of those is the 4th back and possibly not active on gameday, bryce is cheaper and has plenty of upside

(and if neither are here for 2016, cutting boobie now and letting bryce walk in a year is better for comp picks than cutting bryce now and cutting boobie next year wouldnt get you anything).

Yes, it's too soon to make a decision because there is a lot that needs to be determined in camp and in the preseason. I'm confident that the FO knows what it's doing and that they'll play their hand properly.

next year the 1-2 punch with be Shady and Karlos. This year I think it's still Shady and Fred but Karlos will spell Fred. They want to cut Fred's touches in half. IMO Karlos is Fred's eventual replacement. They are similar styles with how they catch the ball out of the backfield.

Basically covered my thoughts on the topic.

really the only case vs boobie is high pay for a potentially small role. if karlos gets to #3, either of those is the 4th back and possibly not active on gameday, bryce is cheaper and has plenty of upside

(and if neither are here for 2016, cutting boobie now and letting bryce walk in a year is better for comp picks than cutting bryce now and cutting boobie next year wouldnt get you anything).

I think that's why they drafted Karlos. He seems like he can step into Boobie's role.

Brown's a good insurance policy to have if McCoy gets injured. He's the only other home-run threat in the backfield.

Re Boobie vs Brown... I assume Boobie would be part of the ST squad.. but then that'd mean possibly sitting Karlos/Brown, since dressing 4 RBs on game day would be... odd.

boobie is too valuable on ST to not dress him. And he is "ground and pound" type RB for short yardage. I get that Karlos can play ST too but until he demonstrates he is as impactful as Boobie in games, I don't think Boobie is cut or inactive. I think brown is gone either way. If he has a tremendous camp they put Karlos on the PS. If he doesn't have a tremendous camp (more likely) they try to showcase him in Preseason and trade him for a pick or if they can't then they cut him. Ultimately I think they will wait until the last minute on him because they need RB depth with this offense, in case someone gets hurt in camp. Edited by YoloinOhio