The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Except, that is what the Left is saying, not what he said.

What you (and others) really mean is..........you won't accept a man of Faith as a leader.

Carson, who is a practicing Christian, also appealed to the conservative values of the group and urged the audience to respect and defend the Christian faith traditions that helped black Americans weather the scourge of slavery, Jim Crow and segregation.

"We can't allow the movement that has denigrated faith and people of faith in God to also destroy our communities. If people like that want to destroy themselves, let them, but don't allow them to take us with them, because I think the relationship with God is a great relationship," he said.

The neurosurgeon who majored in psychology in his undergraduate years also challenged critics who mock him for not believing in evolution.

"Now some people would say, 'Carson is a strange guy; he's supposed to be a doctor but doesn't believe in science.' That's completely a bunch of crap," he said to laughter.

"You know, how can you become a renowned neurosurgeon without believing in science?" he asked matter-of-factly.

"It's just that I don't believe some of the stuff that people say is [fact]. That something came from nothing. I don't believe that. I don't believe that there could be a big bang and everything suddenly comes into perfect work all by itself," he said.

"And people say, 'Well, you believe the earth is 6,000 years old.' I didn't say I believe the earth is 6,000 years old. I do believe in the Bible though. The Bible says 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth,' period. Now we don't know how long lapsed between that period and the next sentence. It could have been five years, it could have been 50 billion years. We don't know the answer to that," he continued. "But I tell you something else: God is God, and He can create the world any age He wants to. It is very arrogant for any scientist to say, just because they can't explain it, it doesn't exist."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/ben-carson-defines-himself-and-makes-big-impression-at-nan-convention-in-nyc-pastor-a-r-bernard-says-hes-a-leader-137228/#EmakfhP0y0jG9yJD.99

If you don't believe in God............that's fine...............but don't try and misquote and twist what others say.

So he believes in science. Just not the...y'know...sciencey part of it.

Why do you think he isn't a Christian?

Probably the more appropriate question would be "What makes you think that he is?"

And I'm not trying to go all gatorman on you where I make a statement and think it's up to you to prove me wrong. I'll happily discuss why I think he's not a Christian, but I'm curious why you think he is.

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

This is the biblical standard, a lot of people saying' Lord, Lord', Think they are Christians but aren't my guess is that there are so few real Christians that a rapture would go unnoticed.

This is the biblical standard, a lot of people saying' Lord, Lord', Think they are Christians but aren't my guess is that there are so few real Christians that a rapture would go unnoticed.

Well, there you have it. Being a Christian just means a bunch of people who aren't really Christians standing around saying "Lord. Lord."

Nice job, ...lybob. You really cracked the code with that one. And here I thought you peaked with your whole Wall Street should pay for everyone's college because it's like a cigarette analogy.

The Blls beat the Colts and ...lybob cracked Christianity...all in 24 hours. Amazing.

It is a good thing then that you are not the Lord...............

It has been my experience (especially working in the medical field ) that the vast majority of humans are "Real Christians" including those of other faiths

Every day I thank God for helping me to see the foolishness of Liberals

P.S. I apologize for helping the Trump/GOP thread become this off track, but the lies about Dr. Carson needed to be addressed.

Edited by B-Man

Here, by the way, is what candidates ought to say when this subject comes up...................http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-beta-cons/289389/questions-candidates-roger-clegg

Probably the more appropriate question would be "What makes you think that he is?"

And I'm not trying to go all gatorman on you where I make a statement and think it's up to you to prove me wrong. I'll happily discuss why I think he's not a Christian, but I'm curious why you think he is.

I want to hear, why you think he isn't. Tell us! Tell us!

I hope I am stating the obvious, but all the presidential candidates are liars. As a voter, you just attempt to guess at which liar will best serve your interests.

It's more art than science.

Doesn't that mentality (not arguing the truth of it) speak to a bigger issue in the political system? Shouldn't our standards be higher?

I hope I am stating the obvious, but all the presidential candidates are liars. As a voter, you just attempt to guess at which liar will best serve your interests.

It's more art than science.

These guys just don't seem to get that obvious truth.

Doesn't that mentality (not arguing the truth of it) speak to a bigger issue in the political system? Shouldn't our standards be higher?

God you are an idiot. Who's standards? The entire electorate should suddenly just become super enlightened? No, that's not asking too much. :wallbash: You are a real light wieight

These guys just don't seem to get that obvious truth.

God you are an idiot. Who's standards? The entire electorate should suddenly just become super enlightened? No, that's not asking too much. :wallbash: You are a real light wieight

Asking not to be lied to is super enlightened!

Asking not to be lied to is super enlightened!

And unrealistic. First off, I'm reasonably sure you only care if Liberals lie. The Conservative lies are just mistakes, misstatements or a context issue. Secondly, politicians are simply humans.

Just how bad is it? According to a 2002 study conducted by the University of Massachusetts, 60% of adults can’t have a ten minute conversation without lying at least once. But even that number makes it sound better than it really is; those people in the study who did lie actually told an average of 3 lies during their brief chat. And I know you’re sitting there right now insisting you would be part of the 40% that didn’t lie. That’s what the liars in the study thought, too. When they watched the taped conversations back, they were shocked at how many fibs they had told.

He identifies as Christian, and as far as I know has a history of going to church and all that jazz. As far as I'm concerned, people are what they say they are when it comes to belief systems, because it's impossible to make strict rules on who qualifies as what exactly (different levels of how devout someone is, and if that qualifies them, etc).

I say all this as a non-theist, and would prefer a President that is also a non-theist, but understanding how incredibly unlikely it is.

Edited by Dorkington