The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Carson doesn't believe in evolution and is a young earth proponent - that's new or really really old, except not too old since he believes the earth is 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

Though this is a silly premise how will it affect his ability to be an effective President?

Though this is a silly premise how will it affect his ability to be an effective President?

An honest question...............(even though they are mis-stating Carson's views..............no surprise)

He's an accomplished, coherent, African-American Conservative.................to the Left he MUST be discredited.

Donald-Duck-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resize=580%2

Trump-Establishment-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resi

The fact that you find the idea of Obama lacking an understanding or respect for basic scientific principles too absurd for comment is telling. I don't know if it tells us more about your bias or education, but it tells us a lot about the objective value of your commentary.

Man, you read a lot into things.

Carson doesn't believe in evolution and is a young earth proponent - that's new or really really old, except not too old since he believes the earth is 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

I prefer my Presidents to have a basic understanding of science.

I was responding to the notion that Carson (supposedly) believes the earth is 6000 years old. I have a hard time taking anyone with those beliefs seriously.

If Obama believes the earth is 6000 years old, then that further dents my opinion of him. Just because I'm liberal doesn't mean I'm a huge Obama fan. I think he's been pretty disappointing in quite a few ways.

Says the billionaire with the stately manor.

:lol:

I prefer my Presidents to have a basic understanding of science.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

If only that Pediatric Neurosurgeon had a "basic" understanding of science.............................the Narrative" lives !

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

If only that Pediatric Neurosurgeon had a "basic" understanding of science.............................the Narrative" lives !

If a Democratic/liberal politician had the opinion that the earth was 6000 years old, but happened to be a doctor of medicine, what would you think of said candidate?

If a Democratic/liberal politician had the opinion that the earth was 6000 years old, but happened to be a doctor of medicine, what would you think of said candidate?

Except, that is what the Left is saying, not what he said.

What you (and others) really mean is..........you won't accept a man of Faith as a leader.

Carson, who is a practicing Christian, also appealed to the conservative values of the group and urged the audience to respect and defend the Christian faith traditions that helped black Americans weather the scourge of slavery, Jim Crow and segregation.

"We can't allow the movement that has denigrated faith and people of faith in God to also destroy our communities. If people like that want to destroy themselves, let them, but don't allow them to take us with them, because I think the relationship with God is a great relationship," he said.

The neurosurgeon who majored in psychology in his undergraduate years also challenged critics who mock him for not believing in evolution.

"Now some people would say, 'Carson is a strange guy; he's supposed to be a doctor but doesn't believe in science.' That's completely a bunch of crap," he said to laughter.

"You know, how can you become a renowned neurosurgeon without believing in science?" he asked matter-of-factly.

"It's just that I don't believe some of the stuff that people say is [fact]. That something came from nothing. I don't believe that. I don't believe that there could be a big bang and everything suddenly comes into perfect work all by itself," he said.

"And people say, 'Well, you believe the earth is 6,000 years old.' I didn't say I believe the earth is 6,000 years old. I do believe in the Bible though. The Bible says 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth,' period. Now we don't know how long lapsed between that period and the next sentence. It could have been five years, it could have been 50 billion years. We don't know the answer to that," he continued. "But I tell you something else: God is God, and He can create the world any age He wants to. It is very arrogant for any scientist to say, just because they can't explain it, it doesn't exist."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/ben-carson-defines-himself-and-makes-big-impression-at-nan-convention-in-nyc-pastor-a-r-bernard-says-hes-a-leader-137228/#EmakfhP0y0jG9yJD.99

If you don't believe in God............that's fine...............but don't try and misquote and twist what others say.

Except, that is what the Left is saying, not what he said.

What you (and others) really mean is..........you won't accept a man of Faith as a leader.

Carson, who is a practicing Christian, also appealed to the conservative values of the group and urged the audience to respect and defend the Christian faith traditions that helped black Americans weather the scourge of slavery, Jim Crow and segregation.

"We can't allow the movement that has denigrated faith and people of faith in God to also destroy our communities. If people like that want to destroy themselves, let them, but don't allow them to take us with them, because I think the relationship with God is a great relationship," he said.

The neurosurgeon who majored in psychology in his undergraduate years also challenged critics who mock him for not believing in evolution.

"Now some people would say, 'Carson is a strange guy; he's supposed to be a doctor but doesn't believe in science.' That's completely a bunch of crap," he said to laughter.

"You know, how can you become a renowned neurosurgeon without believing in science?" he asked matter-of-factly.

"It's just that I don't believe some of the stuff that people say is [fact]. That something came from nothing. I don't believe that. I don't believe that there could be a big bang and everything suddenly comes into perfect work all by itself," he said.

"And people say, 'Well, you believe the earth is 6,000 years old.' I didn't say I believe the earth is 6,000 years old. I do believe in the Bible though. The Bible says 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth,' period. Now we don't know how long lapsed between that period and the next sentence. It could have been five years, it could have been 50 billion years. We don't know the answer to that," he continued. "But I tell you something else: God is God, and He can create the world any age He wants to. It is very arrogant for any scientist to say, just because they can't explain it, it doesn't exist."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/ben-carson-defines-himself-and-makes-big-impression-at-nan-convention-in-nyc-pastor-a-r-bernard-says-hes-a-leader-137228/#EmakfhP0y0jG9yJD.99

If you don't believe in God............that's fine...............but don't try and misquote and twist what others say.

I didn't misquote what he said at all, I was going by the discussion in this thread. I'm glad to hear that he doesn't necessarily believe the world is 6000 years old. Unfortunate that he's not a believer in evolution, though.

As far as Presidents and faith? When's the last time a non-religious person was POTUS? I'm under the impression everyone who has been voted in is/was Christian/Catholic.

As far as Presidents and faith? When's the last time a non-religious person was POTUS? I'm under the impression everyone who has been voted in is/was Christian/Catholic.

Your current president is not a Christian.

I'm not suggesting he's something else, but he most certainly is not a Christian regardless of what he tells you.

I would think that they're a nutjob. Not because they think the world is 6000 years old but because they're a liberal. :D