The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

You say it like it's a bad thing. Do you honestly look at the Islamic world and see no problem with how they roll?

Yeah I say racism is a bad thing because it is. Sure there are elements over there that are a problem. As is our foreign policy driven by elements right here that are extremely problematic. You do for example happen to recall WE started a war of choice over bogus weapons claims that, depending on the source, resulted in the deaths of anywhere 200,000 to 500,000 people. Edited by JTSP

Yeah I say racism is a bad thing because it is. Sure there are elements over there that are a problem. As is our foreign policy driven by elements right here that are extremely problematic. You do for example happen to recall WE started a war of choice over bogus weapons claims that, depending on the source, resulted in the deaths of anywhere 200,000 to 500,000 people.

Islam isn't a race. Try again.

Sounds like he's trying to pick up support from B-man, LA bills, Chef, and the other nuts on this board.

Says the guy desperate to have all Jews extinguished from the Earth.

Frankly, I find it funny that nutbags like you insist we must love and accept all Muslims for being wonderful people of peace, and then get your SoProg panties in a wad when someone suggests Barry actually is a Muslim.

If Muslims are such wonderful people of peace, whatcha so upset about, Willis? It's a compliment, no?

Oh, wait. Is this one of those SoProg things where if someone questions Obama policy, it's racism, but if Biden says Barry is different from most blacks because he's clean and articulate, it's rhetorical flourish?

Aren't you one of the boards bigger islamophobes?

No. Where did you get that idea? Oh that's right I'm a Consevative so must be a gun toting misogynistic racist religious nut job Islamophobe. I get that right?

Well I am one of those things.

Edited by Chef Jim

I know that, but racism is the accepted shorthand for describing discrimination. But hey its a convenient pedantic dodge when you dont want to avoid responding to the substance of a post.

There was no substance to your post. This follow up clarifies it if there ever was any doubt to begin with.

You claimed that it's racist (or it's equivalent) to have misgivings about a religion, then somehow tried to support that belief by pointing to the Iraq war.

If you're into authoritarian theocracies that punish homosexuality, prostitution, and drug use with death then that's your business, but let's not pretend the only basis for "discriminating" against such a philosophy is something analogous to racism.

The one and only Mark Steyn's response to the fake outrage Obama/muslim that has enveloped all of the U.S. Newsrooms (and sadly, this thread)

Get Lost, You Palace-Guard Creeps

by Mark Steyn

As the week ended, Obama's palace guard in the American media were demanding that every other Republican candidate distance himself from Donald Trump's failure to correct, among thousands of attendees at his events, one who apparently is under the reprehensible illusion that the President is a Muslim.

Any candidate who plays this game with the Obamamedia is a fool.

{snip}

There are several entirely reasonable responses one could make to the gentlemen of the press:

1) Unlike Hillary Clinton's under-attended "rallies", a voter doesn't have to undergo a background check or sign a piece of paper pledging to support her in the election before being permitted into a Republican candidate's presence. So at our campaign events there are all kinds of people with all kinds of views - and it goes without saying I won't agree with them all. If you find that odd, maybe you've been covering Hillary too long.

2) Why does one Republican candidate's "scandal" get hung around the neck of every other guy's? I'll answer your question to me about Donald Trump's gaffe after you ask Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley, Lincoln Chafee and Joe Biden about Hillary Clinton's server and how she handled Benghazi. Till then, get lost.

3) In the normal course of events, the President - who is supposed to serve as president of all the people, not just the half of the country that voted for him - should command a certain respect. But this particular president has compared the members of the loyal opposition to terrorists and to the more hardcore Iranian ayatollahs. And none of you media bigfeet huffing and puffing about lèse-majesté gave a crap about that. So, if you'll forgive me, as someone designated a terrorist and ayatollah by Obama, I'm disinclined to rise to defend the President's amour propre. Go hector someone else.

4) As to respect for the office, the President is so respectful of the papacy that his White House reception for Pope Francis will be filled with gay bishops, transgender activists and pro-abortion nuns. Apparently His Holiness is expected to have a thicker skin about dissenting voices than King Barack.

5) If I understand you shrill little twerps correctly, I'm supposed to point out to this guy in New Hampshire that the President is not a Muslim but a Christian. Well, his father and step-father were both Muslims, which means, as far as Islam is concerned, he was born a Muslim. Has he renounced it? My fellow candidate Ted Cruz entered this world in Calgary, Alberta in 1970, which means that he was born a British subject and a citizen of Canada. I don't suppose the Queen cares about that one way or the other - unlike your average Islamic scholar in Qom or Cairo. Yet you media types made such a big deal out of it that Ted was obliged to write to Ottawa to renounce even any theoretical Canadianness. Have you inquired of your buddy the President whether he's done anything similarly clarifying?

6) As to whether he's a Christian, have you asked him whether he has attended even semi-regularly any church other than that of Jeremiah ("God damn America") Wright? A man is free to attend the Westboro Baptist Church but if he chooses to do so I'm not obligated to defend his Christianity. And frankly, whatever the President's personal faith, there is no dispute that his leadership of the western world has been an utter catastrophe for Christians around the planet. Some of the oldest Christian communities on earth have been entirely extinguished on Obama's watch: in Mosul, Iraq, which was an American protectorate on the day he took office, not a single Christian remains. Every single one of them is dead or fled. So, instead of jumping through your preposterous hoops and speaking up for the most powerful man in the world, I would rather speak up for the powerless - for the Nigerian schoolgirls, for the Yazidi, for the Copts in Egypt, and for all the other beleaguered Christian communities in the world this feckless president has set alight and watched burn.

7) Oh, and one other thing. This kind of super-fake-o lame-ass nothing controversy that you dowager duchesses of the press are having the vapors about is precisely why the political process has fallen into such disrepute and your own industry is bankrupt. No real person cares about this "scandal". So, unless you've got a question about the economy or immigration or something real, screw off outta here.

http://www.steynonline.com/7188/get-lost-you-palace-guard-creep

I think that I prefer #3 and #7

Edited by B-Man

The one and only Mark Steyn's response to the fake outrage Obama/muslim that has enveloped all of the U.S. Newsrooms (and sadly, this thread)

Get Lost, You Palace-Guard Creeps

by Mark Steyn

http://www.steynonline.com/7188/get-lost-you-palace-guard-creep

I think that I prefer #3 and #7

Love Mark Steyn. Great piece.

Anyway, Trump has a 2nd amendment paper out:

NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.

Me likey that part

I thought he would win! The summer of Trump has changed everything

It is interesting that the three hottest candidates have zero Executive experience in Public Service, and zero public service experience whatsoever... That's a pretty intriguing message...

It is interesting that the three hottest candidates have zero Executive experience in Public Service, and zero public service experience whatsoever... That's a pretty intriguing message...

i think we're going to start to see the field narrow itself down as lower tier candidates and flavours of the month start to feel the money crunch and fall in line behind Bush, Rubio, and more viable candidates than Trump.

i think we're going to start to see the field narrow itself down as lower tier candidates and flavours of the month start to feel the money crunch and fall in line behind Bush, Rubio, and more viable candidates than Trump.

it will be interesting to see who donors start coalescing around in the next month if so. Bush has a long record of experience and deep ties to political system, but that name is gonna get him slung through so much garbage and he is gonna have to navigate the dynasty label very skillfully. Rubio is highly skilled politically, doesn't have the baggage Jeb has, but will voters overlooks his immigration stance and moderate stances on other issues?

To me, Rubio has a better chance with Indy voters IMO.

it will be interesting to see who donors start coalescing around in the next month if so. Bush has a long record of experience and deep ties to political system, but that name is gonna get him slung through so much garbage and he is gonna have to navigate the dynasty label very skillfully. Rubio is highly skilled politically, doesn't have the baggage Jeb has, but will voters overlooks his immigration stance and moderate stances on other issues?

To me, Rubio has a better chance with Indy voters IMO.

Though he wouldn't necessarily be my choice, my guess is Kasich ends up the nominee.

Though he wouldn't necessarily be my choice, my guess is Kasich ends up the nominee.

He seemed completely unfazed by reality during the debate and the three words that came to mind were "early onset dementia", which I will grant is a better and more entertaining option than either Bush or Clinton.