The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

In just 12 minutes, Gator's entire perspective can change from admittedly not knowing much about Trump to concluding Trump's campaign is now "historical" and "has legs". :lol:

Wow, how can you be so stupid? I said I never watched (past tense) to saying I've been watching this summer. When was he tv show on? You just try too hard. Are you strung out on drugs or something?

Based on data, yes, but also on your assumptions about turnout and vote share. We already have a bet, and I fully anticipate you paying me if it's a Donald vs Hillary matchup.

It's not just my assumptions its also based on historical data. I fudged with the numbers and gave Trump an unprecedented white turn out, higher than normal African American share and higher than what just about everyone agrees would be his Latino turnout.

Your hypothesis is based off Rainbows and Unicorns. If you are so confident, why don't you up the bet that he'll win period, regardless of what happens in the primaries. He has a commanding lead, let's make that bet.

Edited by Magox

It's not just my assumptions its also based on historical data. I fudged with the numbers and gave Trump an unprecedented white turn out, higher than normal African American share and higher than what just about everyone agrees would be his Latino turnout.

Your hypothesis is based off Rainbows and Unicorns. If you are so confident, why don't you up the bet that he'll win period, regardless of what happens in the primaries. He has a commanding lead, let's make that bet.

lol, why should I bet you at 1-to-1 odds when I can go online and bet Trump to win the presidency at 16-to-1? (And I already bet him when it was 25-to-1)

if you want to give me 16-to-1, we can make that bet.

sneaky Magox, trying to game the system. get out of here with your anchor bet

sneaky

Jorge Ramos Commits Journalism, Gets Immediately Attacked By Journalists:

Here we find, yet again, the enforcement of unwritten, very recent, distinctively corporatized rules of supposed “neutrality” and faux objectivity which all Real Journalists must obey, upon pain of being expelled from the profession. A Good Journalist must pretend they have no opinions, feign utter indifference to the outcome of political debates, never take any sides, be utterly devoid of any human connection to or passion for the issues they cover, and most of all, have no role to play whatsoever in opposing even the most extreme injustices.

Thus: you do not call torture “torture” if the U.S. government falsely denies that it is; you do not say that the chronic shooting of unarmed black citizens by the police is a major problem since not everyone agrees that it is; and you do not object when a major presidential candidate stokes dangerous nativist resentments while demanding mass deportation of millions of people. These are the strictures that have utterly neutered American journalism, drained it of its vitality and core purpose, and ensured that it does little other than serve those who wield the greatest power and have the highest interest in preserving the status quo.

What is more noble for a journalist to do: confront a dangerous, powerful billionaire-demagogue spouting hatemongering nonsense about mass deportation, or sit by quietly and pretend to have no opinions on any of it and that “both sides” are equally deserving of respect and have equal claims to validity? As Ramos put it simply, in what should not even need to be said: “I’m a reporter. My job is to ask questions. What’s ‘totally out of line’ is to eject a reporter from a press conference for asking questions.”

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/08/26/jorge-ramos-commits-journalism-gets-immediately-attacked-journalists/

Jorge Ramos Commits Journalism, Gets Immediately Attacked By Journalists:

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/08/26/jorge-ramos-commits-journalism-gets-immediately-attacked-journalists/

He wasn't ejected for asking questions. He was ejected for interrupting other reporters. He would have been removed from any press conference for acting how he did.

He wasn't ejected for asking questions. He was ejected for interrupting other reporters. He would have been removed from any press conference for acting how he did.

No man, its a conspiracy! Get a tinfoil hat and put it on. You'll see truth then

The interesting bits are about the backlash and what it says about the status of our fourth estate.

No man, its a conspiracy! Get a tinfoil hat and put it on. You'll see truth then

Question: Do you still believe the Federal Reserve is an official part of the US Government, or have you finally concluded its a privately operated entity?

Question: Do you still believe the Federal Reserve is an official part of the US Government, or have you finally concluded its a privately operated entity?

Why would you even ask that? You know what he's going to answer. Why do you want to resurrect that insipid "argument?" What the !@#$ is wrong with you? :wallbash:

lol, why should I bet you at 1-to-1 odds when I can go online and bet Trump to win the presidency at 16-to-1? (And I already bet him when it was 25-to-1)

if you want to give me 16-to-1, we can make that bet.

sneaky Magox, trying to game the system. get out of here with your anchor bet

sneaky

Yeah, but you have Rainbows and Unicorns on your side. Take the bet.

In just 12 minutes, Gator's entire perspective can change from admittedly not knowing much about Trump to concluding Trump's campaign is now "historical" and "has legs". :lol:

This is the same dumbass who believes going after companies who hire illegals would cost the companies too much money and hurt the US in the global market...while insisting the US institute a $15/hr minimum wage.

SoProg logic. It's all the rave these days.

This is the same dumbass who believes going after companies who hire illegals would cost the companies too much money and hurt the US in the global market...while insisting the US institute a $15/hr minimum wage.

SoProg logic. It's all the rave these days.

There's nothing to stop Trump from reversing his stance on immigration, once he wins the Republican primary. But not before, because, apparently his stance on immigration will win him the Republican nomination.

Watch his rallies, which are on TV like all the time now.

He's a forceful personality. He's arrogant but somehow charming at the same time. He seems like he has strong leadership skills; watch how he handled Jorge Ramos.

He has creative ideas. Taking ISIS' oil fields to give some money to the families of soldiers that died in Iraq? I like that. Charging Japan and Germany for our military servicemen stationed there? Hey, why not. We have a 19 trillion dollar debt.

Here's what I believe many Trump supporters will be saying less than a year from now.

He could have won the nomination. He got off to a great start in the campaign in terms of gaining initial support. He had everyone's attention for a few months and many found his straight talk approach refreshing and exciting. He had the opportunity to win over many that initially didn't like him. In the end he wasn't "presidential" enough during the campaign and on some policies he was just too simplistic and coarse. He was constantly attacked and fought back with a lot of passion but too often did so without a lot of class. He should have reflected on his business and negotiation experience more often and how that would relate to running government better and working with the House and Senate.

Edited by keepthefaith

Here's what I believe many Trump supporters will be saying less than a year from now.

He could have won the nomination. He got off to a great start in the campaign in terms of gaining initial support. He had everyone's attention for a few months and many found his straight talk approach refreshing and exciting. He had the opportunity to win over many that initially didn't like him. In the end he wasn't "presidential" enough during the campaign and on some policies he was just too simplistic and coarse. He was constantly attacked and fought back with a lot of passion but too often did so without a lot of class. He should have reflected on his business and negotiation experience more often and how that would relate to running government better and working with the House and Senate.

That would involve a lot of discipline, self introspection and reevaluating a position. Something that's never been in Trump's bag of tricks.

Far better to rage on Twittersphere