The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

it actually was. it was about self interest. and I replied that it's generally not in a students financial self interest to become a scientist. it's about passion and hunger for knowledge. you wouldn't understand.

Again, that's not what he said, and you doubling down on the misunderstanding cements your ignorance of ... everything.

He's no partisan putz.

He's an academic partisan putz!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm dumbfounded of the undying devotion his followers have for Trump. I read the comments section of articles often to try to get a gauge of things. I will say this, this is the first time I've seen Trump's supporters kind of show anything bordering on criticism, regarding this war with FOX. I just hope that Kelly continues to show things that sheds a true light on his positions. It's important that people understand them and not allow him to just get away with the things he says. The mainstream media, in all honesty has really given him a pass. Yes, there has been criticism, but it's sort of like when Joe Biden says something, they shrug and chuckle it off as "there goes Uncle Joe again". Same with Trump, they give him a pass. You and I both know that ends once it becomes a two person race. If he were to manage to win the nomination, there would be no more passes. The press would turn on him in a big way.

He's no partisan putz.

He's an academic partisan putz!

And those are the most superior type! They're elitists and a legend in their own mind. Just ask them about their superiority.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm dumbfounded of the undying devotion his followers have for Trump. I read the comments section of articles often to try to get a gauge of things. I will say this, this is the first time I've seen Trump's supporters kind of show anything bordering on criticism, regarding this war with FOX. I just hope that Kelly continues to show things that sheds a true light on his positions. It's important that people understand them and not allow him to just get away with the things he says. The mainstream media, in all honesty has really given him a pass. Yes, there has been criticism, but it's sort of like when Joe Biden says something, they shrug and chuckle it off as "there goes Uncle Joe again". Same with Trump, they give him a pass. You and I both know that ends once it becomes a two person race. If he were to manage to win the nomination, there would be no more passes. The press would turn on him in a big way.

You Think they won't treat Hillary that way too?

If Megyn were a Liberal and Trumped retweeted a post calling her 'a bimbo,' he'd be done.

But where is NOW? Where are the voices of Lena Dunham and Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi and and Gloria Steinem?

Unfortunately, the party that thinks it's fighting a war on women only want to fight that war when it matters to their women.

And those are the most superior type! They're elitists and a legend in their own mind. Just ask them about their superiority.

You Think they won't treat Hillary that way too?

You think they would treat Trump better than Hillary? C'mon now.

Not better. I'd settle for equal in that case. But I think debates between those two would be a hoot. It would be political theatre of the absurd the likes of which we haven't seen since D'Amato Vs. Schumer.

For the record - I don't want to see that come about.

Rest assured, if Trump somehow wins the nomination, the mainstream media will have the field day of field days with him and his unapologetic nature will make this the greatest media circus of all time.

Edited by keepthefaith

The interesting thing is that I think there's a decent chance Malkin will vote for Trump. As all long-time readers of Malkin know, she's a border hawk.

Magox, since you love Domenech opinions so much, check this out: http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/24/is-ted-cruz-the-new-frontrunner-for-the-nomination/

That is the end-game I'm hoping for, but I know the GOP is too stupid to do it. They're going to shove Jeb down our throats and have him get trounced in the general elections.

Nobody wants to comment on Domenech and Allahpundit's theory that the GOP will eventually have to turn to Cruz to bridge the divide?

I am very skeptical that will happen, but I'll be rooting for it. A united front of base + cuckservatives will be very hard for the Dems to beat.

And don't give me any of that crap about Cruz being unelectable.

They will have Presidential debates, right?

Can anyone see Cruz NOT destroying Hillary or Biden?

Nobody wants to comment on Domenech and Allahpundit's theory that the GOP will eventually have to turn to Cruz to bridge the divide?

I am very skeptical that will happen, but I'll be rooting for it. A united front of base + cuckservatives will be very hard for the Dems to beat.

And don't give me any of that crap about Cruz being unelectable.

They will have Presidential debates, right?

Can anyone see Cruz NOT destroying Hillary or Biden?

He's more electable than Trump, that's for sure. I'd be interested in seeing some head to head match ups vs Hillary. I fear that he wears his religion on his sleeves too much to be electable in a general election. I could be wrong, he makes good arguments but none the less, much of the electorate gets turned off by this.

He's more electable than Trump, that's for sure. I'd be interested in seeing some head to head match ups vs Hillary. I fear that he wears his religion on his sleeves too much to be electable in a general election. I could be wrong, he makes good arguments but none the less, much of the electorate gets turned off by this.

Those head-to-heads are meaningless this far out. Just imagine two or three presidential debates with Cruz calling her out on her scandals, and every time the moderator tries to give him a gotcha, Cruz deftly spins out of it with a good, conservative answer no matter the topic.

He's too good a debater and her trust factor is too low for Cruz to not be a huge favorite, imo.

If the GOP actually wants to win the presidency, backing Cruz is one avenue of compromise they can take.

Those head-to-heads are meaningless this far out. Just imagine two or three presidential debates with Cruz calling her out on her scandals, and every time the moderator tries to give him a gotcha, Cruz deftly spins out of it with a good, conservative answer no matter the topic.

He's too good a debater and her trust factor is too low for Cruz to not be a huge favorite, imo.

If the GOP actually wants to win the presidency, backing Cruz is one avenue of compromise they can take.

You'd never be able to vote for Cruz, what with having to devote all your time towards making him prove that he and his family aren't illegal immigrants, lest he be subject to your gas chambers.

I find Michelle Malkin suitable for sexual activity too. Even moreso than Megyn Kelly. That's partially because I'm racist though.

Actually, I'm not much of a Malkin fan because every time I hear her speak, I feel like I'm getting henpecked by an annoying valley girl.

But she's a strong voice for the conservative movement and she has a crapload of followers. Going after her accomplishes absolutely zero except to provide more fuel to the left to talk about the clown car.

Trump is completely unhinged at this point. He's a marketing machine, but he's a complete phucktard marketing machine.

Edited by LABillzFan

I find Michelle Malkin suitable for sexual activity too. Even moreso than Megyn Kelly. That's partially because I'm racist though.

Malkin's a tiger. Now if she also had a british accent too, I'd be hooked. That's a rare combination Asian and British.

I think we know what to expect from Trump as the pattern develops. About every two weeks he's gonna lob a bomb that drops near his own feet. You read that Kelly stuff and the only explanation has to be alcohol.

Rubio stands a better chance at getting more people in total to turn out to vote for him. Every single view he has is about as conservative as Cruz's other than immigration. Rubio's views on immigration are inline with what the majority of the American public wants, which NOW he supports border security first and then a pathway to legal status. He is the best bet.

Malkin's a tiger. Now if she also had a british accent too, I'd be hooked. That's a rare combination Asian and British.

I think we know what to expect from Trump as the pattern develops. About every two weeks he's gonna lob a bomb that drops near his own feet. You read that Kelly stuff and the only explanation has to be alcohol.

That's incorrect. Trump does not drink, because of what it did to his brother Fred. And that's the scary part, he acts like that sober. Edited by GG

Trump to Lindsey Graham on twitter...

Congrats @LindseyGrahamSC. You just got 4 points in your home state of SC—far better than zero nationally. You’re only 26 pts behind me.

Ouch!!!

Ho hum..............absolutely nothing different than what he's done every day for the past month

Criticize Walker, Carson, Rubio and everyone else in the GOP.

Please wake me when he consistently talks about Clinton, Obama, Sanders and what they are doing wrong.

He is smart enough to not take them on directly in any major way, because he knows his 'status' with the media will change immediately.

Trump is out of control! He's saying that Ford is building an auto plant in Mexico and having the illegals drive the cars to the US! Ha ha, I'm not making this up!

Well I guess it's better than them stealing our cars here and selling them in Mexico. :devil:

lol at Trump deporting that Univision reporter

I love Trump so much. And he did expedite it for the guy to get back in.

Already keeping campaign promises

Rubio stands a better chance at getting more people in total to turn out to vote for him. Every single view he has is about as conservative as Cruz's other than immigration. Rubio's views on immigration are inline with what the majority of the American public wants, which NOW he supports border security first and then a pathway to legal status. He is the best bet.

I dunno. These Floridians seem really upset at him about lying during his Senate campaign: http://www.marcorubioamnestyman.com/

Two things happened that would set the course for a Rubio victory. The immigration issue came up and Charlie Crist said he supported amnesty. When Rubio saw the reaction of citizens to Crist’s support of amnesty, he knew all he had to do to seal the deal was take an anti-amnesty stand and he would be the next senator from Florida. After all, being anti-amnesty had worked for his predecessor, Senator Mel Martinez, who ran on an anti-amnesty platform, then went on to join Senator McCain in drafting the 2007 amnesty bill. The similarities between Martinez’s actions and Rubio has earned Rubio the nickname “Little Mel.”

I'll mull him over

Pardon me if I don't take anything serious from a website called Marco Rubio amnesty man. I live in south Florida and I can tell you that I have never once heard Rubio referred to as Little Mel.

And I have no doubt that kicking out the burrito eating beaner played well with you guys.

Edited by Magox

If he were near as smart as he thinks he is, he'd shut up and listen to the way Carly Fiorina handles things. When she rises up the ranks in the next few months, he's going to have to do more than call her a pig or suggest he'd like to see her on her knees.

Her discussion with Couric on global warming cooling climate change is making the rounds lately, and it's simply brilliant. Spend 5 minutes to see how you get a point across.

Coal provides 39% of electricity in this nation, not 50% as Carly claims.

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=427&t=3

Her Clean Coal angle is extremely 1999ish. She's from Virginia, though, so, yeah, coal.

Ha, ha, ha! She made the wind turbines slaughtering birds argument! Oh Carly! :doh:

Flip flop flip flop

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-praised-megyn-for-debate-moderating-in-2011-great-job-i-could-never-beat-you/

Kelly asked, “Do you really think you’re a better moderator than I am?”

Trump responded, “No, I could never beat you. That wouldn’t even be close. That would be no contest. You have done a great job, by the way, and I mean it.”

http://www.redstate.com/2015/08/25/awesome-terrible-majesty-donald-trump-press-conference/

He opened the conference by yelling at Univision anchor Jorge Ramos, who he claimed asked a question without being called on. He continued to yell at Ramos at some length about being out of turn, then turned to one of his campaign staffers, nodded, and pointed at Ramos, whereupon the staffer removed Ramos from the conference. (Note: I would have zero problem on principle with throwing Ramos out of a press conference on the merits).

The next reporter’s question, naturally, was, “Why did you have him thrown out?” Amazingly, Trump responded to this question, I’m not kidding, by answering, “I didn’t have him thrown out, you’ll have to ask security, whoever they are.” When reporters pressed him with the obvious fact that the person who had him removed was on his staff (he appeared to be wearing a Trump button even, but I can’t swear to that), he immediately changed his tune to say that it was because the reporter was a “highly emotional person,” with no mention of the fact that 30 seconds earlier he had been denying that he had Ramos thrown out at all. ...

Trump seemed particularly fixated on Jeb Bush, belittling his standings in the polls and calling him a “low energy person.” He also said, “You know, Jeb Bush has raised $114 million and no one knows who any of his donors are, you can’t find it out!” – apparently unaware that the FEC and numerous other sites contain easily searchable online databases of campaign donors.

When a politician goofs once, it’s easy for that to get stuck in the feedback loop of the media and other candidates.

Watching Donald Trump speak and answer questions, though, is like watching a billion targets appear in the sky all at once, for a political opponent. Each thing he says is so bizarre, or ill informed, or demonstrably false, or un presidential in tone or character, that it becomes impossible to know which target to lock on to or focus on. And to the extent that he makes a policy statement, it is so hopelessly vague and ludicrous that it’s impossible to know where to begin, at least within the context of the 30-second soundbite that the modern political consumer requires (and chances are, he will say something diametrically opposed to it before the press conference is over anyway).

Donald Trump is the political equivalent of chaff, a billion shiny objects all floating through the sky at once, ephemeral, practically without substance, serving almost exclusively to distract from more important things – yet nonetheless completely impossible to ignore.

Coal provides 39% of electricity in this nation, not 50% as Carly claims.

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=427&t=3

Her Clean Coal angle is extremely 1999ish. She's from Virginia, though, so, yeah, coal.Ha, ha, ha! She made the wind turbines slaughtering birds argument! Oh Carly! :doh:

Wow. Why do you hate women? Have you always hated women? Do you hate women as much as you hate blacks like Carson? Because you seem to hate them both A LOT.

(No wonder weak minds lean SoProg. Their logic is so simple to mimic.)

Trump is out of control! He's saying that Ford is building an auto plant in Mexico and having the illegals drive the cars to the US! Ha ha, I'm not making this up!

That may be true as NAFTA now allows for Mexican truck drivers to transport goods over the border and to their destination in the U.S.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/headlines/20150109-mexican-truckers-allowed-u.s.-trips.ece

That may be true as NAFTA now allows for Mexican truck drivers to transport goods over the border and to their destination in the U.S.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/headlines/20150109-mexican-truckers-allowed-u.s.-trips.ece

You've really got to watch out for those Mexican truck drivers with well paying jobs, abandoning their well paying jobs and deciding to start their life with nothing in a new country.

Did I say starting with nothing? I meant mucho, mucho benefits. I mean, they'll practically be rich on the $6 per day food stamps that they won't be getting. They'll live like kings on the Medicaid that they won't qualify for. Those lucky bastards.

Why, oh Lordy, wasn't I born a Mexican truck driver?