Sheldon Richardson suspended 4 games

I see your point. I don't think it would be legal to drive and smoke...same as alcohol.

Of course, but it would seem reasonable to assume if it was legal the smoking and driving would increase more than it's likely it would stay the same or decrease.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would surprise me. As bad as it is, an all pro would need to literally be banned or have multiple years in jail for that to happen

Agreed. He may get a year suspension tacked on to the four games. I doubt his career is over. The NFL, however, has to be shaking their heads, going how stupid can these guys be? ALL of us have been saying that for years, but it really does seem like it is getting worse.

Not to mention, you can only imagine that it was a friend of his, the dad of the 12 year old in the car with him. Maybe not but it's an easy assumption. How the hell does a dad let his 12 year-old in a car, with the guys smoking weed, and racing 143 mph? That guy should be put in jail. Jesus.

per the link, rumor is he may never play again according to 3 NFL sources

http://nfltraderumors.co/jets-dl-sheldon-richardson-charged-with-resisting-arrest/

Listening to some jets fans the source on this info is not to be trusted. Mike freeman is to them as whatshisname may my daughter be hit by a car guy if Shawne Merriman doesn't get in trouble.

Oh.

@SBNationNFL: Sheldon Richardson gave a horribly timed quote to media an hour before news of his arrest http://t.co/xTJ75Jtjn6http://t.co/tCJW5aEkdA

I assume that he had already told his teammates about this arrest. I know the Jets found out today. But obviously Shellie knew he was in serious trouble and this arrest was not going to go away. I have to believe he said it before the word came out in the news, but that he meant after the arrest thing, you are not going to see my name.

The League should mandate Pintos for all these guys. Stop the 143 mph madness! Beware every time you get in a car, it just may explode. The Bentley gave him a false sense of security, and the ability to go up steep hills.

Listening to some jets fans the source on this info is not to be trusted. Mike freeman is to them as whatshisname may my daughter be hit by a car guy if Shawne Merriman doesn't get in trouble.

Pat Moran's resume would need a 10 foot ladder to sniff Mike Freeman's resume's farts--- from Wikipedia:

"Mike Freeman is a columnist for Bleacher Report. He has previously written for the New York Times, Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe and Florida Times-Union and CBSSports.com. He is also the author of five books, including a biography on Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden. His book ESPN: The Uncensored History, which alleged sexual harassment, drug use and gambling, was the first critical study of ESPN.[1][2]"

It disgusts me that the league doesn't kick these idiots out of the league. They should also be required to give all of the money they made to charity for being so stupid and careless. Easily could have killed himself or others that night. Turning your lights off at night while and speeding over 130 mph? Insanity. Put the man in jail. Playing in the NFL is a privilege and these guys take it for granted. It just blows my mind. He will get his suspension and then return to making tens of millions of dollars. Makes me sick

Pat Moran's resume would need a 10 foot ladder to sniff Mike Freeman's resume's farts--- from Wikipedia:

"Mike Freeman is a columnist for Bleacher Report. He has previously written for the New York Times, Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe and Florida Times-Union and CBSSports.com. He is also the author of five books, including a biography on Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden. His book ESPN: The Uncensored History, which alleged sexual harassment, drug use and gambling, was the first critical study of ESPN.[1][2]"

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2004/01/Issue-77/Sports-Media/True-Lies-Freeman-Resigns-Indy-Post-Due-To-False-Resume.aspx?

Check this link. Also don't shoot the messenger. Seriously though, he is a long way from out of the league. I'd be more than happy to make a wager on that. Signature line, screen name, you name it...

Edited by section122