[closed]What's up with Goodwin?

gjv001

Rex told them to take some time away from football before TC. He took it to heart.

I don't see the problem. He's staying in shape without risk of injury. Also nothing says he's not reading his playbook in his downtime.

No risk at all. I've never seen a player get hurt in ota or tc either that was career ending.

Minimal risk of injury (is that better)? I am unsure the risk of running on a track.

Seriously? I don't know that it really matter though as he will be challenged to make the team with the constant injuries imo. Wait constant injuries. You're right. What could happen lol

Seriously? I don't know that it really matter though as he will be challenged to make the team with the constant injuries imo. Wait constant injuries. You're right. What could happen lol

I agree he will be challenged to make the roster, but I have him making the 53. I don't get the how of him getting injured at a track meet. OTAs and TC are another thing, but is Goodwin's participation in track meets actually a thing posters are worried about. I think others need to get Yolo's chicken little avatar.

Edited by YattaOkasan

After his last tenth place finish he has visions of grandeur that he will win gold at Worlds and make olympic team (make podium because London olympics had crappy results) and a pro bowl(or at least a NFL) wide receiver. Looking forward to his contribution this year. As an olympian, not as a Bill!

"American football" (what the world calls it, to differentiate it from "real football") is a small stage compared to Olympic track and field. Goodwin is most likely the best pure athlete in the NFL, and track provides an expression of that talent.

Furthermore, Rex Ryan appreciates and celebrates sports far removed from the one he coaches. He regularly comments on hockey, boxing, basketball, wrestling (the real stuff), and baseball. It's safe to assume that Goodwin has Rex's blessing in this.

Edited by Blue on Blue

I agree he will be challenged to make the roster, but I have him making the 53. I don't get the how of him getting injured at a track meet. OTAs and TC are another thing, but is Goodwin's participation in track meets actually a thing posters are worried about. I think others need to get Yolo's chicken little avatar.

Maybe he knows he is challenged to make the roster and is giving Rex something to think about. Or he just has the longing to try it. He came fourth which doesn't make the cut from what I gather so no harm done anyway.

"American football" (what the world calls it, to differentiate it from "real football") is a small stage compared to Olympic track and field. Goodwin is most likely the best pure athlete in the NFL, and track provides an expression of that talent.

Furthermore, Rex Ryan appreciates and celebrates sports far removed from the one he coaches. He regularly comments on hockey, boxing, basketball, wrestling (the real stuff), and baseball. It's safe to assume that Goodwin has Rex's blessing in this.

yep. guys an athlete doing athlete stuff. guys like top 10 in the world at the long jump. top 10. olympics are big for these guys..

2 things. If Goodwin is on the bubble in Buffalo, why waste a shot at Olympic glory? And second, as soon as he's done in Beijing, do you think he won't have half a dozen offers from other teams? I'm worried he'll end up in New England where he'll be Brady's new Randy Moss.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.