The Fred Jackson Interview

I think Fred is the best pass-play blocking back in the league. Also in the top tier for yards-after-contact. These traits along with being a top veteran presence in the locker room, and overall team embassador...for me is enough to warrant him a roster spot. Any team would kill for these attributes.

UMC, I'm with you.

I've owned a lot of Bills t-shirts and sweat shirts over the past 40 years but only one Bills jersey: #22.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His number should go up on the wall someday, along with Kyle's.

agreed

I got away from the Bills from about 96 to 2004, but that's when my re-awakening began (helluva time, right?)

But for somebody who's doubled down on his fandom from '04 until now, I think Jackson and Williams will forever be my two favorite Bills.

also agreed. I bailed on the Bills for the longest time. ( thats a story for another day and btw i just quit he NFL really)

In my span of true fandom its Fred and Kyle who embody the spirit of the Game. keep on keeping on no matter what the odds.

UMC, I'm with you.

I've owned a lot of Bills t-shirts and sweat shirts over the past 40 years but only one Bills jersey: #22.

My Man Hondo keeping it real

When Freddy was jawboning about Marshwn, all I could think of was a TD that Marshwn ran in from (I think) 10+ yards, with Freddy just pancaking the only defender with a chance to make the stop...

After the play, Marshwn trotted behind Freddy, bowing to him repeatedly all the way to the sidelines...

Obviously it was a while ago, and being of 'advancing age' I have no idea who the opponent was, etc. (I'm sure someone here will know off the top of his head). My favorite Freddy moment.

edit: My favorite Freddy moment TO DATE...

Edited by Rhode Island Red

When Freddy was jawboning about Marshwn, all I could think of was a TD that Marshwn ran in from (I think) 10+ yards, with Freddy just pancaking the only defender with a chance to make the stop...

After the play, Marshwn trotted behind Freddy, bowing to him repeatedly all the way to the sidelines...

Obviously it was a while ago, and being of 'advancing age' I have no idea who the opponent was, etc. (I'm sure someone here will know off the top of his head). My favorite Freddy moment.

edit: My favorite Freddy moment TO DATE...

Fred and Marshawn have remained very close friends since Marshawn left the Bills. They talk all the time to each other and Fred mentions it a lot. It's one of the reasons I personally don't think Marshawn is a dick. It seems to me that a guy like Fred wouldn't really be that close to him if he was.

I like how it's not 'A Fred Jackson Interview,' but rather 'The Fred Jackson Interview.'

Fred is the man, and one of the best Bills of all time. FJ and Kyle Williams will go down as the two players that helped to carry Bills fans through what was otherwise a pretty dark era for the franchise. Both wall material.

And Eric Wood. Name another reliable player on O beside Fredex over the last five-six years.

And Eric Wood. Name another reliable player on O beside Fredex over the last five-six years.

actually, i have cooled on eric wood ever since the roster voted for team captains last year, and then marrone decided he actually wanted wood to be a captain as well, so he just... made him a captain.

i was not aware that happened!

i am fairly certain it did, but am struggling to find that fact stated in any articles about the naming of last year's captains.

i think i remember john murphy explaining it on his show last summer...

in any case i will look further into it tonight, unless someone else can confirm?

Just ask JJ Watt if he thinks Freddie is too old.. :)

Tim-

BOOOOOOOOOOM

great post!

I love Freddie. I just hope he has managed to escape the quicksand he was running in last year.

you meant the groin injury?

i am fairly certain it did, but am struggling to find that fact stated in any articles about the naming of last year's captains.

i think i remember john murphy explaining it on his show last summer...

in any case i will look further into it tonight, unless someone else can confirm?

Thats not why I have cooled one Eric Wood.

I watched him last year.

im ok with whatever happens though personally i very much want him on the team. But if bryce or Karlos are balling in TC and can effectively pass block, and clearly give us a better running game, it could be the difference between playoffs or not. So I'll leave it to the experts.

Yeah, me too but I think the experts should consult JJ Watt's thighs about who can effectively pass block.