The Fred Jackson Interview

It's an hour long, or 45-50 minutes because they cut out the commercials but I thought it was worth its own thread. Some time in the next week listen to it, it's terrific.

A lot of stuff you expect to hear from him but it's a must listen. You will like him even more and be even more excited for the season.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/21667744.php?contentType=4&contentId=17490129

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard part of it this morning and it was really good. I liked how he said that Roman has some offensive schemes, blocking and otherwise, that he's never seen before in his 10 yrs.

Yeah, that was interesting. He's almost always a positive guy so you have to put that into the equation when evaluating what he says. But you can also detect certain things he says by how he says them. Or at least I think I can. Obviously it's impossible to know.

A few tidbits:

He's extremely impressed by Charles Clay. Thinks he is great.

He mentioned the WR and he went out of his way to mention Woods, and then listed Goodwin. He didn't mention Hogan. That in and of itself doesn't mean all that much but it's still interesting to me, and I think shows that Goodwin is very much going to be part of the offense.

He was very funny talking about the last play of the Super Bowl, and said if it was him, every day he would be walking past the coach and reminding him it was a terrible call. He said he talked to Marshawn the next day and Lynch was getting over being pissed about it but Fred said he would never get over it. He himself is still mad about it and it only happened to a friend of his, not him.

Thinks Roman is a genius and that the offense will be really fun.

He's such a great guy but hearing him talk at length about what it means to be a Buffalonian and how he approaches the game and all of that stuff is such a treat compared to all the crap we read and hear from players.

Here are some quotes about whether he thinks he will make the team:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/06/23/fred-ive-got-to-compete-for-my-spot/

I love his attitude but I would be shocked if he isn't a Bill this year. At worst, I think he will come up with a mysterious injury toward the end of camp if things aren't going well and he will go on limited IR or full year IR. His presence is needed.

Lots of egos on this team and someone needs to keep everyone focused on the prize. That's Freddy on O; Kyle Williams on D.

I don't understand the notion that Jackson could be cut. The Bills are going to cut a guy who had 66 catches in 2014 and happens to be the most popular player in the city, because they like Bryce Brown?

If Fred Jackson was a healthy cut there are 31 NFL teams who would sign him.

He is an ideal backup/3rd down RB. His pass catching, blocking, and leadership are all well above average for the position.

Edited by Flip Johnson

He was very funny talking about the last play of the Super Bowl, and said if it was him, every day he would be walking past the coach and reminding him it was a terrible call. He said he talked to Marshawn the next day and Lynch was getting over being pissed about it but Fred said he would never get over it. He himself is still mad about it and it only happened to a friend of his, not him.

Always Love Fred. Laughed out loud while driving and heard him say in addition to this he would probably text the coach at 3 am saying he should have run the ball!

Really gonna miss Freddy when he moves on.

Fred may be one of the best guys to wear a Bills uni.... That is saying a lot... The guy has been a warrior on the field and a role model off of it.

The #22 that I bought last year is one Bills jersey is one that I'm always proud to wear wherever, whenever! He's Wall of Fame material for sure...

Go Freddy, Go Bills!

if he is truly on the bubble and the worse happens

I will miss his professionalism!!!

this comment was based on the Yahoo story link

Bills might cut Fred Jackson

While speculation has began to cool down with all the new assists added to the Buffalo Bills, veteran running back Fred Jackson’s future is uncertain. According to Bills Blog.........

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

if he is truly on the bubble and the worse happens

I will miss his professionalism!!!

im ok with whatever happens though personally i very much want him on the team. But if bryce or Karlos are balling in TC and can effectively pass block, and clearly give us a better running game, it could be the difference between playoffs or not. So I'll leave it to the experts.

I like how it's not 'A Fred Jackson Interview,' but rather 'The Fred Jackson Interview.'

Fred is the man, and one of the best Bills of all time. FJ and Kyle Williams will go down as the two players that helped to carry Bills fans through what was otherwise a pretty dark era for the franchise. Both wall material.

im ok with whatever happens though personally i very much want him on the team. But if bryce or Karlos are balling in TC and can effectively pass block, and clearly give us a better running game, it could be the difference between playoffs or not. So I'll leave it to the experts.

I think Fred is the best pass-play blocking back in the league. Also in the top tier for yards-after-contact. These traits along with being a top veteran presence in the locker room, and overall team embassador...for me is enough to warrant him a roster spot. Any team would kill for these attributes.

I think Fred is the best pass-play blocking back in the league. Also in the top tier for yards-after-contact. These traits along with being a top veteran presence in the locker room, and overall team embassador...for me is enough to warrant him a roster spot. Any team would kill for these attributes.

i agree. I'm just trying to prepare myself for it, just in case.

His number should go up on the wall someday, along with Kyle's.

I got away from the Bills from about 96 to 2004, but that's when my re-awakening began (helluva time, right?)

But for somebody who's doubled down on his fandom from '04 until now, I think Jackson and Williams will forever be my two favorite Bills.